Sign in to follow this  
clockwerk

First purchase - a bit of guidance need here with QC

clockwerk

Hi Folks

About to take the plunge with my first purchase and currently talking with a TD here about the next steps etc..

Being my first purchase i need a bit of guidance here so as not to piss any TD's off.

The question i had was about QC pics.

I'm asking to see a QC pic with lume shot of the actual piece that is being sent out.

Im ok with looking at general pics (from TD's website for example) to get an idea of what the lume should look like but this is more to make sure the lume on the actual piece itself is not flawed. We are talking about reps after all ?

Just wondering if this is being too difficult / picky and should not be expected. To me its no different from any other QC of the actual piece.

Thanks in advance.

SSTEEL

I don't think its too taxing for the dealer to comply with your request, after all I have seen some dealers supply lume shots as standard.

cromag
I don't think its too taxing for the dealer to comply with your request, after all I have seen some dealers supply lume shots as standard.

+1

HeavyKrush

If the watch isn't advertised as "super lumed" not sure what you'll get out of the lumed pics. Just about any watch will shine if exposed to enough light and pic snapped quickly.

TheInthusiest

If the watch isn't advertised as "super lumed" not sure what you'll get out of the lumed pics. Just about any watch will shine if exposed to enough light and pic snapped quickly.

You mean, pic snapped slowly. A slow shutter will allow more light to enter leaving a much brighter lume shot.

Wriggles

What he meant was to take the picture immediately after the lume is charged for maximum effect with the correct shutter speed, as poor lume will fade out quickly

clockwerk

i thought i was doing the n00by thing here and being too picky or difficult with the TD as i didnt quiet get the response i was expecting after asking politely

Virus

you are buying something and you are paying, or payed already.

I do not see any reason why the TD wouldn't send you a lume pic since you asked so...

Wriggles

Ok, first of all you say you are getting ready to take the plunge. If you're at QC stage then you have taken the plunge, unless there is exceptional issues with the watch you should accept after QC photos show the watch is good.

Again, you should not back out unless there are exceptional issues with watch being shown!!

If you are at the point of asking before ordering what QC pics you will get then possibly you are over thinking all this, but if the TD is not responding in a professional manner at this point it might be an idea to consider if you really are happy to deal with this particular TD.

BigSteve

HeavyKrush is dead right!

clockwerk

Ok, first of all you say you are getting ready to take the plunge. If you're at QC stage then you have taken the plunge, unless there is exceptional issues with the watch you should accept after QC photos show the watch is good.

Again, you should not back out unless there are exceptional issues with watch being shown!!

If you are at the point of asking before ordering what QC pics you will get then possibly you are over thinking all this, but if the TD is not responding in a professional manner at this point it might be an idea to consider if you really are happy to deal with this particular TD.

haven't received any QC pics yet. but have asked for them to include a lume shot. Whatever stage that is considered to be.

still working out how the rules work in these transactions. More questions now = less headaches later and one less whinging 1 - transaction noob.

Thanks again for all the input

Wriggles

haven't received any QC pics yet. but have asked for them to include a lume shot. Whatever stage that is considered to be.

still working out how the rules work in these transactions. More questions now = less headaches later and one less whinging 1 - transaction noob.

Thanks again for all the input

You miss my point, if you are at the point where you are expecting QC, received or not, it means you have paid and made an order. This is not clear from any of your posts yet.

If so, then unless there are exceptional flaws shown in QC, you are effectively obliged to accept the watch. It's been said here time and again, before ordering research the watch you want.

If you are only negotiating with a TD on a watch you wish to order, then it's a different scenario.

Maybe the TD doesn't normally provide lume shots as part of QC, and it may be difficult for them to do so. Maybe they just don't want to bother.

If lume is so important then you should negotiate whether you get a lume shot with the TD prior to making the order. If the TD is unwilling and you really want it move on to another TD.

It's all about order and sequence of events.

1. Contact a TD about a watch

2. Discuss and agree the process, ie what QC pics you want, price etc.

3. When happy with the process then place the order, otherwise go elsewhere.

If you place the order between point 1 and 2 you have to accept the TD understands and works by a different process than you want, probably no point at that stage trying to renegotiate the process.

Different TD's will handle this in different ways. Again, it's about finding a TD that does it the way YOU want BEFORE you commit to a purchase by making the order

dalboy

+1000

No point anyway..

Given the correct use of the camera and enough charge of the lume , you could make something thats piss poor look like a neon display.

Dal.

TheSav

Should I reject the QC on this lume shot ?

image_zps130eb606.jpg

dalboy

image_zps130eb606.jpg

Looks good to me :giggle:

Aviator-night-vision-goggles-1.jpg

replicastuff

normally lume shot is included in qc dealer dependant.

clockwerk

So what was the point of this smart arse comment?

I accept the question might sound silly - but thats exactly why im asking in this section being a new comer to the Rep scene.

image_zps130eb606.jpg

Edge22

I accept the question might sound silly - but thats exactly why im asking in this section being a new comer to the Rep scene.

image_zps130eb606.jpg

Maybe it's simply The Sav's way of asking if you actually read this IMPORTANT part of the board?

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

If not - then that's not at all a smartass comment...

clockwerk

It's all about order and sequence of events.

1. Contact a TD about a watch

2. Discuss and agree the process, ie what QC pics you want, price etc.

3. When happy with the process then place the order, otherwise go elsewhere.

We are stage 2.

Thanks again for all the feed back, i know where to go to from here..

reximda

+1000

No point anyway..

Given the correct use of the camera and enough charge of the lume , you could make something thats piss poor look like a neon display.

Dal.

^^^ This

Lume shots are worthless.

TheSav

it's called a joke clockwerk

joke

n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Pmat

Get used to it.

James.

Lume pics are redundant, long exposure to strong light and a fast shutter speed will make anything look good.

HeavyKrush

image_zps130eb606.jpg

Ha! You are such a smart ass.

nyckid

it's called a joke clockwerk

joke

n.

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
A mischievous trick; a prank.
An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

He'll get the joke Sav.....maybe some time this year? :picard: