Sign in to follow this  
jrs335

How to regulate P.9000 decorated A-7750

jrs335

Anyone know how to adjust the fine tune regulation on the P.9000 decorated A-7750? The adjustment lever appears to be under the decorations, hope I don't have to remove the rotor and plates.

P4GTR

pic?

ReplicaFromDownunder

P9000? sounds like a gun from battlefield 2..

Cynikal.Mindset

you dont fine tune regulate unless you want to take off the bridgework...regulate via the balance assembly, just move a cunt hair whichever way you need to adjust for

black263

I'm confusticated here. Surely that photo shows the balance wheel with clear access to regulate time and beat.

Cynikal.Mindset

the movement pictured has access screws the 2 blue ones on the balance assembly which you would remove to gain access to the fine regulator, some other variations of the decorated 7750/p9000 have a solid plate that covers the whole balance like so

PN441b6.jpg

black263

So can't it be regulated by the arms visible in the gap?

Cynikal.Mindset

yes, that would be what is considered coarse regulation

sconehead

...if it's 7750 based, use these pics as a guide...but be aware, only move it a midge's dick at a time, wear it, observe any improvement and adjust further as necessary... ;)

A7750-1.jpg

...if memory serves it's this way to increase,

A7750-2.jpg

jrs335

...if it's 7750 based, use these pics as a guide...but be aware, only move it a midge's dick at a time, wear it, observe any improvement and adjust further as necessary... ;)

A7750-1.jpg

A7750-2.jpg

I have a timegrapher but that coarse adjuster moves the setting too much in either direction. I need to get to the fine adjuster lever but it is covered.

Cynikal.Mindset

A7750-1.jpg

A7750-2.jpg

I have a timegrapher but that coarse adjuster moves the setting too much in either direction. I need to get to the fine adjuster lever but it is covered.

is yours a version with solid plate over balance or 2 piece plate with the 2 screws?

Cynikal.Mindset

the 2 blue screws on the balance decorative cover once removed should gain access to the fine regulator (if they left it in place during the modification)

jrs335

the 2 blue screws on the balance decorative cover once removed should gain access to the fine regulator (if they left it in place during the modification)

I will try that later but it looks like the whole piece might be one plate (polished w/2 blue screws and brushed plate beneath it) I tried removing some screws and they appear glued down!.

Cynikal.Mindset

it very well may be a solid plate with a polished section and it wouldn't surprise me if they used an adhesive of some variety either...how much is it off a day?

jrs335

it very well may be a solid plate with a polished section and it wouldn't surprise me if they used an adhesive of some variety either...how much is it off a day?

It's off about -8 seconds/day

sconehead

-8 seconds...I'd leave it be mate...if you take it off at night, put the watch face up and you might regain a second or three...;)

onzenuub

A7750-1.jpg

A7750-2.jpg

You Do mean a Scones dick? :lol:

sconehead

A7750-1.jpg

A7750-2.jpg

...I was originally planning to say an Onze's dick...honestly...:lol:

onzenuub

A7750-1.jpg

A7750-2.jpg

...I was originally planning to say an Onze's dick...honestly... :lol:

I know, but it wouldn't regulate the movement. :lol:

jrs335

I think I'll leave it alone until someone else tries it. I love this watch too much to mess it up!

onzenuub

I think I'll leave it alone until someone else tries it. I love this watch too much to mess it up!

Bring it to a friendly watchmaker, he wil do it.

P4GTR

I know, but it wouldn't regulate the movement. :lol:

don't say that... soft to hard would be the perfect micro-adjust. :lol:

Scones pics show exactly how to adjust the movement, though -8 is pretty damn good. It's a bit of a fools errand trying to adjust out 8 sec on an unserviced A7750, but if I was going to do it, I'd do it via the balance area-

A7750-1.jpg