$24,000 Rolex goes missing at airport security checkpoint

Silverspeed

Ouch that sucks....

On the bright side, I believe Robert has these on special sale for $89

dingle
Ouch that sucks....

On the bright side, I believe Robert has these on special sale for $89

:thumbsup:

we should have a new member by the name TSA very soon........

houndoggie

Sucks.

I put all my stuff (wallet, phone, watches) in my zipped up and locked carry-on and send it through the machine. If they need to inspect it, they do it in front of me.

barkingtoad

what a pisser

looked a-bit small for that wrist

trailboss99

Worst of it is it sounds like they are not particularly rich but the watch was something scrimped and saved for over a very long time.

The tell thing here are the comments, not much support for these clowns is there? How conveniant the cameras were down that day.

Of cause the staff had no idea about that did they?

Col.

prestigewatchco

Well about every security guard i have ever meet has been a thief with a uniform. Whatever they are guarding they seem to steal the most of it

narikaa

Yes Ive had many a boxing match with airport security

Never will it leave my line of sight

You want to re xray it then back I go

Had many a head butting contest with manager types who always acquiesce when I explain that when I pay in large amounts of folding to a bank, never would they take it into a back room then come back and tell me how much was there! Further, they are supposed to be providing security - where is my security in this? letting a minimum wage goffle scamper about with my valuables unsupervised!

Member X

I don't know how anyone gets away with coming back with loads of watches - I'd be worried they'd seize them all!!

SubFrog

I couldn't get the link to come up but....

I KNOW THIS STORY ALL TOO DAMN WELL!!!!!

In a rush for the airport...packed my stuff and forgot to put my new SS DD president in my carry on. When I got home and realized I didn't have it on me, I unzipped the travel kit...and voilà! ...GONE!

SCREW TSA

Luckily, it wasn't a 24k Rollie...but, it was my favorite Rep from Eddie Lee.

Member X

Does this seriously happen that regularly in the US? I've always understood UK customs and airport staff to be very well behaved, I don't think I can ever recall a newspaper story about it happening.

AustinTech
Does this seriously happen that regularly in the US? I've always understood UK customs and airport staff to be very well behaved, I don't think I can ever recall a newspaper story about it happening.

I don't think it is common at all. I've never heard of a watch getting stolen, but I bet this lady isn't the only one. I don't trust the other people in line even more than the TSA. I lock mine up anyway, HD style.

GC

I had my gen 14060, the one I received for my 18th, packed in my luggage when I moved from the Canary Islands to Las Vegas... Somewhere between Spain and Las Vegas the watch disappeared (i doubt of it's own accord). So yes this sort of stuff does happen all too often.

Sad thing is that watch can never be replaced, it held more sentimental value than anything else I ever owned.

narikaa

If your luggage has zips its called 'come steal me'

jmd33

Apparently all of us watch freaks should be working at TSA or Customs - we'd never have to order from Hont again - LOL

rc42

Oh great, this is just the thread I need to see before I fly to Papua New Guinea on Tuesday :angry:

Mind you, I'm actually more likely to be murdered than have my watch stolen :lol:

GC
If your luggage has zips its called 'come steal me'

Another fantastic TSA training video...

offshore
Oh great, this is just the thread I need to see before I fly to Papua New Guinea on Tuesday :angry:

Mind you, I'm actually more likely to be murdered than have my watch stolen :lol:

Exactly- murdered is seriously on the cards!.....but don't even think of wearing any valuable watch to PNG.

Buy a $5.00 special, and just give it up when the demand comes (Not if)

Nothing is unstealable up there!

Offshore

Member X

Sounds like a nice place... lol

narikaa

PNG

The antithesis to the pistol packing for self defence credo

a gun there will get you killed in a heartbeat (cos they want to steal the gun :rofl: )