Sign in to follow this  
TheInthusiest

Where to buy gen bezel inserts?

TheInthusiest

Im thinking of buying a gen bezel insert for my DSSD. I need some places to go to get them. i understand eBay is a good option. But finding the right legitimate seller is a pain.

Any other places?

Thanks!

honeybear

Maybe The Rolex Forum?

TheInthusiest

I'll check it out.

fatarms

Make sure you have the right tools or have one of the modders replace it for you. From what I remember from reading here, the bezel is extremely difficult to remove correctly and really easy to mess up and bend.

TheInthusiest

Make sure you have the right tools or have one of the modders replace it for you. From what I remember from reading here, the bezel is extremely difficult to remove correctly and really easy to mess up and bend.

I work at a jewelry store part time and have all the tools at my disposal. I also work on various gens everyday. i think im ok on that point. :)

fatarms

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me

You'd think a guy who works in a jewelry store would know where to buy a bezel insert then :P

Good luck with the search, bud :D

TheInthusiest

I've thought of taking some off of the gens... but it ain't worth it. haha

gottahaverolex

Most of what you will find will be aftermarket versions, you'll be hard pressed to find a OEM for sale anywhere. If you do find one I'd question its authenticity unless it was brand new in the sealed package with receipt. When I had my gen DSSD I was on TRF all the time and not once did I see a insert for sale.

Edited by gottahaverolex

gottahaverolex

Also, if you look on TRF about the cost of a replacement you are looking at $800.00

TheInthusiest

Most of what you will find will be aftermarket versions, you'll be hard pressed to find a OEM for sale anywhere. If you do find one I'd question its authenticity unless it was brand new in the sealed package with receipt. When I had my gen DSSD I was on TRF all the time and not once did I see a insert for sale.

Im looking at the ones for sale over at Rolex forums. and they all seem to be in the correct packaging with the authenticity card. Too bad im only seeing Sub inserts... And non are catching my eye.

Indeed. Thanks for the tips

SSTEEL

They do come up for sale now and again, but not as frequent as the sub non-ceramic inserts.

Which maker is your DSSD? If BK, I think you should be ok with gen, but unsure on other makers.