Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Where to go from here?

themoo-12

I just got my Ultimate DSSD and 50th Sub from Mary this week now I am looking to expand. What do you think should be my next watch? Post it up with some pics!

Luthier
I just got my Ultimate DSSD and 50th Sub from Mary this week now I am looking to expand. What do you think should be my next watch? Post it up with some pics!

Good choice for the first buy!

Next one? Depend on what'd you like. I'd recommend Breitling reps -Skyland Avenger, or B-01 with graphite dial, or Super Avenger if your wrist is big. One-two PAMs will be the nice addition to your collection, Regatta or Daylight, or PAM104, if you like simplicity.

Many great brands exist - Hublot, Ulisse Nardine, Rolex, Omega, especially Ultimate Planet Ocean (UPO). Roger Dubuis, many others.

Everything depend on your taste and the thickness of your wallet.

:)

themoo-12

I have been eying some Breitling reps as well as omega I am more of a fan of SS watches all around not really a leather band lover but if its the right watch Ill wear one :)

GC

I posted exactly the same post not too long ago...

since than I have added a Breitling Skyland Avenger, an AP ROO SS/White dial on SS bracelet and an Omega PO 45mm.

IMO, a collection is not complete with out the 5 household names Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Panerai & (insert your brand choice here).

The great thing about this hobby is that for the price of adding one of each brand to your collection you would only be able to afford 1 lower cost Gen. Don't ya luv the Rep world...I do!

Omeg@007

If i were you, i will go next for Bretling Chronometer (it depends on which model u r interested) :) after already purchased 5 Omega & 1 Rolex.... :D :D

Good Luck

Luthier
I posted exactly the same post not too long ago...

since than I have added a Breitling Skyland Avenger, an AP ROO SS/White dial on SS bracelet and an Omega PO 45mm.

IMO, a collection is not complete with out the 5 household names Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Panerai & (insert your brand choice here).

The great thing about this hobby is that for the price of adding one of each brand to your collection you would only be able to afford 1 lower cost Gen. Don't ya luv the Rep world...I do!

+100

Brightlight

Why would anyone want anything more than Rolex in a collection? A Datejust II, a GMT IIc and perhaps a Daytona would be good additions.

Luthier
Why would anyone want anything more than Rolex in a collection? A Datejust II, a GMT IIc and perhaps a Daytona would be good additions.

Because many others great brands exist. I'm Rolley's fan myself, have about 10 Rolleys, but I buy Breitlings, Hublots, etc, etc.

Why DateJust, if for the same money you can buy DayDate?

Silverspeed

I'll buy any rep if I like the way it looks...and if it's a half decent rep...regardless of the brand

That's one the nice things about reps...no need to stick with one or two brands

Omeg@007

My Favorite Brands in Order:

1)- Omega

2)- Breitling

3)- Chopard

4)- Carrera

5)- SLR

6)-Graham

7)- Ferrarie

8)- Cartier.

Will try to get the above soon :)

Edited by BBB9700

Brightlight

Because many others great brands exist. I'm Rolley's fan myself, have about 10 Rolleys, but I buy Breitlings, Hublots, etc, etc.

Why DateJust, if for the same money you can buy DayDate?

I know other brands exist, my point was why anyone would want to bother when there are Rollies to fit every occasion :D

I just prefer the Datejust with the simple stick dial, very elegant and uncluttered, and I may forget the date but I never forget what day it is. Not yet anyway :D

Member X

I think the other issue is that the DateJust is usually $$$$ but the Day-Date is usually $$$$$ - which can make the difference between believable and blatantly not gen, depending on how you dress, what your job is, etc etc :) LoL

trailboss99

Enough Rollies for now, branch out, I'd get a UN diver's next. Either a Blue Surf or one of the many others. They are close to being a super rep for well under 200 bucks.

Stephen_UNBS_91upload.jpg

Stephen_MMDBurgundy_73upload.jpg

Col.

Brightlight
Enough Rollies for now, branch out, I'd get a UN diver's next. Either a Blue Surf or one of the many others. They are close to being a super rep for well under 200 bucks.

Col.

Enough Rollies.................... HERESY!!! And from Admin too :)

dingle

how about a pam? :facepalm:

4542616475_56b43b5723.jpg

Relayman
how about a pam? :D

Was that a "Pam" or "Pamela"??

;)

pamela1s.jpg

barkingtoad
how about a pam? :D

Come on now Ding your just teasing , you know mines stuck in the postal system .

dingle
how about a pam? ;)

Come on now Ding your just teasing , you know mines stuck in the postal system .

:D

It will be there soon mate.....and pics you will have to post. :D

KBH

O-meeeeeg-a should be next. UPO if you can wear the size. 42mm PO if you don't.

Next best dive watch to a Submariner.

DSCN4019.jpg

Omeg@007

DSCN4019.jpg

Exactly, this is what i call: Watch :D

themoo-12

DSCN4019.jpg

This is probably my next one :monkeyspank:

Luthier
how about a pam? :monkeyspank:

Too primitive.

GC
DSCN4019.jpg

This is probably my next one :lol:

The really nice thing about the PO, or for that matter Omega in general, is that unlike Rolex it is less pretentious and less under scrutiny. Although I only got the "lite" version (21J) of the UPO, people tend to comment/compliment about it more freely than with my Rollies.

I think you will really enjoy the UPO, and I hate to admit it but, it does make ya feel a little Bond-esq.

themoo-12

I've seen one from mary and I've seen problems with the PO it may be a fluke but does anyone know where to get a nice one? With eta movement of course love the smooth sweep!

ebzen02

Since most of the demographic here is over 60 (those recommending a rolex), there are a few of the younger guys that will recommend a Panerai.. So, do not listen to those so-called "Wisemen" (aka old farts) and get yourself a nice big manly Panerai!!! PAM PAM PAM PAM!!! Although, trailboss did surprised me and suggested a nice UN--he is the exception..