Sign in to follow this  
tttgroup

Panerai Replica Automatic Movement caliber 9000 Basic Faults

tttgroup

I bought a Pam 505 from Kuvarsit absolutely fantastic watch .... but looking at the details on the movement found out two major faults

the words are printed in reversed on the movement and is in the wrong order when you look at the real movement from Panerai 9000

The position on the main frame of the movement is also wrong sided..

What a major mistake and unfortunate for this movement as any body can see the faults.

the movement on the other hand is wonderful in working and i have so fay great results..only if they can repair the printing and positioning mistake on the movement the watch is close to being perfect.

Also another note this movement is used in many watches all over and all of them have the same fault as up to my limited search...

dunkster

picture please

Wriggles

A fault would infer something failing on the watch which is what I thought would be in this thread. What you describe is a flaw and I think by what you describe has already been highlighted by ALE and others about this movement. Good to know though

James.

Hence the nickname for the watches "replica" ;)

Arj

side by side pics will be helpful

jeffw69

:rofl: seriously, were you actually expecting 1:1 AAA+++?

gran

I bought a Pam 505 from Kuvarsit absolutely fantastic watch .... but looking at the details on the movement found out two major faults

the words are printed in reversed on the movement and is in the wrong order when you look at the real movement from Panerai 9000

The position on the main frame of the movement is also wrong sided..

What a major mistake and unfortunate for this movement as any body can see the faults.

the movement on the other hand is wonderful in working and i have so fay great results..only if they can repair the printing and positioning mistake on the movement the watch is close to being perfect.

Also another note this movement is used in many watches all over and all of them have the same fault as up to my limited search...

Yes this is a shame that the movement is not better replicated. I think one version is slightly better. Until they fix this and more I will not buy one.

gran

but they are not replicas....they are simply approximations...homage, fanasties or in worst cases just fake ;)

replicas is a poor term

Dr Yan
:ttiwwop:

mysterio

but they are not replicas....they are simply approximations...homage, fanasties or in worst cases just fake ;)

replicas is a poor term

So we should change the forum to Approximations Watch Guide now? :lol:

gran

replicas is a poor term

So we should change the forum to Approximations Watch Guide now? :lol:

About time.... Watch Approximations Guide it is

mysterio

But RWG sounds much nicer than WAG. :lol:

gran

d

But RWG sounds much nicer than WAG. :lol:

Dont you like WAGs?

ALE7575

A fault would infer something failing on the watch which is what I thought would be in this thread. What you describe is a flaw and I think by what you describe has already been highlighted by ALE and others about this movement. Good to know though

OMG!

Another time the same!

These decorated movments are not REAL CLONES o a PAM P.9000, they are just Asian A7750 movemets decorated with nice bridges similar to P.9000 ones.

But A7750 has a layout completely inverted in comparison with P.9000 and even has the balance wheel @11 instead of @7 like P.9000 (this is the most noticeable difference)

When you try to engrave the inscriptions in a inverted movement, you realize immediately that it is completely impossible to do it in an accurate way, because the base is inverted. You need either to change the direction of the lettering or to invert the lettering.

There are two types of decorated movements:

1- Puretime version

2- KW version

Each version has chosen different solutions for each inscription. Even Puretime at the beginning put MADE SWISS instead of SWISS MADE (nowadays already corrected to SWISS MADE).

Below you can see the comparisons pics of each version:

P9000MOVEMENTGEN-REPPURETIMEC-ESCAPWHEEL_zps1b746300.jpg

PURETIME VERSION with A7750

PAM312-MOVEMENT-defi_zpscd728f47.jpg

KW VERSION with A7750

Nowadys in some watches like PAm 505 and 388 Kw is using a Seagull movement ST 2555 which is also inverted but has the balance wheel @6 that is closer to @7 of the gen.

See below pic of this new version

P9000decoratedKWSeagull_zps38ade158.jpg

KW VERSION with ST2555

Therefore since all base movements to be decorated to match a P.9000 have inverted layout it is completely impossible to engrave the inscriptions in the same position and direction as gen ones.

I hope all is clear now.

ALE

Edited by ALE7575

LightGeek

Thanks (AGAIN) for that ALE :) Some folks don't get deterred easily by things like impossible and reality.

ramirr

Rep is rep, thanks ale. We should understand as rep collectors all of these faults. It's as close as gens, don't bug.

gran

Even using the new Miyota Calibre 9100 would not make this better? beacuse of seconds at 9

photo_img_06.jpg