Sign in to follow this  
nicknick

Breitling Montbillant Legende on the way

nicknick

Watch is through customs in San Francisco and processing through USPS. Should be here sometime next week!

nicknick

IMG_0598_zpsa6d17475.jpg

And it's here. Arrived at the door early this morning. Tracking said that is was still in San Francisco last night, so I was a little surprised. I've gotten the bracelet sized. Very happy with the first purchase.

onzenuub

IMG_0598_zpsa6d17475.jpg

And it's here. Arrived at the door early this morning. Tracking said that is was still in San Francisco last night, so I was a little surprised. I've gotten the bracelet sized. Very happy with the first purchase.

So it's the model like I said it would be and it looks great, congrats and have fun wearing it.

nicknick

Yep, very pleased and just what I was expecting. I have a question on the band you might be able to answer. If I tighten the screws all the way the band has no give or play. I had to back the screws off a little so that the band would move. I'm just afraid they will back out and fall off since they aren't snug. Should I use a touch of lock-tight on them or some other trick I haven't come across? I took a pic of the lug to demonstrate why the legend can't be put on a leather band while I was sizing the band. Might post it on the other thread to clear that up.

onzenuub

Allways use locktight on the screws of your reps. Otherwise you can wait for trouble.

nicknick

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

trksh-bzr

Mine was really rugged in the joints when i Got it.

Take the bracelet off the watch. Rinse it carefully with a brush, dry it, and Oil it REAL good. Then watch a moviestar while Worning it joint by joint. Repeat.

Mine turned out great.

nicknick

Thanks, I'll try that. I soaked the bracelet in wd-40 when I had it of the case for sizing, but i found that the links wouldn't budge if I tightened the screws all the way down when reassembling everything. Were you able to tighten the screws all of the way and still work it to the point that it was flexible?

shotgun1

Yep, very pleased and just what I was expecting. I have a question on the band you might be able to answer. If I tighten the screws all the way the band has no give or play. I had to back the screws off a little so that the band would move. I'm just afraid they will back out and fall off since they aren't snug. Should I use a touch of lock-tight on them or some other trick I haven't come across? I took a pic of the lug to demonstrate why the legend can't be put on a leather band while I was sizing the band. Might post it on the other thread to clear that up.

i think your missing the point altogether mate, i think everyone on here understands an integrated bracelet. My point was the possibility of having a version of the Breitling that resembled the legende and allowed a leather strap and I believe I've already cleared that up by posting a couple of links with 100% genuine pieces that look like the legende and take a leather strap. Please feel free to take a look at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breitling-Navitimer-Montbrillant-Edition-Handaufzug-Ref-A48330-2006-/190858639155?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item2c700fb733

nicknick

No, I understand that quite well. All the Monbrillants are similar in design, but only the Legende or 47 is this large which was one of my primary search criteria. If you want the size, you are going to get the bracelet. Not really anything to get worked up about.

shotgun1

No, I understand that quite well. All the Monbrillants are similar in design, but only the Legende or 47 is this large which was one of my primary search criteria. If you want the size, you are going to get the bracelet. Not really anything to get worked up about.

peace, its a super watch...u made a great purchase! :)

trksh-bzr

can you get that with a leather strap? :rofl: ok, let's lt that rest :) really a nice watch.

nicknick

Thanks, Shotgun. Did you decide on one yet? My experience with Andrew at Trusty Time was great. Very quick response to emails and just one week turn around from order to receipt. I'm already trying to decide what I want to purchase next. My taste runs to large, unique watches so I'm thinking Hysek or Ulysse Nardin.

shotgun1

can you get that with a leather strap? :rofl: ok, let's lt that rest :) really a nice watch.

why not click the link? lack of grey matter perhaps :rofl:...ok, let's lt that rest :) really a nice watch

shotgun1

Thanks, Shotgun. Did you decide on one yet? My experience with Andrew at Trusty Time was great. Very quick response to emails and just one week turn around from order to receipt. I'm already trying to decide what I want to purchase next. My taste runs to large, unique watches so I'm thinking Hysek or Ulysse Nardin.

hey nick, I was torn between the datora and legende...watch i really wanted was the navitimer but was put off by the sunken date wheel on a rep more than anything...

but recently a genuine navitimer b01 came up for sale nearby which ive agreed everything for and hope to collect tomorrow morning.

nicknick

Well, having had such a great experience with Andrew, I've already ordered another watch from him. Super Abyss on the way soon!