Sign in to follow this  
Tressles61

Ceramic Bezel For Submariner

Tressles61

Anyone know where I can source a ceramic bezel for a submariner?

prestigewatchco

I have them $30+shipping

Tressles61
I have them $30+shipping

Can you post a pic?

Tressles61

Mary has them for $35 which includes shipping and a pic for inspection before sending if anyone is interested.

Rlyeh
I have them $30+shipping

Will it fit for non ceramic Josh SS sub?

Tressles61
I have them $30+shipping

Will it fit for non ceramic Josh SS sub?

Dunno yet. I'm going to order it, pop the insert out and fit it to my pvd'd yellow Bamford sub. At least that's how I see it going...

From what I have seen there are two things IMO that really make a sub look cheap and that's a bad bracelet with the adjustment holes in the side of the clasp and a cheap looking metal bezel. These ceramic bezels really enhance the look of the watch. You should look for a sub with the glidelock bracelet as well - they're heavier and buillt like the new gens.

Damnit - I always said I'd stay away from these stupid rolexes. Now I'm going to have to become an asshole to match the stigma that comes with the watch...!

fakemaster

Won't fit.

Tressles61
Won't fit.

You're right. About .050 too small using a scale. After 20+ years my Mitutoyo digital cals gave up. Why the big size difference between subs? I'm glad you commented because I was assuming the sizes were the same.

JoeyB
Won't fit.

You're right. About .050 too small using a scale. After 20+ years my Mitutoyo digital cals gave up. Why the big size difference between subs? I'm glad you commented because I was assuming the sizes were the same.

Try a bezel and insert swap.

fakemaster

The reason is because the ceramic uses the Supercase. Completely different bezel and crystal. The modification is not as easy as a bezel swap. I made a couple of custom old style PVD Seadwellers with a ceramic insert. It was a pain in the ass. Nice end result though. Here's the pic.

PVD%20Rolex%20Project%2050.JPG

Luthier

WOW!!!

Looks really great, FM!!!

Tressles61
The reason is because the ceramic uses the Supercase. Completely different bezel and crystal. The modification is not as easy as a bezel swap. I made a couple of custom old style PVD Seadwellers with a ceramic insert. It was a pain in the ass. Nice end result though. Here's the pic.

Thanks FM. I really like my PVD yellow dial submariner. I would like it much better with a ceramic bezel! What would be involved in converting it? Would this require a whole new build?

tissotman

thats looks really good