Sign in to follow this  
boneyjr

Omega CrPO 45mm (mini review)

boneyjr

Yesterday I picked up what I am guessing is the newest version of the CrPO (it has the correct AR and correct caseback without the 'liquid metal' insignia).

My first impression was a good one. The bracelet is comfortable and the watch has excellent wrist presence. The bezel is tight and everything lines up perfectly, and the lume is bright and crystal is perfect. Also worth mentioning, the 'Omega' engraving on the bracelet clasp is very well done -- crisp and clean. Oh, and the pearl seems (to my naked eye) to be dead center.

As we all know, the movement on these is Swiss, and the watch has been keeping perfect time (so far).

On to the negatives: I have to be prepared to fix the fading bezel issue because I can see the triangle around the pearl starting to diminish. I am guessing a touch up with spray paint or a paint pen will be in order shortly (I am open to any suggestions). My biggest concern is the crown and stem. While there are currently no problems, the mechanism does not inspire confidence. after unscrewing the crown, the stem clicks out to each position with no problem. However, when pushing it all back in, things get dodgy. It doesn't click back in as you would expect -- ya kinda just need to push and pray.

One last thing, this was the dirtiest bracelet I have ever received. I used up 3 cape cod cloths on it and turned them completely black. I could have gone for a 4th but my hands were getting tired. I like the results though -- the bracelet now pops!

Well on to pics -- and please let me know any suggestions for the fading bezel fix.

AE9EA3CD-E622-4682-BC43-288BC9F15B64-4699-000003BFF4552D3D_zps54ff28ac.jpg

A8CB9BD0-D053-48A1-8A93-B63FCD4077EB-4699-000003BFFC240D17_zps1f2565e1.jpg

00291393-43B0-4AD7-A2A2-46BAE1919365-4699-000003C0044CB6FE_zpsf3bba823.jpg

D0C90B50-BA42-4EC8-975D-0DDF8E2DD6B3-4699-000003C00BC65359_zpsd5b40482.jpg

9B7424C6-7B2B-445B-969C-36ED708F11AD-4699-000003C013B54707_zps6458521b.jpg

6939CBF7-9062-464A-B6BB-479901A7EFC2-4699-000003C01B45E469_zps0ad37a92.jpg

26C28DF4-3738-4F5E-AD50-598592C31DF0-4699-000003BFEBAE8229_zps269e2ef2.jpg

C3F06356-259E-4C31-9405-3999E2DA085F-4699-000003BFE480FAA4_zpsb5bba382.jpg

simey83

Pity about the bezel problem. Its a beautiful watch. Enjoy it :)

Rolexwatchman

nice watch!!!!

BlackBandit

Looks stunning, wear it well!

diggs

Looks great! Is the fading bezel issue also common with the orange bezels?

boneyjr

Looks great! Is the fading bezel issue also common with the orange bezels?

Thanks. Not sure about the orange bezels. In fact, I am not sure that they make an orange bezel CrPO.

Mr. Pap

Very nice! I had one which i sold mainly cause i could see the bezel totally fading after a couple of months.

Otherwise i really liked the watch!

alw

It´s so beautiful. Waiting for my blue TI version to arrive.

I believe there is no ceramic orange bezel as the gen doesn´t have it. I wonder:

1. If you can order an updated ceramic replacement bezel for that later on for swapping?

2. The blue ceramic (or is it steel?) will fade too?

boneyjr

It´s so beautiful. Waiting for my blue TI version to arrive.

I believe there is no ceramic orange bezel as the gen doesn´t have it. I wonder:

1. If you can order an updated ceramic replacement bezel for that later on for swapping?

2. The blue ceramic (or is it steel?) will fade too?

I am hoping you are right about ordering an updated bezel when they are out. That would be the easiest best solution.

gecko0
While there are currently no problems, the mechanism does not inspire confidence. after unscrewing the crown, the stem clicks out to each position with no problem. However, when pushing it all back in, things get dodgy. It doesn't click back in as you would expect -- ya kinda just need to push and pray.

I just received my 42mm of this exact watch and found the same movement concern. I only have a few automatics to compare to (such as a cheap Invicta 9937), but it's pretty rough sounding and feeling in comparison. When I adjust the date, I can't simply push the crown back in and tighten it down...the date moves again. It's not disengaging from the date gear and I have to pull it all the way out, then push all the way in and...as you said, pray. Not confidence inspiring, but otherwise seems to be working fine. I'll have to keep an eye on it and maybe send it off for a good cleaning? Unless this is abnormal and I should talk to my TD, but I'd hate to do that if unnecessary.

Edited by gecko0

adz25

Looks great! Enjoy in good health!

bruiserreb

That is a beautiful watch. I just ordered the Titanium Blue version "Liquidmetal" and the bezel pearl was not as spot on as this one (as seen in the QC pics. It may look better in person. Does anyone know of a expert who can mod these with either a genuine or more robust matching bezel?

subiim

I think you're using the cape cod cloths wrong

NFleischer

Looks great! Many of these BP Factory Omegas have tube/crown/stem issues. I think maybe the stems are cut too short.

The setting bridges do not work well especially when putting them back towards the case.

R5tdi

Hi lovely watch nice to see the fixes on this version

I had the very first model wrong AR and fading bezel but I just did a swap to the orange bezel really simple job

null-66.jpg

null-70.jpg

I ordered the new bezel from Rochest I know it probably needs a coat of Matt spray to make it 100% but tbh I'm hpy with the result

Great watch wear it well

bruiserreb

R5, Do you have a link to Rochest? Thanks,

R5tdi

Watchinternational you will find them In the trusted dealer section but currently on probation

boneyjr

I think you're using the cape cod cloths wrong

Using them wrong? How do you mean?

Dinicol

-I have exactly the same problem with crown and stem,-pulls out ok but doesn't re engage properly. -would be good to know someone that can fix this issue as one is always concerned that the stem won't go back in at all!!!

brownandy1983

Nice watch where did you get it from

ImNotFatImFluffy

the Orange bezel CrPO, i heard is really steel (supposed to be that way i guess) and comes from rep factories too shiny, to solve that ive heard of spraying the bezel with Krylon Matte paint, i guess the same treatment might help to preserve the Matte Black Bezel