Sign in to follow this  
Poor Lannister

First rep, Carrera Calibre 36 from TSWatch

Poor Lannister

Hi all!

I just bought my first rep... Now i’m scrwd...

First i would like to say thanks for all the excellent information and reviews on this forum. I’m very happy to have found this place right before i was about to order from a scam-seller.

After i decided i needed a new watch i started looking online for some inspiration. My old watch is a $100 Pulsar which i’ve worn for like 5 years. Its totally beat up, scratches all over the glass and steel strap, even some of the hands of the smaller clock-thingys fell off and sometimes get stuck under the hour hand. I wanted something bigger for my bulky arms, something stylish and sophisticated looking but with class so i could wear it to clients and show some good taste ;)

Spending some time online it quickly came to light i wasn’t going to get ‘that’ with a genuine brand $100 watch... Somewhere along the way i found a link to some TAG watches with prices.. No way, not in ($)9000 years.. But those were some fine lookin’ watches. Long but interesting story short, found some (scam-)replica web shops and started looking for my new baby. Cautious as i am shopping online i found these forums looking for feedback about that store. Signed up and learned ‘the truth’.. Decided to trust you guys and the trusted dealers list.. So glad i did!

After reading a dozen of general threads and those about my favorite Tag, the Carrera Calibre 36 i decided to order it from TSWatchltd. This is the one i ordered (he personally recommended this version a couple of time on these forums):

http://www.tswatchlt...hronograph.html

And here she is! Damn sexy!

Calibre36_01.jpg

Calibre36_02.jpg

Calibre36_03.jpg

Calibre36_04.jpg

(iPhone 4S pictures. Sorry for dusty straps, hard to clean)

First impression

Whats that smell? Hahaha the rubber strap has a strong scent to it.. (still has). But no, that was not my first impression. “Saweeeeeeet!” was more like it. Perfect size, awesome look, cool but elegant and a nice finish. Doesn’t look like a cheap replica but what do i know? Every function works. Overall i’m very excited and so far exceeded my expectations!

TSWatch and shipping

Like i said, i found TSWatch on the trusted dealers list and liked the line-up and prices. Just like some other dealers there is EU shipping service available and thought to give it a try.

- Ordered and payed by CC on 2013-08-19 (yes the whole wedding store thing is valid)

- Shipped (to UK) 2013-08-19

- Received (Holland) 2013-09-03

A. Awesome service, fast shipping, prefect packaging!

B. Would’ve like TrackTrace from UK to EU shipping though.

Conclusion

Very happy to have found this place, since joining i’m looking around these forum every day for my next precious. As i said, i’m scrwd, this stuff is addictive, I wont say you people haven't warned me..

Paying $75 shipping (with EU service) on a $130 watch made me realize i should’ve bought 2 watches. Unfortunately, when i ordered it, i thought having 1 watch will be sufficient..

When reading along this forums i encountered many times people make a big deal out of someones first post... Hope i won’t get flamed..!

Regards!

Edited by Poor Lannister

Herzog Heinrich XVII

Need to remove packaging pics. Other than that enjoy!

core

Awesome watch! I have the exact same watch incoming from Timeshops as well. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Duzza

I'd recommend you delete those shots of the packaging ASAP.

Poor Lannister

Okay, my bad, just would've like to show people what i would like to have seen before i ordered.

Admin, please remove these posts about the packaging pics. (including this one)

anjunabeats

Does the plates move? Seconds one on the right?

Poor Lannister

Plate? "1/10th sec. precision"?

Yes all 3 plates rotate simultaneously with top left knob.

OLDBLOKE74

Take care .

More than one watch in a package attracts more customs attention in my experience - maybe scanning I don't know.

SSTEEL

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your experience with TS, this should help any newbies wondering whether or not to buy from them.

Poor Lannister

Could someone please tell me what the 'indicator' at the 9 o'clock position means? Some sort of power indicator? It has been going up since the day i got it.. Hope it doens't explode and blows off my hand when it reaches the top..

Soopah Spy

That indicator is likely a Power Reserve, which you do not normally see working on a Quartz watch. Interesting. (On an automatic self-winding watch, the Power Reserve indicates how much mainspring power is remaining before the watch stops running. When it gets low, you either wear it, or wind it.)

simmy

Think this is the same as mine :)

i love mine apart from one of the pins has broken in the strap locking mech so i cant wear it at the mo :(

core

Could someone please tell me what the 'indicator' at the 9 o'clock position means? Some sort of power indicator? It has been going up since the day i got it.. Hope it doens't explode and blows off my hand when it reaches the top..

On the gen and 7750 rep version, the 9 sub-dial shows the "Linear" seconds.

On the quartz version, the 9 sub-dial shows the chronograph minutes:

0 - 19: Red

20 - 39: Black

40 - 59: Black

Black Diamond

Amazing pics & NIce lookin watch you have there, but I'm somewhat biased ;)

20130817_165955_zpsf8ecc2de.jpg

And as you mentioned the strap has a gorgeous scent and is ridiculously comfortable. I adooore this watch :)

TheInthusiest

So many watches so little time :D

bigphill911

love the look of this tag makes me want to order one

plankton

Nice watch, yes now you have the issue as well.

16plus4v

Sweet watch. How does the black coating hold up on these, long term?

Edited by 16plus4v