Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Panerai hit back.

trailboss99

Oops.

READ ALL ABOUT IT

Thanks to Dewey Dog at RWI for the linkege.

Col.

JohnG

How did he get away with this all that time? Or were these "sterile" dial watches?

AllergyDoc

That's why you don't want to sell reps.

JohnG
That's why you don't want to sell reps.

Well if he was really selling reps openly on eBay (something I find hard to swallow - I suspect these were unbranded watches), then he was just plain stupid. Given that eBay doesn't permit rep sales and will shut down sales of reps the moment they are reported, I don't believe that this guy was selling "Panerai" branded watches...

trailboss99

I gather they were unbranded but the CGs on a Pam are copyrighted.

Col.

jdavis III

These watches were clearly Panerai reps by design. The dials were labeled "Luminor Militare" and omitted the Panerai name. I do not recall if the case backs were devoid of the Panerai name or not. He had sold these things on Ebay for a good while before Panerai stepped in.

JohnG

Well then they are just being dicks... There are lots of unbranded Rolexes sold there and "Alpha" brand Rolexes... these fuckers are getting more aggresive now that their sales are going down.

I think it is time to hit back, and hit back HARD.

AllergyDoc

Remember what happened to that "The Watch Prince" guy. I can't even remember his name now. He was a U.S.-based dealer who got caught. That, and his drug problems and infidelity, tanked his life.

All that risk for $50-70 a watch profit? :drunksing: I like the view from this side of the bars better.

JohnG
Remember what happened to that "The Watch Prince" guy. I can't even remember his name now. He was a U.S.-based dealer who got caught. That, and his drug problems and infidelity, tanked his life.

All that risk for $50-70 a watch profit? :drunksing: I like the view from this side of the bars better.

He got sloppy. It's a dog eat dog world my friend. It takes real smarts to go the long haul in a life of crime.

They would never catch ME.

graman

Suuuuurrre they wouldn't....

Until someone grassed you up.....

greg_r

I think the point is that they'd never find him out there in the backwoods :beer:

JohnG

I think the point is that they'd never find him out there in the backwoods :beer:

They better pray they don't find me out here in the woods....

deliverance.gif

JohnG

I searched "6497" in watches/jewellery on the Bay and found a bunch of unbranded Pams for sale - seems they are all radiomir types - the ones without the crown guard - except there ARE caseS for sale - with the crown guard...

1b2b_1.JPG

204072166_tp.jpg

http://jewelry.shop.ebay.com/items/Jewelry...d=p3286.c0.m282