Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Stem Release on Seiko 7S26 21J movement?

SSTEEL

First time I have had to open up a Seiko as they are very reliable, I just wish I could say the same about the bloody ebay seller I purchased it from, who stated in ebay listing that watch was serviced four weeks before listing, and also waterproof tested.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380640020547

So today I decided to test it, and took it for a shower. I know I know, but I thought, its a Seiko! Damn, it steamed up, so quickly dried it off, and opened the back, and it was there I found the lack of any good o ring lift, so no seal at all.

Anyhow, I want to whip out the movement, but cannot figure out how to release the stem, can anyone help? Its the popular 7S26 21J auto. Here's a couple of photos of the movement/stem area..

SANY0991_zps4a0d9297.jpg

SANY0993_zps37a570e4.jpg

SANY0992_zps016002ff.jpg

Also whilst I had the case back off, I found this small wire/spring? I first thought it was a loose piece of metal, but when I tried to pick it up, it sprung back into place. Any idea what it is?

9409989828_c5df96c162_b.jpg

Any help on the stem release would be greatly appreciated :)

black263

Don't know about the stem release but that looks like the winding ratchet. (click spring)

SSTEEL

Ok, thanks :)

Olly

Pull the crown out until you see a tab apear right next to the stem. I think theyre like some modern quartz movements

SSTEEL

Aha, cheers guys, thanks for the photo, and link CM.

SSTEEL

Perfect, worked a treat. Thanks again guys :)

SSTEEL

And of course if you are really interested in servicing your Seiko Micky, then have a look at this link http://www.clockmake...diy_seiko_7s26/

Cheers mate, bookmarked :)

Rob Roy

Wonderfully put together tutorial , I have a few of these moments so I has been bookmarked for future reference.

Cheers

Col