Sign in to follow this  
batavus

What to do..

batavus

Hi Guys,

Just recently bought a explorer 1 (114270) from joshua (Perfect Clones). It has the Asian 2813 auto movement, 25J highbeat 28,800. I placed the order, paid for the watch got my QC pics. http://www.p-cls.com/rlex10001-explorer-black-asian-2813-28800-p-13568.html

After looking thru his site again i noticed that he also has the Asian ETA 2836-2, auto movement, 25J highbeat 28,800. http://www.p-cls.com/rlex10002-explorer-swiss-28362-p-8813.html (lower part you have a dropdown where you can hoose for the asian ETA)

I tried to get my order reversed. I mean the eta 2836-2 is a better movement right? Josh told me that the he could not do that. Thats his clock maker does not allow exchange.

Ive got 2 questions for you guys.

- My guts tells me that i should go for the 2836-2 or am i wrong?and should i stick with the 2813

- is it normal that the maker does not allow exchange?

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers,

Marv

Edited by batavus

Wriggles

You've placed your order and paid. Josh has bought your watch from the factory based on your request. Why should he change it now? You should go ahead not change your mind because you saw a different watch you decided you'd prefer to have. If you really want the other one order that as well then sell the one you don't want on M2M once you're eligible.

I don't see why any dealer should accommodate someone changing their kind after the purchase is made

ShovelnTC

I see you are new so most likely new to the rep scene but as said, you have made your choice and need to stick by it. Josh is a dealer but most of the time these guys don't carry inventory so when you order they go and buy the watch from their wholesaler, if you find an obvious fault when viewing the QC pics then that's another story as they can return it to the wholesaler due to the fault but if you just decide to change your mind then they would be left with a watch that they may not sell for awhile.

Having said all of that don't be worried about the movements as you will likely get just as good service from either.

I have swiss ETA, Asian ETA and 21 jewels and haven't had problems with any of them so just go ahead and get the watch you ordered and enjoy!

DG335

The 2813 is bomb proof. I've had more problems with eta failure than the good old Chinese work horse

greg_r

The 2813 will be fine. Yes, the factory will not take the watch back once supplied. This is normal.

batavus

Allright... thxs for the advice.

Gonna keep the watch.

Cheers,

Marv

Rolexwatchman

when it arrives sell it here :D and buy a new one.

that works too

alw

In any case...post some PICTURES when it arrives!

emtp101

Now you have an excuse to buy another one when this one arrives. 2813 movement is a work horse, you'll be happy.

Ilikewaches

You're fine as others have said the 2813 is a beast and the BH one is pretty smooth.

SSTEEL

Don't worry my friend, the movement you have in your rep is not too bad :)