Sign in to follow this  
corsa

IWC Cousteau Diver Take 2

Cannibal

I'm almost two weeks with mine and I freakin' love this thing. So comfortable to wear with the rubber strap and it sits really nicely on the wrist. Dead accurate too. My wife loves it and I'm concerned it may somehow move into her watch box. LOL

ghoststar

Which seller has the newer AT 2000s? They are all sold out at Puretime, and there haven't been any new AT reps in the past couple years, as far as I've seen.

corsa

All the TD's should be able to source them, drop them an email and ask. Just remember that its the CNY so, be very, very patient!!

ghoststar

All the TD's should be able to source them, drop them an email and ask. Just remember that its the CNY so, be very, very patient!!

Actually, I discussed this with 3 TDs and none are able to get their hands on one. Well, one seller did say he could get one, but he advised I wait until new versions are produced, but that was almost a year ago and nothing has come out since. Not even any rumors of new versions.

Cannibal

I just bought a swiss 7750 to retrofit into my Cousteau.

Hyjynx

Guess what? I just got the orange too! Also from Toro. I'm incorrigible. :D

8y2yqyna.jpg

corsa

Yep. One of my all time favs. Wear it with pride! An awesome watch.

ghoststar

Hmmm. Are these reps newer versions? Do you guys know when these reps were first produced? I ask cuz I don't want to end up getting one only to find that their coming out with an improved version a couple months after.

Daywatch

Hopefully will get mine 2008 blue/yellow version from Toro today:). Gen doesn´t say CD on the dial either. Kenny does the re-lume job if needed, only thing to improve imho. Can´t wait to put it on the wrist finally, have been longing for this several months already.

And these pictures are just great, thx.

corsa

Yeah, always baffled me why you wouldn't have JC's signature on the face of the Calypso Tribute, (I mean it was HIS Ship????), but anyway, awesome watches and I just need the White and Blue version to complete the set.

We need more Aquatimer love round here!!!

Daywatch

Ok Guys, took one day longer the local post-office but my 2008 CD has arrived and I have to say its a beautiful watch and very comfortable on that strap. Would prefer "normal" strap attachment to be able to change it and put on a NATO too sometimes but the rep itself has a fantastic AR and really good colours and finish. Think I will love to wear this in Summer. Even the lume is better than thought but still testing out everything. Blue protection caps still on. This has the Calypso pictured on the back. Very happy with this one.

IWCCD2008_S11698.jpg

Cannibal

So how do you like yours so far? I'm wearing mine as I type. My movement keeps amazing time until it gets to 11 p.m. for the date change prep. The hour and second hands stop and when I reset it in the morning it runs great again until 11 p.m. again. That's why I now have a Swiss 7750 ready to go inside this watch. Just waiting for my watchmaker to have an open window to work on it and off it goes for the transplant.

Kleen™

I much prefer this simpler version to the one with orange JC all over the dial.

But then again - I prefer the 3536 over any of the more recent IWC Divers...

Daywatch

Loving mine so far, everything works like a charm, date changes neatly at 5 to midnight. The Chrono 1 - minute change is fun to look at and minute count extremely well readable on that sharp 30 min dial. Stop and rest chrono only between 10 and 2 and only change dates if necessary after 4. Really great watch, would like to be able to change to other straps but not investing in special adaptations so it stays on the rubber.

Even was near it´s element today:)

IMG_1874.jpg

garbear99

Do these "wear" large , small or dead on. 44 mm is the largest I can get away with on my wrist. I have been holding up on buying due to size, but I now want one. Please advise.

Kleen™

They wear (very) large because of the large proportions of the dial vs. minimal bezel...

garbear99

They wear (very) large because of the large proportions of the dial vs. minimal bezel...

Bummer.

Robvs

Can anyone answer why the chronograph can only be used between 10 and 2 and date reset only after 4? It's a difficult answer to search for. I've seen similar instructions on the td's listings for this watch too. I imagine you'll break the movment, but what is the reasoning? And how important is it to follow those directions? Is there a good link to more of these types of warnings for other watches?

Daywatch

Can anyone answer why the chronograph can only be used between 10 and 2 and date reset only after 4? It's a difficult answer to search for. I've seen similar instructions on the td's listings for this watch too. I imagine you'll break the movment, but what is the reasoning? And how important is it to follow those directions? Is there a good link to more of these types of warnings for other watches?

The idea is to stop the chrono main seconds hand between 10 and 2 and not anywhere else. Only reset after first stopped. Datesetting after the 4´position even more important, it´s got to do with the mechanism for date-change being locked in or not. Anyway sticking to the rules helps keep them going healthy for a long way, the A7750 should not be wound as well, just move it around and it powers up.

IWC_0426c.jpg

JSJ

The reason to reset the chronograph with the seconds near the 12 (ie between 10 and 2) is that on some reps, the large seconds can be a bit loose. With the bigger momentum of resetting from farther round the dial, it can move the hand on the pinion and it then won't reset to zero.

It's not a huge deal to reposition it but it is a pain cos you have to take the movement out. It's not an issue with the movement as such, just the fact that some rep hands are not made all that well.

The best procedure for quick date change on most mechanisms is manually to wind the hands through midnight and set them at 6 am. Then quick set the date and set the time after that. This is to make sure the normal date change mechanism is completely disengaged while you are using the quick set. If you quick set the date when the normal mechanism is already engaged, you can dislodge parts and stop it working properly and even damage parts.

If you are just wanting to change the date forward one day at the end of a short month, it's fine to do it if you wake up at 8 am in the new month but don't do it at midnight the night before.

higginsd

I think the last issue regarding the quick date change with disengaged date change mechanism can also happen to an ETA-7750 or IWC-79320 because it has it's reason in the mechanism of the 7750.