Sign in to follow this  
jjyoung909

Spotting a Rep Tag Heuer

jjyoung909

I looking to purchase a F1 Tag Heuer in the coming month but have noticed some serious differences in price between online and at jewelry stores. Online an F1 chrono seems to run about $800-900 American, and in stores they range from about $1200-1500 American. Are there certain items to look for when spotting watches not actually manufactured by TAG Heuer?

Thank You,

James Y.

fakemaster

High dollar luxury purchases should not be done online. With the exception of one or two well known gen retailers there is no guarantee of anything.

jmd33
High dollar luxury purchases should not be done online. With the exception of one or two well known gen retailers there is no guarantee of anything.

+1

I ran into the same thing with the gen Omegas. Even the legit online retailers were a little lower, but I went to AD. The difference in money saved just wasn't worth the potential warranty problems of buying a gray market watch.

Usually, if there is a few hundred dollar difference in the price then it is a gray market seller that cannot offer a factory warranty. So, they substitute their own warranty (take Authentic Watches for example) - and I have heard "stories" of headaches people have trying to get a nice watch fixed if there is a problem.

IMO it's just not worth the small savings (go rep, go big, or go home - lol).

Good luck with it all.

houndoggie

I've had good success with authenticwatches.com

They have... authentic watches. I've purchased a TAG Heuer Aquaracer and an Hamilton Chrono and both were perfect.

apoopoo999
I've had good success with authenticwatches.com

They have... authentic watches. I've purchased a TAG Heuer Aquaracer and an Hamilton Chrono and both were perfect.

I also bought a Breitling Datora from authenticwatches.com, If you are lucky and you get a perfect watch then its worth the big discount (paid $4000 compared to the $5000 retail if I bought it at a dealer)

TAGster

I would suggest to take a look on Amazon.com, I have purchased a couple of gen TAG Aquaracers there and no problem at all.

And, this take me to a question: what do you think are the chances of one AD (jewlery store) could sell you a rep instead of a gen??.

This came to my mind, because the other day I went to a jewlery in a mall near my home, I spent a little time there viewing watches and the salesman, a very nice and kind person, showed me some TAG Aquaracers: quartz, chronos, automatics with rubber and steel straps, and one toke my attention, the aquaracer chrono automatic with rubber strap, so I tried on, but the rubber strap had a buckle instead of a clasp, and I feel it kind of big and heavy.

Today I am wearing one of my aquaracers 500M model, which has rubber strap with clasp and I feel it lighter and thiner than the one I saw yesterday at the Jewelery.

By the way they had all the aquaracers on sale: 50% off, and the sales guy told me they will go on 60% on the weekend, but if I bought it at that moment he can give that 60% off right away (no need to wait until that weekend), conclusion: the watch final price was 1,300 usd tax included, which I see it´s a good deal for an automatic chrono watch.

Cheers!

boostin20

I'm about to be in bahrain in a couple weeks. I was thinking about looking at some AD's out there, but I don't know enough to instantly spot a rep from a gen unless it looks pretty bad. That might stop me from buying, but I really want to get something b/c the last time I was there prices were cheaper than the US and I could haggle prices. Anyone have any input on this?

Luthier
I'm about to be in bahrain in a couple weeks. I was thinking about looking at some AD's out there, but I don't know enough to instantly spot a rep from a gen unless it looks pretty bad. That might stop me from buying, but I really want to get something b/c the last time I was there prices were cheaper than the US and I could haggle prices. Anyone have any input on this?

Yes, just one.

Why to buy gens in the first place?

:)

Johnmarty

We had a AD shop here in Cardiff where the guy went to jail for selling reps as authentic.

I would suggest to take a look on Amazon.com, I have purchased a couple of gen TAG Aquaracers there and no problem at all.

And, this take me to a question: what do you think are the chances of one AD (jewlery store) could sell you a rep instead of a gen??.

This came to my mind, because the other day I went to a jewlery in a mall near my home, I spent a little time there viewing watches and the salesman, a very nice and kind person, showed me some TAG Aquaracers: quartz, chronos, automatics with rubber and steel straps, and one toke my attention, the aquaracer chrono automatic with rubber strap, so I tried on, but the rubber strap had a buckle instead of a clasp, and I feel it kind of big and heavy.

Today I am wearing one of my aquaracers 500M model, which has rubber strap with clasp and I feel it lighter and thiner than the one I saw yesterday at the Jewelery.

By the way they had all the aquaracers on sale: 50% off, and the sales guy told me they will go on 60% on the weekend, but if I bought it at that moment he can give that 60% off right away (no need to wait until that weekend), conclusion: the watch final price was 1,300 usd tax included, which I see it´s a good deal for an automatic chrono watch.

Cheers!

ReplicaFromDownunder

i've purchased a Tag Carrera from authenticwatches.com they are all genuine and I would highly recommended there website. price is great and fast postage to australia.