andyjb83

Best rep watch... TC's famous sub?

andyjb83

Hi All,

I've only been posting here for a few days but been on the forum reading up on everything for a week or so now.

Would love to hear members' views on which are their favourite rep watches, any pics, and where they got them. I appreciate that there is no such things as a 1:1 rep watch (yes, I have read the numerous posts on 1:1 etc) but it seems some can come damn close.

From reading TC's blog it would seem that his sub, if you then also buy a gen bezel from TRF, is basically as good as you can get (and will also cost you 1/5th of a used gen sub)! All TD's Patek Nautilus' seem pretty good too. Any other reps members can opine on as being "as close as you can get"?

Also, the TDs seem to carry similar stock and I've read mention of "the cartel" amongst threads - should I just assume that quality doesn't at all differ from TD to TD? ie. if the description is the same from piece to piece amongst TDs - it's just the same watch, being built in the same factory, sent by a different dealer?

Cheers,

Andy.

SB56667

Welcome!

:popcorn:

andyjb83

Welcome!

:popcorn:

Thanks man. Best rep watch you have, any views on TC's sub/ my TD synopsis?

solkryssare

The TC Sub is the best Sub there is. If its worth the extra cost is up to you to decide. I like mine :)

kromp

Search "super reps April 2013" Samej has posted a very good list of.... super reps.

mostling
ie. if the description is the same from piece to piece amongst TDs - it's just the same watch, being built in the same factory, sent by a different dealer?

This.

andyjb83

This.

Thankyou for the clarification.

andyjb83

The TC Sub is the best Sub there is. If its worth the extra cost is up to you to decide. I like mine :)

Thankyou. I'll await my Trusty Time Milsub to see how much wear I get out of it before jumping on the TC Sub. Never loved Rolex before... but never realised there were such good quality reps out there before joining here! TC's sub looks superb - glad you like yours!

Search "super reps April 2013" Samej has posted a very good list of.... super reps.

Legend. Will jump over there for a read now.

SSTEEL

The TC Sub is the best available as already mentioned Thomas Caddell has worked hard on producing the perfect sub, and as a result has come a long way from the start of his quest. Now, whilst not entirely perfect, its does have some tells, but these are getting fewer and fewer with each forward moving version. That said, its still stunning, and TC has a good eye, and is known as a perfectionist.

Odyseus
The TC Sub is the best available as already mentioned Thomas Caddell has worked hard on producing the perfect sub, and as a result has come a long way from the start of his quest. Now, whilst not entirely perfect, its does have some tells, but these are getting fewer and fewer with each forward moving version. That said, its still stunning, and TC has a good eye, and is known as a perfectionist.

+1000. What Mickey said ;)

andyjb83

+1000. What Mickey said ;)

Thanks gents - he certainly sounds like one. Great blog he has and many satisfied RWG members.

Bwana82

Do any of TC Subs have the laser etched Rehaut? Im a noob and apologize if its a dumb question....

mech500
Do any of TC Subs have the laser etched Rehaut? Im a noob and apologize if its a dumb question....

His latest offerings do not have engraved rehaut. They're correct for a model 16610 (pre-2007 ish).

Older TC cases had engraved rehauts but the engraving is a "tell"

TC doesn't sell modern ceramic submariners (model 116610) - which all have engraved rehauts.

Bwana82

Thank You Mech500