Sign in to follow this  
Ilikewaches

Gen Omega crown and tube in, to mod or not?

Ilikewaches

Just use JB Weld I have never had this stuff fail if mixed and applied correctly

http://www.google.co....51156542,d.b2I

You might want to watch out for the other stuff as it sets up in 4 minutes which is not very long for lining things up perfect. :sad:

I was thinking jb weld as well.

Olly

Ahh shit, bad luck man. Like people say use JB Weld, it is what majority of the modders use i think :)

Ilikewaches

Ok guys, looks good second time around. This stuff is much better, it's only been about 30 minutes and it's hard as hell already. I used the wrong stuff the first time around. Here are some new pics. I also got it much cleaner this time. Again a nice bead in the inside.

iikpbnO.jpg

aSqQYl2.jpg

Olly

That crystal is a bitch to keep clean. I might be saying this too late but when the glue was curing did you have the watch crystal facing up or down ? If up then the gases made will leave a residue which is hard to remove. :D

Olly

Ilikewaches

That crystal is a bitch to keep clean. I might be saying this too late but when the glue was curing did you have the watch crystal facing up or down ? If up then the gases made will leave a residue which is hard to remove. :D

Olly

It's on it's side like in the picture, thanks for the heads up, I'm going to give it a wipe now just to make sure. The crystal drives me bonkers everything leaves streaks. I little dab of acetone and one of the really smooth fiber cloths seems to work best for cleaning the inside without leaving streaks. I'm going to go ahead and let this thing cure for even more than 24 hours so I don't have a repeat. I'm kind of glad though, this time I got it so there is no residue on the outside portion of the tube, looks clean.

**update just gave it a wipe and I'm all good no residue**

I'll post more pics when this is all done.

Edited by Ilikewaches

Olly

Good to know :D

Ilikewaches

And done, feels good, screwing down very nice and smooth with a tight fit against the case. Dial is nice and straight, So far so good.Here are some pics.

bVrh7dd.jpg

x6AOc0G.jpg

WVp5gA3.jpg

PR4w5oP.jpg

EBm0YP1.jpg

warcelo

I'm glad you did it! Great job and now is a nice tutorial for those how want to change the striped crown!

The PO is a beautiful watch and is one of my favorites. You fixed one of it's flaws, the gen crown is shorter than the rep.

Wear it with proud!

Ilikewaches

Thanks bro, I'm going to mail my extra parts out to you soon.

Olly

Well Done :):clap:

Ilikewaches

Well Done :):clap:

Thanks I'm pleased.

Ilikewaches

Little update, holding up perfectly and here is a little tip. Once it starts to set use one of your small watch screwdrivers dipped in a bit of acetone to clean away any residue from the outside portion of the tube, do this before it sets hard.