Sign in to follow this  
nicknick

Breitling Montbillant Legende on the way

nicknick

Just a few short days after finding this forum I have successfully found and ordered a two tone Legende. As I have gathered from reading here and talking to a few vendors they are very difficult to come by, and Andrew at Trusty Time was only able to find the brown dial for me. I have received and approved the QC pics, so it should be making it's way to me soon. When it arrives, I'll post some pics. I have gathered that the Legende isn't the most popular model here, but I like it's size and design. One of the things I like the most about the Legende is the way the band integrates into the case. Are there any other Breitlings that are close to this size that anyone would suggest I look for aside from the Bentley models? For some reason the shape of the case puts me off on those. Looking forward to adding to my collection...

onzenuub

We wanna see the pics after arrival. :)

Pharmo

well done mate...yep sure am looking forward to pics ;)

trksh-bzr

legende is a really nice rep! I had the black face SS version. I had to mod the bezel, as it turned a little rough. there's a thread on rwi about that mod.

remember to post some pics!

onzenuub
legende is a really nice rep! I had the black face SS version. I had to mod the bezel, as it turned a little rough. there's a thread on rwi about that mod. remember to post some pics!

Tsssssssssssssssssssssssk, don't go to RWI. Just stay here, trksh-bzr is a moderator over there and he will ban you whenever you go to RWI. :D

trksh-bzr
legende is a really nice rep! I had the black face SS version. I had to mod the bezel, as it turned a little rough. there's a thread on rwi about that mod. remember to post some pics!

Tsssssssssssssssssssssssk, don't go to RWI. Just stay here, trksh-bzr is a moderator over there and he will ban you whenever you go to RWI. :D

yes, I will ban him every time he comes to rwi :)

shotgun1

good choice on the watch! I'm after the black dial legende too, but with a black navitimer leather strap...:)

trksh-bzr

good choice on the watch! I'm after the black dial legende too, but with a black navitimer leather strap... :)

I don't think the legende will work with a leather strap. legende has intergrated bracelet/lugs.

shotgun1

good choice on the watch! I'm after the black dial legende too, but with a black navitimer leather strap... :)

I don't think the legende will work with a leather strap. legende has intergrated bracelet/lugs.

I asked Mary/Rochest @ WatchInternational, they said shouldn't be a problem...am torn between that and the Montbrilliant Datora now!

trksh-bzr

Have a look at the lugs on the legende. Totally different than the datora!

I think both watches are beautiful, but at closer inspection, quite different...

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

shotgun1

Have a look at the lugs on the legende. Totally different than the datora!

I think both watches are beautiful, but at closer inspection, quite different...

agree..i guess mary can get what they have in the datora...a version for SS bracelet and without lugs for leather. Will let you know how i get on!

trksh-bzr

You're missing my point. You can buy a legende and a navitimer strap, but you cant put the strap on the legende. If you get a legende that will take a navi strap, then you got a horribly inaccurate version. Like mounting a navistrap on a AP ROO.....

shotgun1

You're missing my point. You can buy a legende and a navitimer strap, but you cant put the strap on the legende. If you get a legende that will take a navi strap, then you got a horribly inaccurate version. Like mounting a navistrap on a AP ROO.....

Sure, I understand what your saying. Sorry for not being clearer: im merely saying WatchInternational have told me via email they can get it with a black leather strap if i want it like that. Your right it wont be anything like the original, I personally prefer leather when it comes to Breitling watches. I'm gona go for the Datora in any case :)

nicknick

Shotgun, I think there was some miscommunication there on the Legende being able to accept a leather strap. That just wouldn't work. I think either Mary misunderstood what you were asking for, or you misunderstood what she would be able to get for you. Take a look at the back side of the watch and you will see why. If you want a leather strap you are going to have to go with the Datora. The other big difference between the two is the case size. Datora is smaller by several mm. I went with the Legende for these two specific reasons, wanted a larger case size and love the integrated metal band. Good luck with your search.

Rolexwatchman

This is the Legende 01....

image.jpg

PeteM

The Montbrillant Legende 47mm as said has intergrated bracelet so a strap change is not possible without machining.... I have just picked up 2 after a long search...

Like the OP I started searching for these a few months back.... but they are no longer made...I too was offered the last stock of brown TT dial versions...this is all the maker has left..I missed out on the last black dial TT by 24 hrs :) I have also had a mate search the wholesalers in GZ etc but without any joy plus the usual contacting every dealer I know in case they might have one in stock..only Angus did..and that was brown TT !!

So i had to go on forum searches and want to buys.... as I really didnt want the TT version (unless there was no other option) mainly because the RG is wrong tone but I doubt most would notice plus a few other things...but overall they are nice reps...

Of course with them all the obvious flaw is teh sunken DW...(though this can be modded) plus the Date Window is too close to the type face... my 2 legendes are off for some mods :)

I managed to source a brown dial SS from US member on RG and a White dial SS from a UK member on RWI :)..... So i am glad I waited and didnt get the TT :) I also managed to source an extra bracelet as I have big wrists and these bracelets are notoriously small.. :(

As for this model...the maker is not making them anymore .... thats the bad news.... BUT the better news is that a new version of the GMT World 46mm is being made by another maker, a maker who is well known and respected for producing some great reps OTB of late so this new version will be much better than the other version available from the other maker ...this of course had SR, AR Crystal issues etc etc. You can still buy these 46 mm Lings from dealers...

So you can expect to see a new World GMT 46mm around Xmas time...according to my last update. I was told it was to be a much improved version with correct ling AR and no Sunken but I wont hold my breath...but knowing the maker I am sure it will be good :)

It might follow that the Legende could follow from that new maker but its not planned at the moment...

If you like the 47mm Legende dont bother with the Datora etc ...they are too small for bigger wrists.... the only other decent size is that World :)

nicknick

I could be wrong, but I think the watch pictured above on the strap is referred to as the Montbrillant 01- 40mm case, the Montbrillant Datora is a different model - 43mm case, and the Montbrillant Legende is the largest of the variations and is also referred to on the Breitling website as the Montbrillant 47. I've never seen anything but the 47mm model referred to as the Legende, but again I might be wrong about that. Pete, I wanted the two tone specifically as the gen that I just sold was also two tone yellow gold (Breitling Antares - used to love it until I started wearing 50mm watches, then it just looked like a girl's watch to me), so I was glad that the gold on the Legende was not rose gold. I don't really care so much if it's 100% authentic for this particular watch. As this will be watch #12 in my collection that I wear regularly, I am not too worried about the finish wearing too quickly. Great news about the new World coming out soon. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one as it was my other choice for my first purchase in the rep world. I'm having such fun reading and learning here.

scorpion

The Montbrillant Legende was renamed to the Montbrillant 47 and made a limited edition in 2012.

montbrillant_legende_01.jpg

http://www.breitling...illant_138.html

See its true.....Onze knows everything :giggle:

PeteM

The Montbrillant Legende was renamed to the Montbrillant 47 and made a limited edition in 2012.

Thats picture relates to the old model mate.... in terms of the picture that is a Montbrillant Legende

The Legende 47 was released in 2012 as an update to the Montbrillant Legende...it is a Special Edition with a three subdial arrangement and DW at 4.... the case is also engraved with the serial number..

The Legendes we have available are all based on the 2008 model.... The Legende 47 is not repped... not yet anyway :)

This is a Legende 47

fullfrontal_zps90db7565.jpg

case1i_zpsa11ae49a.jpgcasebacks_zpsc3d8aaa9.jpg

Edited by PeteM

onzenuub

Thats picture relates to the old model mate.... in terms of the picture that is a Montbrillant Legende

The Legende 47 was released in 2012 as an update to the Montbrillant Legende...it is a Special Edition with a three subdial arrangement and DW at 4.... the case is also engraved with the serial number..

The Legendes we have available are all based on the 2008 model.... The Legende 47 is not repped... not yet anyway :)

This is a Legende 47

fullfrontal_zps90db7565.jpg

case1i_zpsa11ae49a.jpgcasebacks_zpsc3d8aaa9.jpg

And this is a Montbrillant Legende (one of the first.

bml1gs0.jpg

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/89368-breitling-montbrillant-legende/

http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/89368-breitling-montbrillant-legende/

onzenuub

Press release Breitling july 2007:

Breitling has finally provided press photos for the new Montbrillant Legende. This model is set to replace the current Navitimer Heritage model which is smaller at 43mm. The Montbrillant Legende will be an imposing 47mm, with an integrated bracelet. This model might have to make it’s way into my collection, as I was eyeing the Heritage before, and also the world. I love the 2 subdial layout with the 6 o’clock date window. Powered by the Breitling Caliber 23 movement, the same one that is in the standard Navitimer model, this model will sure to be a hit!

Available in a variety of case combinations, with 3 dial colors: Silver, Black and Bronze. Silver will be on my wishlist.

Movement: Breitling 23

Diameter: 47mm

Pictures that came with the press release

legendb1.jpg

legendb2.jpg

So, I do believe it is a Breitling Montbrillant Legende. :lol:

PeteM

I never said it wasnt .... I havent said that in the whole thread.... I am well aware of what a Montbrillant Legende is ...and I havent suggested otherwise.

My point which you have missed mate is that your reference to the Montbrillant Legende changing its name was that it also changed its design....

You really need to read what I wrote.... rather than just trying to be clever....

Edited by PeteM

nicknick

Well crap. Didn't want one of my first posts here to turn into a pissing contest. I think we are all in agreement what the Legende looks like and that it has been available as a rep although getting scarce, that the 47 is a slightly different design released in 2012 and not yet available as a rep, and the big one here - no Legende was ever available with a leather strap because it's not possible due to the design of the watch. That would have to be an 01 or a Datora, both of which are smaller. I'll post plenty of pics of my example when it gets here.