Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Why didn't I review this? Seiko snzh57

greg_r

I seem to have missed posting a review of what has become one of my favourite watches.

Back in February, I bought my first Seiko - an snzh57. I'd originally bought it intending to do the FFF mod with it, but frankly I like the watch as it is so much, I've decided not to bother (I may buy another one to mod in due course).

It's 42mm and came on a bracelet, but I've been tending to swap that out with a BradyStraps sailcloth, on which it looks a million dollars. What I SHOULD do is buy another one so that I have both options available without having to fiddle with it.

It's powered by Seiko's ever-reliable auto movement, and whilst it doesn't support hand winding, even a deskjockey like me can keep it running all day without any problems.

The watch wears a little bigger than a sub - especially on the bracelet, but is by no means a big watch. It works equally well as a dress watch or for casual wear and is one of the few that I will happily wear with a suit or jeans/leather jacket.

Honestly, it's one of the prettiest watches I own and is largely responsible for my current Seiko addiction. The SS version is likely to feature in my near future and I'll probably do the FFF mod to that one.

Meantime here's some pics on both bracelet and sailcloth:

seikosnzh57-280213.JPG

seikosnzh57_130813.JPG

snzh_brady_1.JPG

snzh57-bracelet-310713.JPG

Pharmo

Nice pictures there mate! This particular model has grown on me over the last few months...now ver tempted to order this one instead of black monster ( already have orange monster)

Btw you really never owned a seiko before this one in feb? Wow i am shocked ;)

greg_r

Nice pictures there mate! This particular model has grown on me over the last few months...now ver tempted to order this one instead of black monster ( already have orange monster)

Btw you really never owned a seiko before this one in feb? Wow i am shocked ;)

Nope - it was my first, although my wife owns a basic Seiko 5

NCRich

Ahem,

IMG_04331_zps759f2c74.jpg

Pharmo

open-mouth-surprised-smiley-emoticon.png

I have never really been a fan of gold on watches, but this one seems to pull it of. Hmm....

KarmaToBurn

Very very nice! I may get one of those soon.

I have become a Seiko fan myself and now have 4 that I wear regularly. All of them are great :D

Orange Monster

_MG_0957.jpg

SKX009

_MG_0965.jpg

SBCA001

IMAG0563_1.jpg

Chrono (I forget the model number)

SeikoChrono-2.jpg

If you have a large wrist the SNKF models (46mm) look amazing and are under $200!

5302339623_c2042225b4_b.jpg

Pihlippe

Indeed a pretty watch, but you need a FFF too. :D

conx

Mine says Hi!

P1020781_zps6cb9582d.jpg

Fully agree with the review. I bought this to do the FFF mod as well, but couldn't bring myself to pull it apart.

It's a great watch.

<RJ>

Damn! Nice watch!

I need to look this one up.

NFleischer

Very nice Greg, I have the same one in blue.cf2cfb6b-4ee1-4f25-8be6-2f1967b64b6f_zpsf3924775.jpg

BTW- Joma is having a special sale now for Seiko, also- Graham, Omega etc. For example; Black Monster on SS Bracelet = $187.

Del

This one is on my list! :lol:

Very nice it is.......:yoda:

Timbohire

Excellent watches what more would you want?

Pharmo
Very nice Greg, I have the same one in blue.cf2cfb6b-4ee1-4f25-8be6-2f1967b64b6f_zpsf3924775.jpg

BTW- Joma is having a special sale now for Seiko, also- Graham, Omega etc. For example; Black Monster on SS Bracelet = $187.

Thanks mate for posting this...i needed a blue watch in my collection. Just ordered this for £80 fom amazon. What a bargain!

nev848

Totally agree Greg. Received mine 2 weeks ago and it has never been off my wrist. Paid £120 and what a bargain.

Just about to order the bits from Yobokies to turn in to an FFF.

Sakurai

Thanks mate for posting this...i needed a blue watch in my collection. Just ordered this for £80 fom amazon. What a bargain!

Haha, I'm close to doing the same after being reminded by this thread what nice watches these are!

You see it for £80 on Amazon UK Pharmo? £100 for me, not fair!

Oh, and Greg - it has got to have 22mm lug width right? The Amazon description says 20, wouldn't want to get the wrong width straps...

Pharmo

Yep its £100 but if you sign upto fasion/clothes newsletter you will get 20% off mate!!

Sakurai
Yep its £100 but if you sign upto fasion/clothes newsletter you will get 20% off mate!!

Ah, cool - I'll look into that, thanks a lot mate!

nev848

Here's mine. Live action shot as the date is just about to turn.

6d17f5b755643ed078ff8e1806fff3d9_zpsee4414f6.jpg

Sakurai

Very nice in black too!

Lug width is 22mm right?

Tits McGee

Please be careful people. The Seiko addiction can be very much like Pam's. Once you stick your foot in the water....you might just take a swim!

Beautiful Greg.

greg_r

Very nice in black too!

Lug width is 22mm right?

Yep.

mysterio

If you have a large wrist the SNKF models (46mm) look amazing and are under $200!

Hmm, I like the white dialed one. Where can I get one?

Hazz

looks stunning Greg, think you may have just cost me more money , on the lookout for one.

nev848
looks stunning Greg, think you may have just cost me more money , on the lookout for one.

Amazon was the cheapest I could find buddy.

Cyril_Clunge

Try creation watches too