Sign in to follow this  
twizynorthwood

Just got my Kemmner Octopus GMT!

twizynorthwood

I don't know if any of you guys have been paying attention to watchmaker Roland Kemmner from Germany. Just taken delivery of his latest limited to 100 pieces diving GMT watch. This is a very high quality watch rates to 2000 metres and has a very substantial feel to it. There may be a few remaining as it has only just been launched a couple of weeks back.

Stainless-steel case 316 L, fully brushed, diameter without crown = 45 mm, height = 17 mm, lug to lug length = 53,2 mm, scrwed crown with LOGO = 8mm, screwed case-back 3,8 mm thick with 2 Viton-gaskets stamped with octopus picture, engraving with jumping numbers, only left hand side turnable bezel with 120 clicks, alu-insert filled with Superluminova C1 white, antimagnetic cover, automatic helium-valve at 9 o’clock side, 4 mm sapphire-glass both sides antireflect, waterresistant 2000 metres, weight including bracelet around 268 Gramm.

Matte-black dial with hour-markes printed in Superluminova C1 white, white framed hands filled with SL C1 white, the GMT hand is in orange color, date at 6 h (the minute hand is possible in orange too, please make a note, if you order).

The „octopus-GMT has an automatic movement ETA 2893-2 elaboré swiss, 25,6 x 4,1 mm, 21 jewels, 28.800 A/H und 42 hours runtime after full winding.

Fitting 22 mm stainless-steel bracelet with screwed links (also 2 half links) to shorten easy. The security clasp has a diver’s extension and engraved LOGO.

We produced 100 pcs. of this watch. The „octopus-GMT“ comes with 2 pcs. screwdrivers and an extra rubber-strap in a PU-box. The price is 660,00 Euro + 9,00 Euro shipping costs. You can order now.

b235917ef40e0abd654306daf2506631_zpsed1297f9.jpg

c774322c27636a760a4960e8c7ca8272_zps1c000cc0.jpg

ec772eec5ba92897a5f33282c92f42b1_zps1a403434.jpg

Let me know what you think.

NFleischer

Looks nice, sterile dial is attractive. A bit heavy for my tastes, I dont like watches that weigh 1/2 pound!

So it's about $1000?

TheInthusiest

Thats really cool mate! Great buy. You are bound to make some muscles with that thing on your wrist. :P

twizynorthwood

Looks nice, sterile dial is attractive. A bit heavy for my tastes, I dont like watches that weigh 1/2 pound!

So it's about $1000?

Yep about $1000 maybe less $850 or so which is good value. I think Kemmner provides good value. The watch is based on the original Octopus of 2012 which was a sell out and widely acclaimed.

Thats really cool mate! Great buy. You are bound to make some muscles with that thing on your wrist. :P

Maybe I will start by just lifting it in and out of its case and work my way up to actually putting it on my wrist.. ))

James.

Am I missing something or is there no GMT hand on this GMT watch?

TheSav
Am I missing something or is there no GMT hand on this GMT watch?

The gmt hand is a short red hand being hidden by one of the others.

JohnPilot

Roland Kemmner is a great guy to deal with. I have 2 watches and a lot of parts from him. He never lets you down if there are problems.