Help me decide...

Gold or SS Big Bang...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Gold with gold/black bracelet versus SS with SS/black bracelet

• Goldie
    • SS
    • Eyeworm

sconehead

Well I've been thinking of a Hublot for some time now and I've narrowed it down to these two, all thanks go to Luthier.

copyofbigbanggolddg0.jpg

w800.png

Big Bang gold CF Dial Ceramic RB/Gold Band - Asia 7750 21,600bph, or...

20081215135124977wj2.jpg

w520.png

Big Bang Black CF Dial Ceramic RB/SS Band - Asia 7750 21,600bph.

I am aware of the older A7750 pitfalls and am willing to take a chance.

My next consideration is finding the best price. Up to now the best I've been able to find from reliable dealers are $318 shipped for the SS and $380 shipped for the Gold (to date I've only found one who can get it.) Does anyone know where I can get either of them cheaper?

Although I've sourced one, I haven't been able to find the Gold version listed on a site yet to obtain a URL in order to take advantage of Mark's factory price promotion.

The other thing that's holding me back is the durability of the gold plating which in turn is swaying me towards the SS version.

Any suggestions, help or even critisism about my choices would be greatly appreciated as I'm no Hublot expert and have never owned a gold plated watch... :huh:

onzenuub

Would go for the Big Bang Black CF Dial Ceramic RB/SS Band - Asia 7750 21,600bph. Seen this: http://bbhaven.com/index.php?cPath=2 ?

alphakazi

I'd go for the SS - it won't fade like the gold will

where did you find these for that price?

AllergyDoc

Those bracelets are cool!

I'm sticking with my BBK so I have no idea where you might get those watches cheaper.

Edit to add: "Tony" still barters via PM. Get your best price somewhere else and then hit "him" up.

Edited by AllergyDoc

sconehead

Thanks for the info Doc and Onze. I've been pondering over Hublots for quite some time, but when I saw Luthiers pics, the bracelets made my mind up for me...

JohnG

I would get the SS. I like the look more and it won't fade...

The title of this thread reminds me of Jameo's thread on the worm he had in his eye - you guys remember that?

eye.jpg

onzenuub

You dirty son of a (censored)

sconehead

I'll have a shot of red eye too... Randolph Scott 1938...was that really Jameo???

onzenuub
I would get the SS. I like the look more and it won't fade...

The title of this thread reminds me of Jameo's thread on the worm he had in his eye - you guys remember that?

:groucho:

NFleischer

worm is gross, watch is nice

DSC00139.JPG

Edited by alphakazi
corrected image syntax

JohnG

So fix it.... not that hard....

DSC00139.JPG

JohnG

I couldn't find good brainworm pics guys...

alphakazi

eye.jpg

handsome lil devil isn't he

sconehead

But has he been repped? The eyeworm is currently neck and neck with the SS Big Bang...

Guest dave123

Hmm,that gold version is just damn awesome,hard to say no to that one.

The SS looks good as well,i think i will buy them both,why not. :lol:

sconehead

Long time no see Dave, hope you enjoyed your hols. It's the bracelets that did it for me. I gather by your reply that you've been 'visiting' again... and why not I say...how's the TTK thing going on over there, I haven't been over in a while, I hope it gets sorted for the customers...mind you as John said, most of them knew what they were getting into...it's a learning curve I guess... :lol:

Guest dave123

Visiting what,here?..i post daily pretty much,i can't find the pics you mention of luthiers,where are they?.

I dig that watch,have not seen any reviews of the bracelets though i heard they were coming a while back,did they just come out or they have been around a while?,wonder how good they are....

onzenuub
Visiting what,here?..i post daily pretty much,i can't find the pics you mention of luthiers,where are they?.

I dig that watch,have not seen any reviews of the bracelets though i heard they were coming a while back,did they just come out or they have been around a while?,wonder how good they are....

Use the searche buttin Dave and you will find :lol:

sconehead

Stealthy as a Zeppelin, I may be mistaken...The black part of the bracelet is ceramic on the gen but due to cost restraints our rep makers have deemed to use a different, high tech, material in an attempt to clone it...hard, black rubber. :lol: Personally, I think it has the desired effect, from the pics at least. :ninja:

By the way Dave and to those on the forum who don't visit RWI for whatever reason, I was recently put up for 'Rookie of the Year' over there. I was nearly beaten into last place by a girl and recieved 10% of the vote, don't get me wrong just to be mentioned was an honour. Does this mean I'm no longer a 'noob' now and can be welcomed into the 'bosom' nay 'manboobs' of this forum as well... :D

AllergyDoc
By the way Dave and to those on the forum who don't visit RWI for whatever reason, I was recently put up for 'Rookie of the Year' over there.

Fakemaster has been nominated for the RWI "Hall of Fame." :lol:

Guest dave123
By the way Dave and to those on the forum who don't visit RWI for whatever reason, I was recently put up for 'Rookie of the Year' over there.

Fakemaster has been nominated for the RWI "Hall of Fame." :lol:

:ninja:

Someone had mentioned some award he got there,i have not been by since after the Phil forum thing with John,it was back to being slow after that,i will swing by now and catch up on the last month there,should take me 10 minutes or so....

sconehead

Talk about pissing on my parade Doc... :D My mother always told me 'Self praise is no recommendation' :lol:

I only mentioned it to Dave to earn his respect in the pecking order of the rep communities...honest... :ninja: