Sign in to follow this  
warcelo

Where to buy lume and biding in small quantities?

warcelo

I need just for 3 watches!

Where to i get it?

Thanks!

SSTEEL

warcelo

Isn't 10g a lot of lume powder? I wanted to buy like 3g!

How much is necessary to relume 3 watches?

warcelo

Thanks guys! Is that the same lume that sells here? Does it glow for hours?

trailboss99

FFS dude, it's 25 bucks! It's a better quality lume than is sold in amounts of 2g for twice the money.

The only better product is genuine tritec, I warrant that.

Cynikal.Mindset

They also offer a premixed syringe tube (lume+binder) for the simples. ;)

http://www.watchlume...Lume-Binder-5ML

And it's crap, that is NOT w@tchlume

good call, boss...I just did a quick google...you will want to get the real w@tchlume

I believe this is the real guys http://www.watchlume.net/store#!__store

Odyseus

And it's crap, that is NOT w@tchlume the well known RWI TD

The glow is nowhere near as good and the colours are wrong for watches.

+1 - yep it's shit, you need stuff from www.watchlume.net

trailboss99

And it's crap, that is NOT w@tchlume the well known RWI TD

The glow is nowhere near as good and the colours are wrong for watches.

+1 - yep it's shit, you need stuff from www.watchlume.net

Still not as bright as our stuff.

twofake

Hey guys , I bought the watch lume kit from them and does anyone notice it is really gritty ?

Maybe I am applying it wrongly but it looks like sand mixed with glue ? I tried less powder and more binder but still looks like crap?

I was thinking of trying clear epoxy resin like clear type Araldite and putting the lume powder into that . Any suggestions on getting a smoother finish?

trailboss99

Hey guys , I bought the watch lume kit from them and does anyone notice it is really gritty ?

Maybe I am applying it wrongly but it looks like sand mixed with glue ? I tried less powder and more binder but still looks like crap?

I was thinking of trying clear epoxy resin like clear type Araldite and putting the lume powder into that . Any suggestions on getting a smoother finish?

It's courser than our products yes, courser = brighter glow from inferior pigments. A quality pigment does not need to be as course. It shouldn't be that bad however (lots of folk do use the stuff after all), you may need to experiment with ratios more. Are you using their binder? A lot of folk don't like it very much. I use Floquil model railroad clear coat (the lacquer, not the water based enamel of cause) mixed with their reducer (thinner) and it works very well indeed as well as being dirt cheap.

twofake

It's courser than our products yes, courser = brighter glow from inferior pigments. A quality pigment does not need to be as course. It shouldn't be that bad however (lots of folk do use the stuff after all), you may need to experiment with ratios more. Are you using their binder? A lot of folk don't like it very much. I use Floquil model railroad clear coat (the lacquer, not the water based enamel of cause) mixed with their reducer (thinner) and it works very well indeed as well as being dirt cheap.

Do you get the floquil model railroad voter coat at a hobby shop and is it like a clear laquer? I was wondering if the watch line powder can be ground finer.

Yes I am using their binder which I assume is cheap PVA non water resistant glue?

KeNnY

FFS dude, it's 25 bucks! It's a better quality lume than is sold in amounts of 2g for twice the money.

The only better product is genuine tritec, I warrant that.

I can say these are true words spoken !

This stuff is really good for NON TRITEC ! We can say almost same like superlume used in reps if not better.

Got for it mate, you can give rest to your girlfriend so she can have glowing nails at night haha :) or lume something in house

warcelo

I will take the lume here! I will give the rest to my GF to paint her nails! hahahahha

I've done relume in watch's hands and i'm very skilled for handling small stuff ( i service my watches doing total assembling and disassembling even the ones with 7750 ) but

i'm concerned about doing the dial dots... What do you guys think? Is it that hard?

Planning to relume 2 PO 42 Ultimate.

Thanks, you guys are awesome!

trailboss99

Do you get the floquil model railroad voter coat at a hobby shop and is it like a clear laquer? I was wondering if the watch line powder can be ground finer.

Yes I am using their binder which I assume is cheap PVA non water resistant glue?

This is what I use:

Thinner: http://www.testors.com/product/133533/F110001/_/Thinner_Brush_Cleaner_-_1oz.

Flat: http://www.testors.com/product/133537/F110015/_/Flat_Finish__1_oz._Floquil_-_1_oz._Bottle

Gloss: http://www.testors.com/product/133537/F110003/_/Hi-Gloss_-_1_oz._Bottle

I'm not sure what WL use as a binder but it can't be water based unless they are now using a coated lume powder as normal lume is destroyed by water based binders. If it is water based that would explain the large grain size as there needs to be a coating on the pigment to prevent the water based binder soaking in. In this case you will not be able to grind it smoother as it will destroy the coating.

Mind you , if it is uncoated pigment and a water based binder that would explain the lumpiness. I find it hard to believe WL would have done that tho as I'm sure Alvin is smarter than that.

warcelo

Have anyone tried bi component varnish as binder? I use it for guitar finish and it seems to be a good binder, very clear, 2 hours to dry and very hard.

Cynikal.Mindset

Have anyone tried bi component varnish as binder? I use it for guitar finish and it seems to be a good binder, very clear, 2 hours to dry and very hard.

why not try a sample? just use a piece of plastic or steel as a test card and see how it comes out