Sign in to follow this  
JLN

fake watch fake person... WTF??

Realism

my gut says this be about onze......but I dont read before posting. makes me feel young.......

all about Onze now... that fucken' dutchie threadcrapper

Dr Yan

What is this NOT about ?

Dr Yan

I knewed it's not it about'd Onze !

RUSH2112
in my opinion, its only bogus to wear a rep if the watch doesn't match the rest of you... for example, it looks stupid as hell for a person to have on some beat up shoes, but wearing a $30,000 PAM..... some semi-raggedy clothes, but wearing a $50,000 Rolex...... no job/house/car, but has a $90,000 AP

The trick to wearing a rep is: buy something believable to those around you.... I NEVER get questioned because people know I have enough to buy a 10k-20k watch.... on top of that, I usually stick with two watches max.... when ever I do switch up, I say I sold my old watch and used that money for my new one; or I traded someone for it. (both of which are true)

I would rather spend my money on vacations and my man cave, than shelling out thousands for a watch that gets the same 'wow effect' as my $400 versions.... bottom line, its about the individuals' swag, not the watch.... spend your money to make YOURSELF happy, cuz its damn near impossible to make others happy about how you spend it

Judging people is silly. Plenty of people with money in places like New York have no car. It's very acceptable to dress casually today. It would be silly to assume that, since I'm wearing shorts, a t shirt, boat shoes/chuck Taylors, that I can't afford a nice watch. Plus, who is really going around judging people and making these assumptions?

Dr Yan

Yeah....check out this no-hoper.....

3c478d7815fbd519830b2c2f839bf90b_zps09e9c608.jpg

Realism

Yeah....check out this no-hoper.....

3c478d7815fbd519830b2c2f839bf90b_zps09e9c608.jpg

what a BUM with too much money and a hot number something wife

nyckid

I ride the train every day to work, and I can't count the amount of APs, Rollies, Pam and whatnot have I seen riding the train next to me (of course, someone is wearing said watches, is not like they're riding the train on their own. Like Rush said, New Yorkers see cars like a headache and prefer to ride the train to wall street or McDonald's for that matter.

To paraphrase what Rush is trying to say: "it is really stupid, if not ignorant going around judging people by appearance"

spboudart

If I had to lie about the watch I'm wearing, it would most likely be when I'm wearing my Gen Pam and telling others it's a rep....

Ps: I live in France, the last real communist country in the world, and having a nice house, a nice car or a nice watch is not correct.

Mazz

I don't think that's what he was saying at all

I ride the train every day to work, and I can't count the amount of APs, Rollies, Pam and whatnot have I seen riding the train next to me (of course, someone is wearing said watches, is not like they're riding the train on their own. Like Rush said, New Yorkers see cars like a headache and prefer to ride the train to wall street or McDonald's for that matter.

To paraphrase what Rush is trying to say: "it is really stupid, if not ignorant going around judging people by appearance"

I don't think that's what he was trying to say at all

videokill

I wouldn't let it worry you. I own gens & reps and can honestly say I tell anyone who asks what they are. On gen forums people seem to get offended as they buy the gen and don't want people wearing a rep that looks like their gen and I quote them "if you can't afford it, don't buy a rip off". However it strikes me about their lack of knowledge of the watches they own and alot of people buy them to show off their wealth. I can honestly say I've learnt more about watches of rwg then any other gen sites.

true that! I learnt more about watches here.. give them a break anyways.. sometimes, that's all they have to prove their worth.. gen watches :D

BaggyPants

I know wealthy blokes who dress like tramps, drive beat up Landrover Discoveries and wear £20,000 Breitlings. I know other wealthy blokes who wear expensive suits, drive a Bentley and have a quartz Rotary on their wrist. I know one bloke who mixes and matches all those looks depending on how the feeling takes him. You'd never think he was a multi-millionaire, but he owns one of only half a dozen WWII Panther tanks in private hands the world over, amongst a multitude of other nice stuff. The watch and clothes you wear, or the car you drive, say fuck all about how wealthy you are. They say what you are comfortable in.

Aren

how the fuck did i miss this thread ... the insults flying, Baldrick on his game ....... Good times !! :thumbsup:

Back to the topic ..... It's complex for me and i guess there are a myriad of reasons for me collecting fake watches ... a large part would be that i love the designs and have always derived pleasure from looking at the watch on my wrist, I like to build a collection of the best i can whether it be fake watches or something else ... if they were poor quality canal street types i wouldn't bother but in my mind the quality of the watches available are worthwhile collecting to me.

I love to get a new watch and evaluate it and compare it to others - sometimes i was never going to keep it - i just wanted to see what the quality was like and how it sat on the wrist. ,

I love the search and i love the wait, i love the difference a strap makes..

I'm also fascinated by how the rep industry works and how the game is being upped ... even though people moan about piffling details there are some serious pieces being made in answer to demand on the forums.... for all the pissing on moaning the AP 57th street is an amazing watch in the flesh !!

I've had some nice gens and i still have some but buying gens was never as much fun as the rep game and i love the forum and its characters.

I'd also be lying if i said i didn't buy into the brand ... I DO, even though i know i'm overpaying ( in most cases ) for the privilege.

Sometimes i wear my gens but mostly i wear my reps and usually if i'm asked i tell the truth ......... but very occasionally, if i feel like it, i lie through my fucking teeth :D

So for me it's about many things, the brands, the designs, the fact that the reproductions are good, the collecting, the evaluating, the forum, the fun and probably much more subconsciously.

Am i a fake person ?? no more than most of the guys who spend 10 x more than me on an item that looks the same ( albeit of better quality ) to project an image - the price is irrelevant ... you still bought a status badge.

Face it, the world today is powered by smoke, mirrors and deception.

OMG Baxter....after all this time...

I had the impression your vocabulary consisted of one word :rofl:

Guess I need to get out of TFYT more often.... :morebeer:

gran

brad-pitt-patek-philippe-nautilus-watch.jpg

actors pretend too?

805202d1346218282-tracking-celebrities-what-watches-they-wearing-lets-keep-going-brad-pitt-patek-philippe-nautilus-ref57111a.jpg

Edited by gran

James.

Its called "acting" for a reason :lol:

onzenuub
:rofl:

jeffw69

what's so funny?

Realism

what's so funny?

you knew Onze

ics1821

Theres alot of those jokers on trf too the mere mention of a replica is blashemy and heaven forbid you do some mod to a gen your a real donkey then.. These people have to learn that having money doesnt make you a better person and what someone else does is their own perrogative..

Realism

Theres alot of those jokers on trf too the mere mention of a replica is blashemy and heaven forbid you do some mod to a gen your a real donkey then.. These people have to learn that having money doesnt make you a better person and what someone else does is their own perrogative..

ooooooooo

solkryssare

Here's some advice on sex and travel.....fuck off :johng:

Haven't read the whole thread but that right there is one of the funniest comments I've ever read on this forum!

:lmao2:

kingkaiser

BTW Kingkaiser....joined 24 November '08 and only 6 posts and still newbie status.......hmmm ?

Too many rep forums, too little time. Although the attention rwg1 pays to boobs is certainly making me want to hang out here more often!

onzenuub

BTW Kingkaiser....joined 24 November '08 and only 6 posts and still newbie status.......hmmm ?

Too many rep forums, too little time. Although the attention rwg1 pays to boobs is certainly making me want to hang out here more often!

Boobs? Where?

Realism

Boobs? Where?

u have em

onzenuub

Boobs? Where?

u have em

Nope,

Realism

Boobs? Where?

u have em

Nope,

fake boobs?