Sign in to follow this  
sfa437

Ploprof Crystal

gran

Would it be an idea to have our dealers perform a waterbath of Ploprof (Crystal) prior to shippment?

Lets say 30 minutes in a fishtank then wait 3 days and if no issues...

AustinTech
Would it be an idea to have our dealers perform a waterbath of Ploprof (Crystal) prior to shippment?

Yeah, they'll do that.

:)

These are the same guys who say "waterproof" and "swiss movement" and "I never drop-ship"

Silverspeed

Yeah, they'll do that.

These are the same guys who say "waterproof" and "swiss movement" and "I never drop-ship"

they would certainly charge you for it....

gran

Yeah, they'll do that.

Damn and I had it al solved... :)

houndoggie

Interesting response from Josh:

I emailed:

Josh,

I have received my Omega Ploprof and so far haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't got it wet either. I am sure you are aware that many people who have received their Ploprofs are having issues with the crystal delaminating when any water gets near the watch. Apparently, the crystal is a made of a mineral glass half and a sapphire half and the glue used to bond the halves is either defective and/or water soluble. Since this is a major defect by the factories, how do you plan to address these problems?

-Mike aka houndoggie on repgeek.

His replies:

Hi,

There is no problem with the watch .. It is not a defect.. the watch is made in this manner to cut cost ..and made the rep affordable..

Many watches are made in this manner.. It has been around for years.. The forum is simply blowing things out of proportion.

Thanks

joshua

and

Hi,

Also .. Todate I have move out about 80 pcs of this watch .. I only 2 compliants on the clasp and 2 compliants on the crystal.

The figures is not alarming .. Read the forum with a pinch of salt .. A lot of them talks and condemn watches.. In actutal fact . they don't even own the watch at all !!

thanks

joshua

offshore

Someone please tell me he's kidding!

O/S

Baldrick

Buy the genuine, that's why they charge £5.5k for it, not $200+buxx :D

sfa437

:rofl:

Not a big issue? I've got 13 people whose crystals have delaminated. Out of a total production run it might be a small issue but I'll sure as hell say that if your crystal starts coming apart it isn't a small issue anymore.

R2D4

LMAO, Yeah Josh your probably right. I bet you have a "New, One, Piece Crystal" V2 coming out next and you charge more for it. Pinch of loaf R2 smells...:rofl:

Baldrick

I think you'll find that Josh has to take what comes from the factory just the same as you or I do, I wouldn't go working on the assumption that Jandrew are buying up gens and passing them to the factories for 1:1 replication, control of V2 / V3 stock will be largely dictated by two things, demand and desire on the part of factories to make a better product in order to charge more for it, so no point in apportioning blame to Josh, the factory that is making Ploprofs will change if there are too many returns, the problem now with the PP is that there is a growing proliferation all over BKK and elsewhere, so these won't progress to the real;ms of super reps! :rofl:

trailboss99

No one's appointing blame Balders but to say it's not a big issue is total BS.

Some of these guys just got a few spots of rain on the things.

There is no way I'd be buying a laminated crystal PP, who in their right mind would?

Especially since there is a 8 dollar more expensive solid version out there somewhere.

As for the buying of gens and passing them on, that's their own claim.

Col.

KBH

My guess is that making a solid sapphire crystal that thick is way more expensive than your basic sapphire thickness and not cost effective for reps.

Laminated crystals have been around for a while and I'm sure there must be a way to make them more water resistant.

trailboss99

There is, if you use the correct adhesive.

More expensive? Yup, eight bucks apparently.

Col.

R2D4
I think you'll find that Josh has to take what comes from the factory just the same as you or I do, I wouldn't go working on the assumption that Jandrew are buying up gens and passing them to the factories for 1:1 replication, control of V2 / V3 stock will be largely dictated by two things, demand and desire on the part of factories to make a better product in order to charge more for it, so no point in apportioning blame to Josh, the factory that is making Ploprofs will change if there are too many returns, the problem now with the PP is that there is a growing proliferation all over BKK and elsewhere, so these won't progress to the real;ms of super reps! :thumbsup:

No one's appointing blame Balders but to say it's not a big issue is total BS.

Some of these guys just got a few spots of rain on the things.

There is no way I'd be buying a laminated crystal PP, who in their right mind would?

Especially since there is a 8 dollar more expensive solid version out there somewhere.

As for the buying of gens and passing them on, that's their own claim.

Col.

What TB said.

I was scoffing at the fact he is saying it's not a big issue. When the next version does come out, that very change would be emphasized or "made a big issue" of on his sale no doubt.

sfa437

This wouldnt be a big deal at all if the proper adhesive would have been used.

I'm not laying the blame at Josh, Andrew or Toro's feet- they go by factory descriptions. Hopefully this will get them to inspect products prior to issuing them for sale.

Baldrick

I wasn't saying it isn't a big issue, it is to those who bought one, my point was that now there are so many of them, the factories may take a different view from you or I, what we perhaps perceived as a possible new super rep, they may see as just another big watch a la U-boat / B&R / Hublot which are seen all over Asia now, given their propensity to squeeze every renmimbi out of a production run, they might not change anything about them, then again they may :)

sfa437

Wasn't looking at you saying it wasn't a big deal- just commenting on the general "It's not a big deal" response from Josh.

trailboss99

Right, glad that's all cleared up. Now, if the RWG mutual admiration society is finished, where the hell were we? :lol:

Oh yeah, disintegrating plop-plops. Apparently the crystal issue is being addressed (a solid version is available but none of the dealers bought it) and they are also looking at making the bezel catch functional. No word on the happy feet how ever. They need to leave something for V3!

ReplicaMake over next door at RWI is trying to source the solid crystal model as we speak.

Col.

sfa437
ReplicaMake over next door at RWI is trying to source the solid crystal model as we speak.

Col.

اذا كان الله هو على استعداد

JoeyB

Col.

اذا كان الله هو على استعداد

Persian? :bcake:

digger2

Hi!

I have not read all posts about this matter so I try a short cut.

Is there a solid crystal available somewhere now and in that case where?

(I have noticed the new versions with solid 5mm)

trailboss99

Short answer, no, not yet.

Col.