Sign in to follow this  
fransie

Changing dial on Submariner to maxi dial?

fransie

Hi, this week i got my first rep. :) It's a Rolex submariner which i got from Josh. The whole process from ordering to delivery went very smoothly -> compliments to Josh! I like the watch a lot, although it is a bit smaller than I expected (but that has to do with the fact that i'm used to wearing bigger watches).

Being new to this business i have been reading a lot lately and during my research i ran across some pictures of submariners which have bigger dots than mine. To be honestly, i like the bigger dots more than the small dots on my sub. If I'm correct the dials with the bigger hour dots are referred to as 'maxi dial'. I have been looking on the forum for some more info but couldn't find alot.

Now my question to you guys: can anyone explain to me what is this maxi dial and is there a possibility to get one and change my normal dial for a maxi??

I will post pics asap

ShovelnTC

Glad you like your Sub.

Maxi dials were on LV subs in the earlier series (as yours is) and on all of the later subs.

Changeover would not be difficult but it it would be much harder to know exactly which model and maker you have and not all that easy to get a compatible maxi-dial.

See if you get to like that dial or if not then just get another later and enjoy both.

I have 4 subs and love them all.

fransie

thanks for the info. the model is a 16610 classic sub as far as i know. is there a list somewhere of all different models incl pics??

ofcourse, i could get myself another one with the maxi dial but a changeover project would be fun too (and probably cost less)

fransie

thanks mate.

did some resarch and so it seems that i want te convert my 16610LN to a 16610LV. Anyone have experience on this?

tictoc21

Another alternative which might be quit a bit easier, assuming you can afford and don't mind having more than one watch, is to buy the LV from Josh, purchase a black bezel insert and put that in the LV.

Edited by tictoc21

fransie

@tictoc21: thanks, that sure is an option. looked at joshes website and found out he sells LV as well (foolish me actually ordering the wrong one :(). but why purchase a separate black bezel as josh sells complete LV as far as i can see??

Edited by fransie

ryaku

I agree, black sub + maxi dial is the best combo.

Nice sub, do you have the Perfect Clones link?

would you share a pic of the clasp with the rolex symbol?

Thank you

ryaku

@tictoc21: thanks, that sure is an option. looked at joshes website and found out he sells LV as well (foolish me actually ordering the wrong one :(). but why purchase a separate black bezel as josh sells complete LV as far as i can see??

I guess he thought you wanted a back insert sub with maxi dial.

LV Sub comes with green bezel insert.

ShovelnTC

Here's my LV

LV's come with Green bezel insert and Maxi-dial.

LV02_zpsee474104.jpg

fransie

you're right, I was mistaken and thought the LV also comes with black bezel. But LV is only with green bezel

fransie

Okay guys i did some further research and come to following conclusions:

Different types of subs (not complete list but only ones that appeal to me - SS case and bracelet):

1) 16610LN: classic sub with black dial and small markers and hands

2) 16610LV: classic sub with green dial and maxi dial and hands

3) 116610: Sub C with maxi dial and different, slightly bigger case (latest model)

I want a sub which has black bezel and maxi dial. For now I am considering 2 options:

1) buy 116610: pro's are less work and the case is a bit bigger, contra: i think the case and bracelet are aesthetically less balanced than on the 16610 models.

2) buy LV and replace the green bezel for a black one: when i buy the cheapest LV from Josh (which has a 2813 28800 movement) i have to replace the movement (with 2823 from my current sub) and change the bezel. Both are tasks which i have no experience with.

Does anyone have experience on changing the movement (from 2813 to 2823) and is it easy?

fransie

Here's my LV

LV's come with Green bezel insert and Maxi-dial.

Very nice!

Though i think the LV with black bezel really rocks! :)

black263

you're right, I was mistaken and thought the LV also comes with black bezel. But LV is only with green bezel

Could that be because LV is an abbreviation of Lunette Verte. Verte = green.

LN is short for Lunette Noir. Noir = black.

fransie

Thank you

here is a pic of the clasp

IMG_2294_zps6127f37b.jpg

not sure whether i can post the link but just go to perfect clones website and look for RLSS000031A 16610 Black SS Sub

fransie

Could that be because LV is an abbreviation of Lunette Verte. Verte = green.

LN is short for Lunette Noir. Noir = black.

I guess that makes perfect sense

ShovelnTC

I used to be a one watch bloke, so selection was important, now I have a box full so I can change whenever I get bored. I still want to get an LN like yours but I have also learned to be patient so it will come later.

The Sub-C is bulkier and I agree and also like the slightly svelter (is that a real word?) look of the 16610 but the ceramic bezel also adds some zing so do yourself a favor and get the Sub-C to keep your 16610 company.

Here's a couple of Sub-C's

bluesub_zps8ca34465.jpg

Edited by ShovelnTC

ryaku

Thank you

here is a pic of the clasp

not sure whether i can post the link but just go to perfect clones website and look for RLSS000031A 16610 Black SS Sub

Thanks fransie, I have to say the rehaut in your watch looks much better than in the pics on Perfect Clones site, it's probably not the same Sub

Edited by ryaku