Sign in to follow this  
houndoggie

Ploprof rep in pictures..

houndoggie

Bunch of pics of the new Ploprof from Josh... I haven't really analyzed it in reference to a gen yet... stay tuned for that.

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

IMG_8242.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8246.jpg

IMG_8248.jpg

IMG_8249.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_8262.jpg

IMG_8266.jpg

IMG_8267.jpg

IMG_8271.jpg

IMG_8272.jpg

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8276.jpg

IMG_8277.jpg

IMG_8278.jpg

IMG_8279.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

IMG_8284a.jpg

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8296.jpg

IMG_8297.jpg

IMG_8298.jpg

IMG_8299.jpg

No, the button isn't functional with the bezel. It does function as a button though.

CG is like gen. AR on the crystal and bezel is pretty good. Lume is average though a very nice blue.

More thoughts later.

AllergyDoc

I'm trying to like it...

Beautiful shots, as usual.

AustinTech

Great shots. I don't know all the details of the gen, but this looks like a very well done rep. Very impressive.

How is the rep rubber that came with it? Decent?

trailboss99

When they fix the button and the happy feet I'll buy one.

Col.

Member X

I'm still not sure about these lol

They are impressive though!

Bizarrely, having never seen them before, the AD near me has just got two in - one on mesh, one on rubber!

dingle

the lume looks good, sorry to say this is the only thing :fearlessleader:

greg_r

Love the watch - looks fantastic. I'll definitely be going for black strap rather than orange, though :fearlessleader:

GC

I am so getting one of these...just not right now.

Thanks for posting some seriously great pics of a SWEET watch!!!

I have to say it really looks almost perfect, to me visually I see no flaws,

but I'm anxiously wait'n on your comparison.

I must not buy one now, I will be patient...or so I keep telling myself.

Baldrick

Was at the AD on Sat, had a look at the PP, very impressed with the watch but the mesh bracelet was easily the most impressive aspect, the overall finish / size / features are very good, engraving on caseback is well detailed, I think the rep factory has done a reasonably good job of it but the bracelet is going to be the killer for me, I'm not keen on rubber, after market mesh bracelets are good but nowhere near the quality of the 'shark proof' bracelet on the gen :lol:

I presume from the comments above that the bezel release button is decoratve and non-functional for locking / releasing the bezel, is it the same on all dealers versions, including the usual claim, 'made with a genuine sample , 1:1 ' dealers zat it?s

Anyone know what size the strap lug end is and if a mesh could be fitted to it, the clasp on Josh's looks nice, if you could fit a decent mesh, it would be a potential problem solver?

ploprofcu09.jpg

ploprofcu12.jpg

jkirke

That would look ill on the mesh bracelet. I think the details look pretty damn good for now. But you know how these things go with the factories...they give you something pretty good on a Monday, and then in 2 weeks, you get updated V2. Give it another 2 weeks, and you get V3...and the cycle repeats itself. I just hope in whatever Version they put out, they get the push button so it does what it's supposed to!

Besides that, your photos look brilliant as usual doggie. Love the shots. Lume on the bezel looks INSANE!!!! I'll be in line for one shortly!

gran

Great pictures. Thank you!!!

Mesh is a must ;)

houndoggie

Okay.. some gen vs rep analysis:

REP is on the top

IMG_8253.jpg

75a2db27.jpg

Flaws on the rep:

Happy feet logo instead of flat feet

Bezel color is just barely darker white than the gen

The twelve o'clock markers are a tad too small

The lume color of the markers is not white enough...barely

Bezel button (while being non functionaly) is too red of an orange and is too tall

numbers font on bezel is too thin.... correction. they look spot on.

markers on bezel are too thick.....correction. they are the right size, just the hourly ones are different in shape.

datefont of rep, while nice and thick, is not the correct font

interestingly, the picture of the gen has the incorrect coloring of the Seamaster and Professional on the dial...The rep has the correct colors- orange seamaster and white professional

Here are some comparison pics of gen Ploprof vs Rep (gen pictures are not mine and are the orange background)

13372aeb.jpg

IMG_8241.jpg

33906137.jpg

IMG_8296.jpg

I like how the gen and rep have the same blue tint on the bezel and crystal at certain angles

d2cb1196.jpg

IMG_8276.jpg

73a8ce91.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

rep caseback octaganol holes are not as cleanly cut as gen, and the inkover of the lettering is a bit sloppy (easy to fix that though)

no serial on the rep either...

gen lume:

50802dae.jpg

rep lume:

IMG_8298.jpg

AllergyDoc

They got the colors backwards on "Seamaster" and "Professional" and some minor differences in spacing for the bezel numbers.

tdubt
They got the colors backwards on "Seamaster" and "Professional" and some minor differences in spacing for the bezel numbers.

i immediately noticed the colors of the words as well. something that obvious and simple, really makes me assume they make mistakes on purpose so they can sell v1 v2 v3 and maximize overall sales volume. If its not intentional, then its just dumb luck, because i'm sure they sell more overall by making mistakes and fixing them.

houndoggie

No, it is correct. That photo of the gen is most likely an early dial prototype.

Both the rep and the gen have the same colors for the words.

houndoggie

DUMB ME.. this photo:

7e4e3588-1.jpg

I had up first is not the production Ploprof 2009. The rep is much more accurate to the gen then I originally thought.

tdubt

Thanks HD! So much for the smart mistake making :lol:

If only i could fit a 48mm on my wrist. maybe I could hang it around my neck LOL.

Enjoy, all you fellas placing order!

GC

Thanks for the comparison hound!

I was trip'n balls there for a second when I read "wrong colors on Prfessional & Seamaster"...until you posted the correction.

Looks like the only two flaws are "happy feet" of the logo & non-functioning button.

I can totally live with these two flaws, and we all know V2 will correct one of the two flaws but what will they mess up in place of it is anybody's guess...lol

"one step forward...two steps back"

oscarmadfish

great review and pics

the button not working would not worry me i keep getting drawn to them bloody feet

Silverspeed

Great comparison....still not getting this watch, but it looks very well replicated

I could live with the flaws...too bad I'm not a fan of the PlopPlop

houndoggie

If only i could fit a 48mm on my wrist. maybe I could hang it around my neck LOL.

It doesn't wear that big at all. Maybe a little bigger than a 44mm PAM.

tdubt

It doesn't wear that big at all. Maybe a little bigger than a 44mm PAM.

I only have a radiomir pam.

how about in comparison to a Big Bang (not king)? That's the watch i have that wears the biggest on me...

dingle
Great comparison....still not getting this watch, but it looks very well replicated

I could live with the flaws...too bad I'm not a fan of the PlopPlop

+1

for the life of me I cannot figure out what you guys are seeing here. No doubt one of the ugliest watches I have ever seen.........trying not to hate it...... :lol:

AllergyDoc

Stop looking at Plopplop threads then, Dingle. I hated the Graham reps but kept looking at them until I bought one. I still have scars on my wrist from the crown guard.

dingle
Stop looking at Plopplop threads then, Dingle. I hated the Graham reps but kept looking at them until I bought one. I still have scars on my wrist from the crown guard.

:lol:

very well.....just wanted to see what all the fuss was about