Sign in to follow this  
kev-waver

Graphite treatement

kev-waver

Hi Guys,

Read from this forum that watches with 7750 movement would have to go through the graphite treatment. Can anyone teachme how this is being done?

Thanks.

trailboss99

Not all of them KW, just the seconds at six ones for the Daytonas.

There is a thread here somewhere if you try search it should come up.

Col.

apoopoo999

what exactly is the graphite treatment?

greg_r

It's a way of reducing the extra drag on an A7750 movement that has been modified to run secs@6 (and ONLY those with that modification). The problem is that the modification doesn't add extra jewels for the gearing - the graphite treatment reduces the friction on the metal-to-metal bearing that causes most of the reliability issues.

apoopoo999
It's a way of reducing the extra drag on an A7750 movement that has been modified to run secs@6 (and ONLY those with that modification). The problem is that the modification doesn't add extra jewels for the gearing - the graphite treatment reduces the friction on the metal-to-metal bearing that causes most of the reliability issues.

I see, do they call it "the graphite treatment" because graphite is applied?

greg_r

No, they use jello. Graphite just sounds cooler...

dingle

No, they use jello. Graphite just sounds cooler...

:lol:

RolexAddict

I hope one day all these clowns will admit the graphite powder is not made for watch repair and the problem with the A7750 sec. at 6 is a pure Chinese movement background problem, not a friction/drag from complication gears.

Personnally, I use graphite in salad, yogurts, its good to limit drag in my bowels avoiding constipation. I call that "the morning shoot gun" . I have put a shock in my ass to limit the damages in my toilet room. Also I spay graphite on my annual income tax declaration to make it smoother

AllergyDoc
:lol: Greg and RA

tdubt

____ :lol:

Edited by tdubt