Sign in to follow this  
Khronos

Why oh why..

Khronos

is life sometimes so unfair and complicated? What can I do if I love watches and think about them all the time? I could do something about not being able to afford the ones I really like, but I guess I'm to dumb to think of a way of getting loads of cash plus I live in a really fu#&ed up country with REALLY limited options and possibilities. My beloved country ( Slovenia ) and EU in general plays a major role in my problem - nobody wants to sell me a goddamn Seiko. I'd like to have a baby tuna SRP227 and no seller will ship it to EU. I tried Amazon, tried Skywatches and dozens of others on the "bay" and they just won't, because Seiko has a strict policy about shipping watches to EU. So if anyone knows a source who would be willing to sell me this watch for a reasonable price ( Skywatches sells them for 210$ ), I 'd be very grateful for any useful information..so I can get on with ordering an SS shroud from Yobokies :-)

Edited by thrn

SSTEEL

First I have heard about this so called, Seiko non-EU policy mate.

greg_r

Yeah, some models are only supposed to be sold in Asia and the US. I had to have my LE blue monster transshipped by a family member in the states for that reason.

Some suppliers will sell 'em to the EU anyhow (Creationwatches being one such, but there are Amazon affiliates that will as well). The only issue is whether they have the model you want in stock.

Mazz

Try watches88

Khronos

Watches88 don't have it in stock, plus they have insane prices for certain models, including limited edition baby tuna SRP 453. I have contacted Amazon marketplace sellers about other possibilities outside Amazon, but no reply so far ( Crystal Gems and Global time ). People at Creationwatches are very cooperative and all, but the watch is OOS there, as well as Mywatcheshub, who have pretty reasonable prices. My seller of choice would be Skywatches, they have it in stock for a great price, but they're firm with their policies..which I think are silly, all it takes is just pack the thing in a box and take it to the post office, they don't have to report to Seiko for every single watch they sell, I presume..I have no one to transship it to me, so I guess I'm pretty much stuck, unless I find one on WUS if it pops up any time soon.

seclark007

Chrono24?

Khronos

Yeah, been there, nothing at the moment...

Khronos

I guess I'll go for the white Stargate SKZ323 then ( Mywatcheshub will ship it to me ), seems like a nice chunk of steel too. I haven't seen any of these in person though, Seiko is not very present on our market. I saw the so called Monster once and it didn't strike me as a particulary monstruous watch, but I did have the Ploprof at that time, so it seemed like some kid's watch..Are the Stargate and baby Tuna in the same league as the Monster or do they have a greater wrist presence? ( pls excuse my English, can't find proper words sometimes, especially when excited :-) )

Khronos

They don't have this one..And it's not even a JDM, there's just nobody willing to ship it to EU. I got answers from both sellers from Amazon marketplace and they won't do it, so that's pretty much it for now..damn..

James.

Ebizzel

Mazz

Tried bluedial ?

Khronos

Yeah, I did, they don't have it.

@halcyon: I'm having trouble finding SRP227 A.K.A. Baby Tuna. I can get the Stargate with no problem at all.

Khronos

Is this one you look for?

http://item.rakuten....right/skz323k1/

I think $210 is a good price for this watch.

Just tried to order from them and they only fuckin' ship to Japan.. :death star:

TT88

never bought from skywatches before though, if they are real sellers, I might be able to help, if you trust me. :lol:

sci2

I have a crate of Seiko watches worth $6 million American dollars. Unfortunately, due to customs issues, I am unable to sell these watches. All I am able to do is send them out for custodianship. If you send me a money order for $10,000 American dollars, I will forward you this crate and maybe we can do business. Please reply with your banking information, address, DNA sequencing and blood type. ;)

Seriously - Sorry about the crappy policy. I'd suggest keeping an eye on member sales at WUS, PMWF, seikoforums, etc. These seikos go up for sale constantly. You might find the one you want there and a seller willing to ship to you?

Khronos

never bought from skywatches before though, if they are real sellers, I might be able to help, if you trust me. :lol:

Skywatches is a well known seller for Seiko watches. Any help will be very welcome, but it's out of stock there too right now.. :sad: What did you have in mind?

Khronos

I have a crate of Seiko watches worth $6 million American dollars. Unfortunately, due to customs issues, I am unable to sell these watches. All I am able to do is send them out for custodianship. If you send me a money order for $10,000 American dollars, I will forward you this crate and maybe we can do business. Please reply with your banking information, address, DNA sequencing and blood type. ;)

Seriously - Sorry about the crappy policy. I'd suggest keeping an eye on member sales at WUS, PMWF, seikoforums, etc. These seikos go up for sale constantly. You might find the one you want there and a seller willing to ship to you?

:)

I spend every single available minute on WUS, Chrono24, etc., etc...It's sad though that you can't buy something in this day and age, just because you live in a wrong country..reminds me of the good old days..history repeating, I guess..And the funny thing is, it's not even available in EU, so there's no cause for Seiko to be afraid of competition from Asia..

TT88

Skywatches is a well known seller for Seiko watches. Any help will be very welcome, but it's out of stock there too right now.. :sad: What did you have in mind?

I'm from sg. If You can get them to send to me, I'll send it to you!

Khronos

Great! I'll contact them and see if they can do it!

halcyon

@halcyon: I'm having trouble finding SRP227 A.K.A. Baby Tuna. I can get the Stargate with no problem at all.

Sorry, I misread your post. :-(

Anyway, I'm living in Japan. Maybe I can help with you to buy SEIKO watch.

TT88

Seiko right from Japan! That's even better! :clap:

maybe many guys will be coming to you for japan limited editions. :hehehe:

Khronos

No problem at all. I'll gladly accept any help I can get, I love these Seikos :-)