Sign in to follow this  
M4rtin

First Pan, 299 or 328 or 329

M4rtin

Pam Virgin here, thinking I would add Pam to my collection.

I'm not a strap guy and I see mostly Pam with straps in good quality.

What's the word on SS bracelet for the models above ?

I saw that 299 seems to be fairly cheap, but I think I like the face of 328 or 329 more.

However I could not find if 328 or 329 were made by Noob Factory.

Edited by M4rtin

steve jasso

It's pam. And go with pam299. you will love it

ALE7575

Nowadays you have from Noob:

K-series - cheap an very good, really a bargain

O-series - with cyclops improved and PAm 104 dial

Both are Super replicas

You have too PAM 297 O-series a Super rep too

PAM 328 is in an inferior level (version V2 is the best choice). Better avoid PAM 329

ALE

M4rtin

Thanks, seems that I'll stick to 299K.

tommylad

Definitely 299. I'm going to get one soon.

nofitstate

I've had the Noob 299k for about a month now and I'd buy another again tomorrow.

The build quality is excellent and the time keeping has been spot on. Just make sure you get QC pics as mine had a text fault on the dial that would of been spotted at the QC pic stage. (it's now sorted as I did a dial swap that the TD supplied for me)

Edited by nofitstate

emtp101

I have also been looking at the Pam 299. Very nice, post pics on whichever you decide to go with.

jeanius

I've had the Noob 299k for about a month now and I'd buy another again tomorrow.

The build quality is excellent and the time keeping has been spot on. Just make sure you get QC pics as mine had a text fault on the dial that would of been spotted at the QC pic stage. (it's now sorted as I did a dial swap that the TD supplied for me)

smh is this toro?? im going through the same thing

nofitstate

No it was Kuvarsit that I got mine from.

jeanius

Why did u sell ur K and buy the new O? Any comments on differences? Thx in advance

nofitstate

Why did u sell ur K and buy the new O? Any comments on differences? Thx in advance

I didn't say I'd sold mine?

Anyway I've been looking more closely at mine over the weekend and Though I was told it was a K, I now believe it's actually an O model.

The K it would seem has the L SWISS MADE L split by the 6 marker, where as the N and O models have it running under the 6, like mine does. Also the serial number on the back on mine starts with an O. So I guess mine is an O

Anyway if you like the look of the 299, get it. This thing is so well made. I run a machine workshop making parts for a lot of the F1 teams cars and have a real eye for details in engineered parts and even I'm impressed with the build quality of this. The bracelet is work of art and the whole watch has real look and feel of quality about it. This will be my daily watch and I feel that it's been made well enough to stand up to that. The time keeping has been perfect, I've not timed it to the second, but I've also not needed to adjust it either. Also the power reserve is excellent. I wore my 372 for about 36 hours over the weekend and when I came back to the 299 it was still running and hadn't lost or gained any time.

Hope this helps.

ALE7575

I agree with nofitstate

The manufacture quality of PAM 299 Noob either K or O is awesome

I bought it for collection purposes since it has bracelet , but I was impressed when I received mine and I worn it with pleasure.

It is actually a true Super rep

ALE

alw

Seems Trusty doesn´t have this (299). Was there something about the cartel not selling Noob stuff anymore?

dave1978

i am in the same boat, but like the leather strap, which is the nicest with leather strap?

ALE7575

i am in the same boat, but like the leather strap, which is the nicest with leather strap?

PAM 104 O-series is the same but with leather strap

ALE

dave1978

never heard of them till i joined this site , luv the look of them

tamages

I didn't say I'd sold mine?

Anyway I've been looking more closely at mine over the weekend and Though I was told it was a K, I now believe it's actually an O model.

The K it would seem has the L SWISS MADE L split by the 6 marker, where as the N and O models have it running under the 6, like mine does. Also the serial number on the back on mine starts with an O. So I guess mine is an O

Anyway if you like the look of the 299, get it. This thing is so well made. I run a machine workshop making parts for a lot of the F1 teams cars and have a real eye for details in engineered parts and even I'm impressed with the build quality of this. The bracelet is work of art and the whole watch has real look and feel of quality about it. This will be my daily watch and I feel that it's been made well enough to stand up to that. The time keeping has been perfect, I've not timed it to the second, but I've also not needed to adjust it either. Also the power reserve is excellent. I wore my 372 for about 36 hours over the weekend and when I came back to the 299 it was still running and hadn't lost or gained any time.

Hope this helps.

This post makes me wanting this 299.

-_- control control...

Sent from my Samseng Note

jeanius

Yea just wanted to see if anyone had input on the thinner numbers on dial on the O Series. Which looks exactly like the 299s on the Panerai site. (Maybe they updated the dial and made it thinner this year?) but have yet to see a real life pic of a gen 299 O with thin numerals

ALE7575

Look the pics of PAM 104 O-series from Noob and gen. They have the same dial

ALE

M4rtin

Finally my 299 came in the mail from Sead.

I don't think it's 299K as the lettering is under 6 and not split on both sides of it.

Watch is so sexy :P

elp

Pics please!

ALE7575

Finally my 299 came in the mail from Sead.

I don't think it's 299K as the lettering is under 6 and not split on both sides of it.

Watch is so sexy :P

Read the caseback engravings of fabrication number. The letter of year must be there

If you wanted a Noob you should get a Noob K-series or Noob O-series not a H maker N-series

Just my thoughts

ALE

M4rtin

Here's few quick pictures, I like this watch more and more every day.

used to not get what Pams were about, but I really like it, now that I won it :)

pan1_zpsb8b21c41.jpg

pan2_zpseb53d228.jpg

pan3_zps099d1b78.jpg

nofitstate
Here's few quick pictures, I like this watch more and more every day.

used to not get what Pams were about, but I really like it, now that I won it :)

pan1_zpsb8b21c41.jpg

pan2_zpseb53d228.jpg

pan3_zps099d1b78.jpg

That's an O, same as mine. You've got yourself a great watch there. I've had mine nearly 2 months now and never get tired looking at it.