Sign in to follow this  
Tressles61

Sub From Stan

Tressles61

Sorry about the bad pics. I got this from Stan a couple of weeks ago. Buffed the bracelet and made it all look brushed. Ceramic bezel insert looks very rich. You can't see it very well in the pics but the rehaut engraving looks very good. Cyclops is properly aligned. Lume is the best I've seen on a rep. Serial # at 6 on rehaut and a very, very small Rolex logo is etched at 6 on the crystal. I think it's a pretty straight looking Sub and Stan should have put one of these in the Sub shootout over on WC. Here are the pics. Someday I WILL get a decent camera...

SANY0216.jpg

SANY0215.jpg

SANY0214.jpg

SANY0213.jpg

SANY0217.jpg

onzenuub

Would this be the best sub???? Congrats, nice watch.

AllergyDoc

:custardpie: The last photo is focused on the reflection of the lens in the crystal. I couldn't do that if I tried.

Your bezel is WAY better than the one I got from Stan. :angry: I should have shipped it back to him and made him send me a good one. Your watch looks great.

GC
:lol: The last photo is focused on the reflection of the lens in the crystal. I couldn't do that if I tried.

Your bezel is WAY better than the one I got from Stan. :angry: I should have shipped it back to him and made him send me a good one. Your watch looks great.

It's a totaly different watch than the one you got Doc...why? is anyones guess.

A real shame because I know he lost a good customer in you.

Tressles61
:lol: The last photo is focused on the reflection of the lens in the crystal. I couldn't do that if I tried.

It's a totaly different watch than the one you got Doc...why? is anyones guess.

A real shame because I know he lost a good customer in you.

Well maybe it was a different batch. I think I paid $130 for that one and it was advertised as his new sub. Let me see if I can go find the link... here it is:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=102708

AllergyDoc

Yup. That's the thread I bought mine off. Mine looked like this, though:

4401875554_b966f438f4_o.jpg

Maybe Stan doesn't like me. :lol:

Tressles61
Yup. That's the thread I bought mine off. Mine looked like this, though:

From what I can see that can be fixed. That middle link (Daytona) is polished right? Easily buffed to brushed with very fine wet sand paper or scotchbrite. I'm not certain but I think you could take a sewing needle and carefully (the ceramic can easily chip) touch up that "0" on the 30 then paint the etched portions of the bezel. From the pic it looks like the crystal needs to be popped out, squared and reset. I think it's a nice sub Doc so don't give up on it. What do you think?

AllergyDoc

Good ideas but it's long gone. I'm not sure I could have modded the bezel numbers evenly. Then I would have fixated on them and would have had to sell it anyway.

Tressles61
Good ideas but it's long gone. I'm not sure I could have modded the bezel numbers evenly. Then I would have fixated on them and would have had to sell it anyway.

Doc you'd be surprised at how close you can get something under a 3X mag lamp! I know what you mean though. I have a Pam113 that I'm waiting on a handset for because the original had a white seconds hand and I tried to paint it black. The paint saturated just a little piece of the tip of the lume. You can't really tell it's there without maginifaction but I know it's there and it bugs me... Damnit!

Thinking back... I probably should have waited till the seconds hand stopped moving before I painted it... :lol: