Sign in to follow this  
kyubi78

GREETINGS!

kyubi78

Obviously I'm a newbie and I'm just fascinated by the devoted rep watchers out there! Who knew such an active community lived? Not I but am glad to see that it exists. I'm especially interested in modding but don't see that happening since it does seem to involve a very extensive tool set. So now I'm just looking for the right watch. Prior to my discovery of reps, I only knew a few watch brands (i.e. Pans, Rolex, Tags, etc) but now since I've been researching about reps I've been really like the styles of the Grahams and B&Rs. So I'm looking to get a Graham Swordfish or B&R Phantom style. There was a really cool B&R on rwi forums but it sold and now I'm heartbroken because it was fully modded and perfect!

So I'm on the hunt. I hope to learn a lot from the rep community and looking forward to meet new peeps!

CHEERS!

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :lol:

AustinTech

Welcome! You found a great place to get started. You have questions, ask away. You are in luck with the Grahams - they are very accurate reps, although a bit expensive. The B&R's aren't so good, but with a little modding they can look great. The main thing is getting the crystal coated with anti-reflective chemicals, just like the gen.

Anyway - glad to have you!

KBH

Welcome kyubi78. Have a look around and enjoy. Feel free to ask questions, although I for one couldn't help you with Grahams and B &R's. I'm sure somebody will always be around to help.

graman

Welcome to the madhouse mate....we're a little different to other forums, as you may have worked out.

Good people here...and good info.

Suggest - hit the database and read.

Then...choose your dealer, then your watch.

Any questions? just ask!

Member X

Welcome :lol:

I'm a big fan of the B&Rs but there is not, unfortunately, a good rep of the phantom models out there yet.

kyubi78

Yes I have found that the Grahams are quite more expensive than the B&Rs, which is why I wanted Wiz's (found his post in here too!). So it looks like I'm pushing for the Grahams. Just trying to figure out the exact style I want now. The Chronofighters (with the built in espresso machines) are kinda cool but I don't know if I can get used to that lever which is why I'm liking the Swordfish but the more I look at it the more it grows on me. I understand that the levers can be loose on those ones and I also understand that it can be modded to be tighter? Is there a good rep dealer that sells these with the tighter lever?

Omeg@007

Welcome,,

You are on the right spot Mate :lol:

kyubi78
Welcome :lol:

I'm a big fan of the B&Rs but there is not, unfortunately, a good rep of the phantom models out there yet.

Any "spot on" reps of the B&R you can recommend?

Edited by kyubi78

Ska

welcome to the nuthouse buddy good luck

Member X
Welcome :)

The 01 versions need the screws in the back for the removable lugs. The 03s don't have them so it's not an issue.

The 03s used to have incorrect positioning of the stem release screw at the back, but B&R have recently changed their location so now the reps are correct! LoL ;)

I've not really looked at the reps too much tbh - I can't afford them at the minute and the gens occasionally come up at a reasonable price so I might even stretch to one :)

barkingtoad

Welcome to the nuthouse 78

kyubi78
Welcome :)

The 01 versions need the screws in the back for the removable lugs. The 03s don't have them so it's not an issue.

The 03s used to have incorrect positioning of the stem release screw at the back, but B&R have recently changed their location so now the reps are correct! LoL ;)

I've not really looked at the reps too much tbh - I can't afford them at the minute and the gens occasionally come up at a reasonable price so I might even stretch to one :)

Hmmm I'll have to keep my eyes out for a gen, if ur saying they can be "affordable"

Fiddo

Hello! :popcorn:

Welcome!

Member X
Welcome :cowboy:

The 03s used to have incorrect positioning of the stem release screw at the back, but B&R have recently changed their location so now the reps are correct! LoL :popcorn:

I've not really looked at the reps too much tbh - I can't afford them at the minute and the gens occasionally come up at a reasonable price so I might even stretch to one :cowboy:

Hmmm I'll have to keep my eyes out for a gen, if ur saying they can be "affordable"

I've seen a white dial SS 01-97 for €1250, which I think is pretty reasonable, but I want a black dial SS 01-92, dammit!!

atmos

welcome to nuthouse, have fun !

buy good nice watches :popcorn: