Help me decide...

Gold or SS Big Bang...  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Gold with gold/black bracelet versus SS with SS/black bracelet

• Goldie
    • SS
    • Eyeworm

sconehead
By the way Dave and to those on the forum who don't visit RWI for whatever reason, I was recently put up for 'Rookie of the Year' over there.

Fakemaster has been nominated for the RWI "Hall of Fame." :lol:

:ninja:

Someone had mentioned some award he got there,i have not been by since after the Phil forum thing with John,it was back to being slow after that,i will swing by now and catch up on the last month there,should take me 10 minutes or so....

Good to have you back Dave... :D

Guest dave123

Didn't take long to see my name mentioned,first thread i have looked at has me in it.... :lol:

Guest dave123

Post subject: Re: POLL: Rookie of the Year Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:30 pm

V.I.P/Contributor

Posts: 826 What does the winner get? PDF's of Fakey's tutorials?

brtelec Post subject: Re: POLL: Rookie of the Year Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Moderator/V.I.P/Contributor

Location: Subsurface AllergyDoc wrote:What does the winner get? PDF's of Fakey's tutorials?

You wish!

No matter how much you think you love someone, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close.

-Chuck Palahniuk

:lol:

sconehead
Didn't take long to see my name mentioned,first thread i have looked at has me in it.... :finger:

What...'Guest'... :rofl:

Seriously Dave, take a chill pill, I like the 'anything goes' attitude here, just roll with the punches and become a master of quick wit and ready repartee...it's all in good fun... :D

Guest dave123

I did take my chill pill,no problem man,no issue here... :finger:

sconehead

Good to hear it Dave, I am quite at ease over here the way most people speak their minds without being guarded about recrimination, this is the middle ground for us both and the banter is good. Getting back on topic, I'm starting to lean towards the SS version as I'm not sure about rep plating...

Guest dave123

The rep plating on the HBB is very good,i had a couple,the rose gold is solid,i would not sweat it,its great and looks more genuine than the YG plating,thats for sure.

By the way,nice to see taka and cybee get the 'hall of fame' bit,they are good dudes over there.

sconehead

Yes, both of them seem to me to be really genuine , Brtelec's in the same mould as them, a true gent.

You've got me thinking again, just when I was swaying towards the SS. The trouble is I've got about 12 watches now but no goldies, I fancy a change but it'll be a hard watch to carry off, the gens are mega-expensive. Stainless maybe, but Gold...I think I'll sleep on it, maybe get the SS and if I like it get the gold as well...I've never been this torn about a rep watch before...

Guest dave123

Bruce is a very good guy,use to talk with him frequently.

Don't sweat the rose gold HBB,you are never going to run into anyone that has even heard of Hublot,let alone know how much they cost.

Once i get the word back from Josh on if this is junk or not,i will be making my move,the RG version will be the one for me,i don't wear these reps anymore as it is,i don't know why i keep bothering....can't help it.... :finger:

Luthier
Well I've been thinking of a Hublot for some time now and I've narrowed it down to these two, all thanks go to Luthier.

I am aware of the older A7750 pitfalls and am willing to take a chance.

My next consideration is finding the best price. Up to now the best I've been able to find from reliable dealers are $318 shipped for the SS and $380 shipped for the Gold (to date I've only found one who can get it.) Does anyone know where I can get either of them cheaper?

Although I've sourced one, I haven't been able to find the Gold version listed on a site yet to obtain a URL in order to take advantage of Mark's factory price promotion.

The other thing that's holding me back is the durability of the gold plating which in turn is swaying me towards the SS version.

Any suggestions, help or even critisism about my choices would be greatly appreciated as I'm no Hublot expert and have never owned a gold plated watch... :finger:

Hublot is a rare combination of sporty and dressy, in my opinion it's more dressy watch, so, I'd go for gold with gold/black bracelet.

Actually, I own gold Big Bang, and I'm extremely happy with it.

If you want BB with bracelet with price around $270- send email to Weyman, he has it. Yes, it's old A7750, but it's reliable, at least mine running for a year without any problems.

If you need link and email - PM me, I don't want to be accused of shilling again.

alphakazi
you are never going to run into anyone that has even heard of Hublot,let alone know how much they cost.
good point

but I'd go for the Stainless Steel unless you have money to blow on a new toy and don't care too much about it rubbing off eventually- could be 6mo. - could be 6 years though I highly doubt that long - I'm guessing the plating is 5mils thick based on the price

If you really like Hublot, chances are it'll get good wrist time and if you are concerned about how well you'll pass off a $25,000 watch, the stainless steel should be the better choice. I was never a big fan of the rosey gold look - some of the rep pics look almost like copper.

you had a good idea - you can get it as a second if you like how it wears.

good luck with your buy and enjoy but don't take it too serious, it'll probably come defective anyhow :finger:

JohnG

Red gold is going to be hard to combine with clothes...

greg_r

Yeah, they get awful heavy...

onzenuub

No, has nothing to do with the weight.

greg_r

I mean the clothes when combined.... oh nevermind :unsure:

onzenuub

I mean the clothes when combined.... oh nevermind :unsure:

You women..

sconehead

I reckon I could pull off this look...no problem...

se008ij9.jpg

onzenuub

You women

JohnG

I sent you an eye worm in the mail.

onzenuub
I sent you an eye worm in the mail.

Will return.

sconehead

Better than a little girl with ribbons like you Onze :unsure: ...

onzenuub

:D cheers mate

JohnG

:D cheers mate

cheers little girl!

sconehead

Oke... :unsure:

onzenuub

Cheers all :drunksing: