Sign in to follow this  
synax

Hi Guys!

synax

Hi everyone,

Been lurking on the forum for a little while now, thought it was time i said hello.

I'm also currently in the process of ordering my first rep from mary, a DateJust with Blue Vignette face and diamond markers. I have been trying to find out as much info as i can on the Blue Vignette, want to make sure mine looks simular to the real thing. I've noticed some do not have the little second markers around the dial and just the diamond markers whilst others have the second markers and diamond markers.

I assume that is due to there being different versions?

Anyway i'll finish with my questions for now before i get too carried away and i just got to say it looks like a great forum!

Thanks

Edited by adamharrisuk

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse Adam ;)

barkingtoad

Howdy mate ;)

greg_r

Welcome Adam! ;)

There are so many different variations on the Rolex DJ and Day/Date dials that I don't think anybody but Rolex can keep track! I'm not familiar with the particular dial you're after, but hopefully someone else will be.

synax

Thanks guys! :-)

Welcome Adam! ;)

There are so many different variations on the Rolex DJ and Day/Date dials that I don't think anybody but Rolex can keep track! I'm not familiar with the particular dial you're after, but hopefully someone else will be.

To be honest i thought as much, it pretty much impossible to find the same looking dial! lol

houndoggie

Just now saw this..:D

Welcome to hell.

Fiddo

Hello! :D

Welcome!

KBH

Welcome Adam.

Whatever DJ you buy, how would anybody know about the seconds makers on a dial. As Greg says, I'm not even sure if Rolex knows how many there are. I remember running across a web site that had a listing of DJ dials by the year and there must have been over 300 different ones listed.

Ska

welcome mate

Member X

By a remarkable coincidence I picked up the Rolex 2010 catalogue at lunchtime today! :D

I've had a look to see if there's any pics I could scan in but I'm afraid there's nothing in the 2010 line up that has a vignette dial :)

ebzen02

Welcome.. and we are now celebrating RWG 1.1 History... ;)

synax

Thanks for the welcomes guys! I love the vignette dials, such a shame they are hard to come buy.

I've been in contact with Mary and she has found one that looks pretty good, not perfect but good enough. Will post some pics when i get hold of it.

I've been tempted to buy the following : http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.c...amp;i=249866841 and fit it to the rep. Not sure if that would work though?

greg_r

Interesting thought. Quite a few guys here have built 'frankens' with gen dials, so that might well be a good option. KBH will probably be along a little later and should be able to offer some advice.