Sign in to follow this  
JLN

fake watch fake person... WTF??

JLN

I've been stewing over this since I read it on a watch repair site the other day. They went on to say that anyone who would buy a rep was just a show off and only wanted the attention of wearing a watch that would get them the same. They then made the assumption that the person would not reveal it was a rep if someone inquired about it and that pretending to be able to afford an expensive watch was juvenile at best. I make no secret of the fact that my watch is a rep if asked. My initial impression of the poster was that he must be a pretentious asshole to have such an opinion. He doesn't know me. I've never purchased a watch because I wanted somebody to notice it. Quite the contrary, I buy watches because I like the way they look not the way they make me look. I'm perfectly fine if no one notices my watch. It never occurred to me that there were people out there with opinions like the poster. Why would they read so much into someones purchase of a rep watch? I find it a bit baffling. I wondered why they would care... I actually feel very offended by this persons take on my or anyones personality just because of a rep watch purchase. There are so many other reasons for buying a rep. I kept thinking about it until I decided my first assumption was correct. The guy is pretentious asshole and guilty of having the same type personality that he vilified with his post... Still offends me...

dave1978

are you sure you are not pretending to be rich to get vagina?

Abagnale

really offended? i couldn't care less...

cheers

Flipper81

I wouldn't let it worry you. I own gens & reps and can honestly say I tell anyone who asks what they are. On gen forums people seem to get offended as they buy the gen and don't want people wearing a rep that looks like their gen and I quote them "if you can't afford it, don't buy a rip off". However it strikes me about their lack of knowledge of the watches they own and alot of people buy them to show off their wealth. I can honestly say I've learnt more about watches of rwg then any other gen sites.

gran

Maybe we like to deceive?? in that sense we are not genuine I must agree.

Abagnale

we should put us all on probation then...

justuwatch

I believe we are all here for love of the watches. It's not about brands or prestige, but just simple and pure love for the time pieces and the effort that goes into making them. We are not trying to be someone that were not. We all have the right to wear a nice watch, and I believe that some of the prices of these gens are outrageously expensive for what you get. To each its own, I respect gens and reps and both serve their purpose to the watch enthusiast. The most important thing is that you enjoy them and not care what some jerk's opinion is. ;] P.S: I think there just pissed because they over payed for their Gen, LOL!

JLN

are you sure you are not pretending to be rich to get vagina?

Hhmm... I hadn't thought of this... Okay maybe one time not to fess up... :lmao:

JLN

Thanks for the replies guys... Maybe I'm taking myself too seriously... time for a beer...

gran

we should put us all on probation then...

yes but Mehmet is the first in line...

ag69

Who gives a flying F what others think. The only thing that matters is you are with your gen or rep. If people criticize you for buying a rep, then ask the dipshit to fork over the cash so you can make them happy by buying the gen!!

dave1978

these are cracking watches, and no one would ever have the balls to ask am i wearing a replica, and seriously vagina would never notice the difference

subiim

You sound really offended. What are you going to do?

Cynikal.Mindset

musta been an ArchieLuxury post

arancini

If you're really offended at the thoughts of someone's (negative) opinion about Rep. watches and the people who wear them,then this game most likely is not for you.

Dendo

I believe we are all here for love of the watches. It's not about brands or prestige, but just simple and pure love for the time pieces and the effort that goes into making them. We are not trying to be someone that were not. We all have the right to wear a nice watch, and I believe that some of the prices of these gens are outrageously expensive for what you get. To each its own, I respect gens and reps and both serve their purpose to the watch enthusiast. The most important thing is that you enjoy them and not care what some jerk's opinion is. ;] P.S: I think there just pissed because they over payed for their Gen, LOL!

+1

gran

Its about brands or prestige for me

If not all my watches would be Longines and maybe an odd SEIKO or Hamilton..as I love watches

Skyfall-JamesBond_2377965b.jpg

Scompx1

I own both Gens and Reps and frankly I don't give a shit if it's real or not. Not everybody has the option to just go drop 2k+ on a watch, so this is a great alternative.

gran

but you care about the Brand(s)?...this is not PMWF?

great place PMWF:

http://www.pmwf.com/Phorum/index.php

Edited by gran

Realism

oooo... another one of these kinda of thread? :Yawn:

gran

oooo... another one of these kinda of thread? :Yawn:

3,115 posts???????????? in just over a year...well done Realism :chatty:

RUSH2112

Our reps look a lot like the gens so part of it is appreciating the style of the watch. Most of us buy automatic watches so we also appreciate watches for what they are; beautiful machines. The movements in our watches are sometimes the same movements in gens for smaller brands like Chris ward or xetum so the movements are legit. Unless I know you personally it isn't anyof your business if my watch is gen and I feel no responsibility to answer that question since it is actually rude IMO.

Olly

Tbh it really annoys me when someone looks at the watch I'm wearing and then suddenly they turn into a total prick !! They judge you on what you wear!! I have no time for people who judge like that. I've had some people say, " nice watch buddy". And I just reply "cheers mate" . Then that's it. End of. But then the other kind of people completely change when talking to you. Ahhh it really annoys me !! Anyone else agree ?

Olly

gran

The curse of ROLEX :paddy_gold:

onionbag

This very day a chappie who works in Tesco admired my timepiece........."that's a lovely watch......was it expensive?" he said.

My reply.........."FFS man, it's a 187 get your eyes tested.......Lovely?......Lovely?.......it's ugly as sin..........now where's your reduced 'cos they're out date groceries?"