Sign in to follow this  
Sbtrktime

Urwerk UR-202 Homage update

Sbtrktime

Hi Guys!

for those of you who don't know, I've been working on a Urwerk ur-202 for the past 7 months or so. I have made a few previous posts about the project with pictures a few months ago but haven't really posted any updates as to how the project has been going along since. On that note I'm pleased to announce that i have more pictures and updates for anyone that is interested. Im fairly new to this forum so feel free to correct me with any mistakes i make in this post so i can learn for future reference. Also i haven't quite figured out the whole image posting thing besides directing links to Flickr so if there's an easier way let me know. I posted a link to one of the new pictures, and then from there you should be able to scroll and browse through the rest of them, please let me know if it doesnt work. what i have below is prototype mk2 of this project, with mk3 in the making. As of right now i have a working rotor dial assembly which i may post a video in the near future. everything seen on my Flickr is all my own custom work, machining and 3D prototyping. other pictures are of past prototypes and renderings i did through my CAD models of the watch. you can see the progress made from the first prototype as i am starting to get closer and closer to the final product. still a long ways to go but its all in good fun and the quest for my very own Urwerk. feel free to ask questions or leave comments and enjoy!

http://www.flickr.co...N03/9431512921/

Edited by barrelhand

TheSav

8729063613_ce87780829.jpg

IMG_1634[1] by karelbachand, on Flickr

In flickr to you need to click the little icon at the bottom right of your pic that has the arrow in it. It opens a new box. In that select BBcode at the bottom and then copy the entire link within the box and paste it in your thread. The link must have URL at beginning and end.

Paragraphs would be good too. :P

Really liking your work on this and hope you will keep us updated more often than you have. It is interesting for sure. How far are you from a finished product?

Sbtrktime

8729063613_ce87780829.jpg

IMG_1634[1] by karelbachand, on Flickr

In flickr to you need to click the little icon at the bottom right of your pic that has the arrow in it. It opens a new box. In that select BBcode at the bottom and then copy the entire link within the box and paste it in your thread. The link must have URL at beginning and end.

Paragraphs would be good too. :P

Really liking your work on this and hope you will keep us updated more often than you have. It is interesting for sure. How far are you from a finished product?

Awesome thank you so much for the help and tips.

As of right now all of the parts for prototype mk3 are being machined and should be coming in on Monday. the main updates are a change in tolerance for tighter fitting parts, as well as threading for all the screws so that everything fits together nicely. if i am 100% satisfied with the workings of mk3 then i will be able to save all those files and start machining all the parts in the specified materials like aluminum, white gold, titanium etc. right now all of the prototypes are being made in a uv polymer to save on material and manufacturing costs.

Based on where i am at now and assuming mk3 goes according to plan i could finish the first Urwerk Ur-202 rep in as little as a month!

however i always like improving on things so im sure once i finish it i will want to keep adding to it and improve in anyway that i can.

Thanks again for the help i really appreciate it.

TheSav

Looking forward to seeing it :)

cannon_fodder1010

This is an example of diligence passion and skill. Can't wait to see wristies and a video once its complete. Very nice!

Stuvetjee

This is the shit! Of you really can pull this of youre the man!:o

gran

This is an example of diligence passion and skill. Can't wait to see wristies and a video once its complete. Very nice!

+1

powderfreak

Wow, awesome project! I have to admit, I am not a big fan of the desigh, but your work is stunning!

What will the finished watch cost you - any estimations?

Sbtrktime

Thank you!

Kaiser

Great stuff Barrelhand, eager to see more of this

Sbtrktime

This is the shit! Of you really can pull this of youre the man! :o

Haha thanks, if everything goes according to plan you should be seeing a finished piece within a month or two hopefully before school starts up again

TT88

tumblr_m7d7mvfIAw1ryp28io1_400_zps9584dafb.jpg

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

Sbtrktime

Wow, awesome project! I have to admit, I am not a big fan of the desigh, but your work is stunning!

Thanks! ya it certainly isn't a watch/company that everyone will enjoy, but it certainly grows on people with time, i was always fascinated by the workings and unique display of these watches

Edited by barrelhand

TT88

Thanks! ya it certainly isn't a watch/company that everyone will enjoy, but i was always fascinated by the workings and unique display of these watches, so i was determined to get a hold of this watch.

As of right now the total project has cost me around 550 USD which is purely from material and machining costs. Which isnt bad at all considering the retail price of this watch. However what this project does consume is a lot of time as ive been working on this project for well over 6-7 months. once i start machining in the actual materials for the watch such as aluminum, white gold, titanium etc, one watch should cost me close to 900-1000 USD.

It's still cheaper than the real one.

Best of all, you made it yourself!

:clap:

Sbtrktime

Thanks! ya it certainly isn't a watch/company that everyone will enjoy, but i was always fascinated by the workings and unique display of these watches, so i was determined to get a hold of this watch.

As of right now the total project has cost me around 550 USD which is purely from material and machining costs. Which isnt bad at all considering the retail price of this watch. However what this project does consume is a lot of time as ive been working on this project for well over 6-7 months. once i start machining in the actual materials for the watch such as aluminum, white gold, titanium etc, one watch should cost me close to 900-1000 USD.

It's still cheaper than the real one.

Best of all, you made it yourself!

:clap:

haha ya absolutely!

eisig

More importantly, will you be offering copies of the watch once you finalize the design & complete the project? (Please!)

I saw your original post & also am amazed by the work going in to this watch and am glad to see it is coming closer to completion.

I personally love unconventional watch designs (have admired Urwerk watches for a long time, as well as Devon's Tread (almost affordable), Harry Winston Opus 11 & 12, UN Freak, Parmigiani Bugatti 370, Hublot LaFerrari, etc., etc.)

I realize that the "usual" factories that produce the watches the TD's supply us would never undertake such a project.

Looking forward to updates and to see pictures and videos of the watch in action.

Also, would want to be a customer if/when you make this available.

greg_r

More importantly, will you be offering copies of the watch once you finalize the design & complete the project? (Please!)

I saw your original post & also am amazed by the work going in to this watch and am glad to see it is coming closer to completion.

I personally love unconventional watch designs (have admired Urwerk watches for a long time, as well as Devon's Tread (almost affordable), Harry Winston Opus 11 & 12, UN Freak, Parmigiani Bugatti 370, Hublot LaFerrari, etc., etc.)

I realize that the "usual" factories that produce the watches the TD's supply us would never undertake such a project.

Looking forward to updates and to see pictures and videos of the watch in action.

Also, would want to be a customer if/when you make this available.

Hold on right there.

There has been no word said of selling these to anyone else and barrelhand would have to talk to me first before anything could be offered via this board. We have strict rules about these things - for YOUR protection - so let's not get ahead of ourselves here, okay?

gran
:giggle:

onzenuub
:popcorn:

eisig

greg_r,

Holding on right here, steadying my course. lol.

Most sincere apologies.

Yes, I know there are regulations regarding such things. I'll blame jet-lag for the lapse, along with a healthy dose of excitement & enthusiasm added on for good measure over a project that is so unique. :whiteflag:

I realize the watch hasn't even been completed yet. I realize barrelhand hasn't even hinted that there would be more than one. For all I know barrelhand is being kind enough to share a personal project, with no intention of replicating once finished.

At any rate, very interesting project. I wish the factories could offer the TD's similar offerings.

Cynikal.Mindset

what movement is used and does it work like the gen?

Sbtrktime

what movement is used and does it work like the gen?

As of now i am using a modified miyota 9u13 movement. The movement works exactly the same when scrolling through using the crown (i.e. the rotor dial rotates and the barrels flip 3 90 degree rotations in the back to change the hour etc.) however i need to change the gear ratios within the movement because when the watch is simply running, the rotor dial takes 1 hour to do 1 full rotation where as i need it to do 1/3 a rotation every hour. that is something ive been working on for a while now, but the whole complication does work just like the gen its just that it is moving too fast.

Cynikal.Mindset

cool, you should post a video

Sbtrktime

cool, you should post a video

Thanks,be on the lookout, a video should be coming up soon in the near future, just need to order a new winding stem