Sign in to follow this  
Silverspeed

Audemars Piquet Royal Oak RBII Titanium

Silverspeed

The Audemars Piquet Royal Oak RBII Titanium on a Strapluxe alligator strap.....

The combination of a brushed titanium case with a polished ceramic bezel makes it

look so damn pretty on a good strap....

IMG_4611kopie.png

IMG_4614kopie.png

IMG_4613kopie.png

IMG_4618kopie.png

houndoggie

really awesome pics! any on your wrist?

DeepDiver73

is there a support group to help newbie's that are developing an addiction??? :( nice watch!!

Silverspeed

On the wrist..but different strap

DSC02228kopie.jpg

greg_r
is there a support group to help newbie's that are developing an addiction??? :gday_mate_haveabeer: nice watch!!

Yes. That's what this place is :Whistle:

gran

It is an awsome looking watch :gday_mate_haveabeer:

GC

yadyadyad...you just keep tempting me don't ya SS...think I'm gonna crack under the pressure a buy one...right?... well...

darn you...and your beautiful pics....

Oh lord...what was that noise?... uh oh! It was the sound of my will power being shattered...

I hate you!

btw: I luv ya man, and those pics are to die for!

Luthier

How's seconds @12 behave?

Jannis76

Hello guys,

I am new at the forum and I am really impressed by the amount of information you offer! It's really helpfull to get some advice on the wide field of rep watches. Many thanks for that! :D

I am looking after an AP ROO Barrichello II in titanium, I visited the websites of the trusted seller list and found several Barrichellos, but I am not sure which one I should take. So my question is, if anybody has some good experiences with the watch I am looking for? Any tips?

@ Silverspeed, yours looks realy awesome!!

Many thanks again!

Jannis 76

Silverspeed

Welcome to RWG Jannis

The AP ROO sec@12 is one of my favourite reps...but there're a few things to consider.

The factories use an Asian 7750 chrono movement in these, they modified the seconds out put from

the 9 postition to the 12 position as per gen. In order to get the seconds @12 extra gears are placed.

This modification has not made the movement more reliable and there have been a some reports, mostly in the beginning, of movement failures. The extra gears can cause drag and the extra friction can make the movement stop...usually it starts with a choppy second hand.

The latest AP ROO's secs@12 seem to be better and many of them seem to have an extra jewel placed in the seconds gear to reduce the friction. There is a way to further improve the reliability of this movement, Francisco, a modder here on RWG, has polished the plate on which the seconds gear runs to reduce friction.

An alternative is the AP ROO with a quartz movement, this one is less accurate (faux chronos and not the seconds at 12) but is very reliable and some models seem to have the same case and construction as the much more expensive sec@12 models.

Many of our trusted dealers here sell the AP ROO sec@12 models and since there are not many factories that makes these they will all be the same...so best to get it from a dealer which you are most comfortable with.

Jannis76

Many thanks for the very detailed answer Silverspeed!!

So I will go for one from the trusted dealer list! I will let you konow how it worked out!

Thanks a lot!

Regards to everybody...

Jannis76

k3rm87

Love the ceramic and titanium combo, arghhhh these are slowly growing on me..

nunu78

Nice watch SilverS,I luv to have it but sadly I'm broke at the moment.:D

Edited by nunu78

Grymes

DSC02228kopie.jpg

Old strap :D . New strap :D .

The light stitching on the new croc strap really sets it off. Excellent choice!

fijishams

When I first saw the RO's a while back I thought what the hell kinda luxury watch is that? It didn't follow the grain and looked like it belonged in the 80's.

But my God have they grown on me or what recently. That one pictured in this thread is absolutely stunning. The detail is superb, congratulations on your purchase Silverspeed, you must be really happy huh? As I said, all of a sudden my opinion of these has swung and I keep thinking how I must get one of these in my collection (which btw is currently at 0, stiiiiiiill a little hesitant to take the plunge with reps, dunno why, maybe risk of addiction???).

baruch
Many thanks for the very detailed answer Silverspeed!!

So I will go for one from the trusted dealer list! I will let you konow how it worked out!

Thanks a lot!

Regards to everybody...

Jannis76

hhh

Edited by baruch

riotoronto

DSC02228kopie.jpg

Hi, where did you source that amazing strap? I need one of these ASAP (: