Sign in to follow this  
imranbecks

Omega 45mm Planet Ocean from Timeshops

imranbecks

I've just ordered this Omega Planet Ocean from Timeshops, making it my first purchase from them >>> http://www.timeshops.net/OM5678_-_Omega_Bl...c_210001-71.htm

I'm not sure how the payment method works, I opted for payment by credit card, but I have not received any email from them with regards to my order. Hope I'll here from them soon coz I can't wait to receive the watch!

Anyone ordered from them before? How is it?

Edited by imranbecks

AllergyDoc

I've not ordered from Mark but i assume he will send you a link or other payment instructions.

imranbecks

Payment made! Hope to get the watch soon!

houndoggie

I've done about 5 or 6 orders from Mark.. all via Paypal invoice. No problems at all.

imranbecks
I've done about 5 or 6 orders from Mark.. all via Paypal invoice. No problems at all.

I enquired with them about paying with PayPal but they said they don't use PayPal.. Take a look at their mode of payments accepted at their website.. No PayPal.. Maybe they accepted PayPal last time, but not anymore..damn..

imranbecks

What worries me now is that the tracking number Timeshops has given me is totally useless. It keeps giving me an error message. Wth..

imranbecks
What worries me now is that the tracking number Timeshops has given me is totally useless. It keeps giving me an error message. Wth..

I managed to track it through my local post office though, and according to the tracker, its already with the delivery courier! Should be receiving the watch anytime now..

Strangely, no matter how many times I track it using the EMS China website, it still doesn't show anything.. It keeps saying I got the verification code wrong..

greg_r

The EMS website is known for those kinda inaccuracies. Tracking via your local postal service is the way to go, as you've discovered :lol:

imranbecks

I've just received the watch. It looks really great.. But the movement is really disappointing. I know its an asian movement and all, but unfortunately, i think something is wrong with the one that I got.. The second hand stops sweeping at the 37secs mark.. It keeps stopping at the same place and will only move again after I turn the knob.....damn..

Edited by imranbecks

Omeg@007
I've just received the watch. It looks really great.. But the movement is really disappointing. I know its an asian movement and all, but unforunately, i think something is wrong with the one that I got.. The second hand stops sweeping at the 37secs mark.. It keeps stopping at the same place and will only move again after I turn the knob.....damn..

It is not a problem mate :lol:

did you read the watch section on timeshops.net Q & A page?

for any new watch to have to wind it for 30 round every night.

Please go through it, and you shall seek ur request :rainingshit:

imranbecks
I've just received the watch. It looks really great.. But the movement is really disappointing. I know its an asian movement and all, but unforunately, i think something is wrong with the one that I got.. The second hand stops sweeping at the 37secs mark.. It keeps stopping at the same place and will only move again after I turn the knob.....damn..

It is not a problem mate :lol:

did you read the watch section on timeshops.net Q & A page?

for any new watch to have to wind it for 30 round every night.

Please go through it, and you shall seek ur request :rainingshit:

The movement is jerky too.. I wound it so many times, still the same.. And at around the 20secs mark, the second hands sort of like jumped and skipped a couple of seconds.. Pretty erratic I must say...

GC

That unfortunately can sometimes be the case with the 21J movt's. If you get a good one, no problems and they run well, if you get a bad one...herky jerky sweep and seldome but possible movt stalls.

I would contact Mark @Timeshop and ask what he recommends as a solution.

imranbecks
That unfortunately can sometimes be the case with the 21J movt's. If you get a good one, no problems and they run well, if you get a bad one...herky jerky sweep and seldome but possible movt stalls.

I would contact Mark @Timeshop and ask what he recommends as a solution.

Thanks.. I was considering to get a ETA version of it from Ruby but I don't feel secure paying anymore than US$150 for rep even if its a trusted dealer.. Might consider in the future, but not just yet I think.. Nonetheless, I've already contacted Timeshops via email and attached a video I recorded of the movement I received as well.. Meanwhile, here's the watch on my wrist.. 45mm.. Fits me just nice...

dsc04427t.jpg

GC

Just so you are not put off by your first experience, I too got my first 21J and it suffered from problems. The second one I ordered runs very well so like I said it's hit or miss. So take it in stride, who knows maybe if the movt works itself in, i.e. runs for a while and it's movt lube/oils flow'n, it might turn out not to be a problematic one. I do hope that is the case, if not well i'm sure Mark will take care of you some way.

Luthier

Why don't you order from our best dealers - Robert or Mary?

At least they'll put the watch on the stand for a day, to check, how mov't works.

imranbecks
Just so you are not put off by your first experience, I too got my first 21J and it suffered from problems. The second one I ordered runs very well so like I said it's hit or miss. So take it in stride, who knows maybe if the movt works itself in, i.e. runs for a while and it's movt lube/oils flow'n, it might turn out not to be a problematic one. I do hope that is the case, if not well i'm sure Mark will take care of you some way.

Nope... As of now, I've already wind the watch countless of times over the past few hours since my last post here.. I'm pretty sure I did more than 30 rounds of winding.... Still the same problem. The second hands keep stalling anywhere between the 15 to 45 secs mark after a minute or so... Right now, its stuck at the 30 sec mark. Its really very annoying.

I got a response from Mark, he says I will have to send it back to him for repair. I refuse to do so as doing so would be troublesome and would only cost me the shipping. I'm really disappointed. Mark refuse to send me a replacement, so I guess the watch is useless now unless I bring it to a watch dealer and let them take a look at it..

According to Mark, they checked the watch before shipping it out. I guess they didn't check it properly. They probably saw it sweeping for a few seconds, and they thought, "the watch is ok, lets ship it out!". Had they checked and waited for a minute or so, they will see the second hand start to freeze and jerk between the 15 to 45 secs mark. And I doubt the watch was damaged during shipping, coz the way it was packed and wrap, it was near impossible for it to receive much shock to the movements even if the package was thrown around during shipping. It even took me abt a good 10mins to finally open up the watch that was wrapped under so many layers of masking tape, foam and a ziploc bag, that just shows how safely packed it was. So my guess is that the watch movement was already not working properly even before it was shipped. I guess this would be my first and last purchase from Timeshops.. Such a waste. I'm disappointed with their service as well as their QC.

I will now try to send it to a watch dealer and see what they can do about it and just hope the charge to fix it won't burn a hole in my wallet...

And if this is how bad the Asian movement quality is, I guess this would also be my first and last Asian movement purchase.. My other replica, the SMP, is using the ETA movement which is very smooth and perfect.. Got that one a couple of years ago..