Sign in to follow this  
kloshar

Fake Watches and Customs Examination

kloshar

How many times did it happen to you that you didn't get your watch because customs held it and distroyed it? What can a man do in that case (probably nothing)?

This question is primary touching the ones from EU, that ordered from China. I was talking to some people and they are pretty sure that I will never see the watch I ordered from China, because customs are going to distroy it. That fact made me really sad. I was so happy to get my first replica, I made a lot efford to find it and to make everything right, but now I will probably never see it. :yoda: :P :(

Is it even possible that a replica watch passes a customs examination?

thank you, regards!

dingle
How many times did it happen to you that you didn't get your watch because customs held it and distroyed it? What can a man do in that case (probably nothing)?

This question is primary touching the ones from EU, that ordered from China. I was talking to some people and they are pretty sure that I will never see the watch I ordered from China, because customs are going to distroy it. That fact made me really sad. I was so happy to get my first replica, I made a lot efford to find it and to make everything right, but now I will probably never see it. :yoda: :P :(

thank you, regards!

In the US , once it is confiscated, it is destroyed. I know from personal experience. :(

Are you sure yours was confiscated? What did tracking say?

If you are in EU, I suggest ordering from Precious Time or Narikaa, as they ship within the EU and there are no customs issues.

houndoggie

thank you, regards!

In the US , once it is confiscated, it is destroyed. I know from personal experience. :(

Are you sure yours was confiscated? What did tracking say?

If you are in EU, I suggest ordering from Precious Time or Narikaa, as they ship within the EU and there are no customs issues.

Never had one seized, knock on wood.

Most dealers have a policy for replacement in case of customs seizure.

Wiz

They are in the UK, outside the Schengen area, so it doesn't make much of a difference if it's shipped from UK or China.

Edited by wiz

kloshar

They are in the UK, outside the Schengen area, so it doesn't make much of a difference if it's shipped from UK or China.

As far as I know UK and EU have free pass so there is no customs examination when shipping from UK.

dingleberry,

I'm not sure yet, it has only been 2 days since they shipped it. I just tell what people have told me. So I'm rather sad in advance than being enthusiastic and then discover the bad news. :P

As people told me, no problems are, if there is a CE sticker on a packet. I'm sceptical if dilers put these stickers on. :yoda:

I was so angry when I heard this, I could go to the customs man and kicked his ass. :( :(

onzenuub

As far as I know UK and EU have free pass so there is no customs examination when shipping from UK.

dingleberry,

I'm not sure yet, it has only been 2 days since they shipped it. I just tell what people have told me. So I'm rather sad in advance than being enthusiastic and then discover the bad news. :P

As people told me, no problems are, if there is a CE sticker on a packet. I'm sceptical if dilers put these stickers on. :yoda:

I was so angry when I heard this, I could go to the customs man and kicked his ass. :( :(

Schengen has nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing to do with it. The EU act of 1986 rules a free traffic of goods between EU countries. UK is withinh EU, so almost no customs controls.

houndoggie

dingleberry,

Got to sit back and relax in this hobby. Even if your watch gets seized, don't get angry... you knew that was part of the risk of ordering a fake watch, right???

Patience....

Silverspeed

The Schengen agreement is about people being able to travel freely within the participating countries of the agreement and has nothing to do with customs checking parcels. In most EU countries packages

coming from China have the undivided attention of customs officers...especially those sent with courier services like TNT, DHL, FedEx etc...., even packages sent with normal registered airmail from China have a higher change of being checked for content.

Since the UK is part of the European Union, packages sent within the EU are much less checked and opened to check the content. So it makes a huge difference actually :yoda:

kloshar

What about this one ... If you got your watch, have you ever had to pay any additional taxes? I see everything above 22€ is taxed. :/

houndoggie
What about this one ... If you got your watch, have you ever had to pay any additional taxes? I see everything above 22€ is taxed. :/

Just make sure you have a good lawyer.

:yoda:

onzenuub

Dutch customs says this:

Counterfeit products

It is forbidden to bring and import counterfeit products into the Netherlands. Customs will confiscate these products and you will have to pay a penalty.

Branded products are counterfeit to benefit from success of this branded product (intellectual property fraud).

The following products are often subject to counterfeiting:

•shoes

•clothing

•bags

•expensive watches

•illegally copied CD's and DVD’s

•perfume

Please note!

If traders abroad offer you what is known as branded products for extremely low prices, you may assume in nearly all cases that you are dealing with an illicit trade or counterfeit items.

Exception

It is forbidden to bring in and import counterfeit products. However you are allowed to bring in personally a very small quantity of counterfeit goods intended for personal use. The table below lists types of counterfeit products and quantities allowed to be brought in (according to the directives of the Public Prosecutions Service) If Customs finds more goods per defined category in your baggage than the quantity listed in the table below, Customs will confiscate all goods of the defined category. You will also have to pay a penalty.

Table: Despite prohibition you are allowed to bring in the following counterfeit products

Type of counterfeit product Maximum quantity Remarks

Watches 3 articles

Perfume/Eau de toilette 250 ml

Video and audio media with the exception of master(s) 3 pieces / media

Distinct titles

A DVD containing 3 distinct films counts as 3 media

Software and games None

Other goods (such as clothing and toys) 3 articles/pairs

Please note!

This exception only applies if you bring in these goods yourself as a traveller. If counterfeit goods enter the Netherlands by post or courier the counterfeit goods will be confiscated and you may be prosecuted.

Moreover, bringing the (counterfeit) goods into the Netherlands should in itself be permitted. A private person is not permitted e.g. to bring fake firearms into the Netherlands. See for more information the government website www.vet-nep.nl (in Dutch).

Further information about counterfeit products

If you need more detailed information regarding goods that you are allowed to bring in please, call Customs Information Line.

Stichting BREIN (www.anti-piracy.nl) informs the public on intellectual property fraud of music, film, video and interactive software. Stichting BREIN fights intellectual property fraud.

Violation is punishable

Customs and other investigation services will check whether you have complied with these rules. If you don not comply with these rules you will be liable to punishment and can be prosecuted.

See for more information on counterfeit goods the VGEM guide (only available in Dutch).

Silverspeed

:P

Or just pay...nothing to be done about paying tax.... :yoda:

KBH

You're getting a little over anxious, my friend. no reason to be sad yet. :yoda:

With the exception of a couple of countries you have a 95% or better chance of receiving your watch. Customs in most countries only check a very small percentage of packages. Many of our trusted dealers will reship another watch if yours gets confiscated.

onzenuub

You wil be send to prison for the next 150 years, after that you wil be shot. Next they wil burn and hang you. That's all.

TAGster

You wil be send to prison for the next 150 years, after that you wil be shot. Next they wil burn and hang you. That's all.

I think you´ve forget the solitary confinement and incommunicado part.

onzenuub

I think you´ve forget the solitary confinement and incommunicado part.

Yes that too and no sesamy street.

kloshar

Listen, I study law, someday I will be a well respected lawyer so nothing like this can happen to me. :P :( :( :D

Thank you for your answers, you calmed me down. :yoda:

Wiz

dingleberry,

Schengen has nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing to do with it. The EU act of 1986 rules a free traffic of goods between EU countries. UK is withinh EU, so almost no customs controls.

The Schengen Agreement overruled the 1986 act. Nowadays, customs issues between UK and the Schengen Area are under the European Customs Union, and it's only a tax union.

Edited by wiz

onzenuub

Within the European Union

The import and export of goods is governed by rules. For all the countries of the European Union (EU) (Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, and the Czech Republic) free traffic of goods is possible in principle. The following rules apply:

•No declaration of goods is necessary, provided that the maximum amount permitted has not been exceeded.

•If the maximum amount permitted is exceeded, it must be proved that the excess is destined for personal use.

•If it cannot be proved that the excess is for personal use, tax must be paid for these goods.

The maximum allowances that you can carry tax-free are:

•110 litres of beer,90 litres of wine, 20 litres of fortified wine, 10 litres of strong drink (spirits)

•800 cigarettes, 400 cigars and 1 kilo of tobacco.

Different rules for particular areas

In some areas such as the Canary Islands and the Channel Islands, the same quantity of merchandise may be imported/exported as in the countries outside the EU. The islands belong to the customs area of the EU, but do not take part in the BTW (Value Added Tax) and excise (duty) areas of the EU.

Similarly, other rules apply if you buy tobacco products in the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia or Slovenia and then travel on to, or via Denmark, Finland, Germany, Sweden, England or Austria. In such a case you are allowed to import only 200 cigarettes tax-free.

For journeys from Estonia, there is also a limitation on loose tobacco (tax-free 250 g). Likewise on leaving the Czech Republic, the tax-free limit for the number of cigars is 10, for cigarillos 20 and for loose tobacco 250 g.

Outside the European Union

If you travel from the Netherlands to a country outside the EU or vice versa and you take goods with you, then it is possible that you will have to pay customs and excise duties and BTW. The amount and value of the goods is the important factor here.

The maximum allowed quantities of tax-free articles are (for 17-year-olds and above):

•200 cigarettes or 250 g of tobacco or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars

•1 litre of a strong drink (spirits) or 2 litres of sparkling wine or fortified wine

•2 litres of non-sparkling wine

•50 g perfume and 0.25 litres of eau de toilette

•500 g of coffee or 200 g of coffee extract or coffee essence

•100 g of tea or 40 g of tea extract or essences

If you take more than these amounts then you must pay tax (import duties, excise and BTW).

For all other (imported) goods a maximum total value of € 175,- per person applies. If this maximum value is exceeded, then on return to the Netherlands, customs duties and BTW will have to be paid on the excess amount.

TIPS

•Do not be taken in by special offers where expensive branded articles (watches, clothing, perfumes etc.) are offered at very low prices. These are most likely to be imitations. The same applies for remarkably cheap CDs, videotapes and software. These could be illegal copies.

•If in doubt, do not purchase animals or plants (including products originating from them), even if they are being sold in 'reputable' surroundings, such as a hotel lobby. Often the seller informs the customer that there are no import and export restrictions, which is not the case.

•Prevent the spreading of animal diseases such as foot and mouth. Take no animal products with you on your travels and avoid contact with cattle, pigs, sheep and goats as much as possible.

•Have your pet vaccinated between a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 1 year before the start of your journey. More information on animals travelling abroad >>

Warning: the possession of drugs such as cannabis, cocaine, heroin, and XTC will be heavily punished throughout the world. This applies to EU countries as well as countries outside the EU.

For more information you can phone 0800-0143 (Customs), or if phoning from abroad contact via +31 (0)45 -5743031. Also more information can be found on www.douane.nl

joskologec

Hi.

As I see you are from Slovenia as me. :yoda:

So here in SLo is big problem with customs. I order 2 watches from China til now.

The first shipment went through custom without problem, second one was hold by them, and i was forced to pay 30€.

Now I waiting SA from Mary, and I'm a litle scared what it will be.

It is better to order from trusted dealers (EU based) : Narika, PT. ( You will find them in this forum)

It is another EU dealer from Spain (Torobravo) but it is not TRUSTED DEALER on this forum

I'm waiting one PAM243 from him right now.

kloshar

Helow to you, too!! :yoda:

I really hope to get my watch. But if not, we will survive it. :P

30€ for what?? :(

Do you maybe remember how long did it take to come from China to SLO??

regards

ps: In the end I will have to pay 50€ (10€ WU provision, 10€ shipping, 30€ tax) just to get my 30$ watch. :(

Edited by kloshar

Luto

I've had a couple of reps now into the UK from the far east and they have come through ok (customs didnt notice i guess).

Just gotta cross your fingers i think though I suppose its nerve racking the more you've paid!

RolexAddict

I got a lot watches from Precious Time without any trouble. There is no custom control, don't know the subtilities of Shengen and technocrat mess, all shipping I received from PT were posted from London. Don't know for Narikaa, may be from Liverpool ;)

2 months ago I got 3 Daytona cases + dials + movements + hands, all Rolex engraved, from David. It was shipped from Hong Kong. The parcel was open by the French Customs, nothing bad, I got my stuff with a sticker "Contents inspected by Customs"

Now, here many time they open, check the contents, put your contact in files if its watches, guns, ammunitions, pharmacy etc. They let go 1, 2, 3, 4 time...

then the fifh parcel, they knock at your door at 6am....

Brightlight

Guys check your facts before you spout. Slovenia is NOT in the EU, though it is in Europe. EU rules do not apply.