Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Seiko Spacewalk

greg_r

Easy to rep (at least cosmetically), but I can't see too many buyers on the boards for rep Seiko and the usual rep Seiko market probably isn't interested in anything that exclusive...

gran

The spring drive movement in this is what makes it desireable

Movement: Spring Drive Chronograph Caliber 5R86 :kinkythegayviking:

Forget it. This watch can not be replicated.

Why can it not be replicated? Answer: because it has no beat

The movement of the seconds hand is smooth as time itself....even putting a 28.800bph movement into this is gonna give it away....

greg_r

Since when has something like that stopped 'em repping a watch? :kinkythegayviking:

Face it. Most folks don't buy reps for the movement - they buy 'em for the look of the watch, which is why 90% of the market is running 21js.

dingle
Since when has something like that stopped 'em repping a watch? :kinkythegayviking:

Face it. Most folks don't buy reps for the movement - they buy 'em for the look of the watch, which is why 90% of the market is running 21js.

truth he speaks......:r2d4:

oscarmadfish

WOW smooth sweep eat your heart out rolex you look like quartz

gran
Since when has something like that stopped 'em repping a watch? :D

truth he speaks......:D

I know the replicators are crazy and do as they like :D .....but the only thing about this SEIKO making it worth having is the smooth movement of the seconds hand (and chronograph).....it can not be replicated unless you put a tuningfork movement in there

AccutronMech.jpg

Accutron Movement. The tuning fork is between the two electromagnetic coils at the top of the watch, which drive it.The BULOVA tuning fork movement has been discontinued by Bulova, and the current Astronaut model features automatic ETA SA movement, making it similar to the rival Omega :D

Edited by gran

greg_r

Just because YOU think that's why people would buy the watch doesn't mean that's the ONLY reason why people would buy the watch. Space nuts in particular would likely care less about the movement and more about the history of the model.

Don't make the mistake of assuming that everyone who buys watches actually gives a damn about what goes inside.

Personally I wouldn't wear one if you gave it to me, but that's another matter...

gran
Just because YOU think that's why people would buy the watch doesn't mean that's the ONLY reason why people would buy the watch.

Obviously you are correct about this...

I guess I am hoping and parying that would be the only reason :trainwreck:

fakemaster

Gran and Greg are both right. The people who buy the gen do so because of the Spring drive. With out it the Seiko is just another watch. And people buy the rep primarily for looks. And to that I add percieved value. No point in passing off something as gen that is only worth a few hundred bucks (which IS what the majority of these brands cost). Who is that going to impress?

Luthier

$28K for...Seiko??? Are they out of their mind???

I'd better pay $2700 for chinese Fiyta Space Watch.

Almost impossible to find it now, but I'll try.

NewSpacemaster-03.jpg

NewSpacemaster-21.jpg

NewSpacemaster-11.jpg

alistairw

:lmao2:

Mate I agree, $28k for a Seiko.... that's just too F#@kin' much!!!!!!!!!!

For that you'd want a trip to the Moon!

$28K for...Seiko??? Are they out of their mind???

I'd better pay $2700 for chinese Fiyta Space Watch.

Almost impossible to find it now, but I'll try.

NewSpacemaster-03.jpg

NewSpacemaster-21.jpg

NewSpacemaster-11.jpg

gran

CHINA MADE :gday_mate_haveabeer:

jkirke

One of my friends has a Seiko Prospex Marine Master and it's one of the neatest pieces I've ever seen in person. He spent a pretty penny for it (close to 5K), but it's totally worth it. Just like 'oscarmadfish' said "eat your heart out rolex and omega". The sweep is unheard of. Not a 'tick' to be seen. Smoother than a turtle shell.

I dont' know if I'd spend that kind of money on a Seiko, but i'm sure not gonna look down on those that do. Great watches.