Sign in to follow this  
scorpion

Breitling B01 Chronomat review + pics

scorpion

My rep B01arrived today on a M2M sale from Sweden. Time for a quick review......

The B01 was renamed Chronomat 01 and then renamed again to Chronomat 44.The 44 is misleading as its actually 43.5mm across the bezel / case. The gen was the first model to use the B01 in-house movement introduced from 2009. Mine has a utlra accurate super duper Quartz one thought its hardly noticeable as the running seconds hand is on a small sub dial. I must say the quality of this rep is great and a lot better than I expected, the pushers and crown are all screw down and feel very good. The Bezel moves perfectly with no slop at all. The bracelet is also high quality but needed a slight adjustment as it was stiff to open and close. There is even some decent lume on the hands and at 4 points on the dial plus pearl. The Roman Numerals give it a different look to other versions, very classy.

It wears similar to a SOSF i.e. not overly big but still quite chunky looking but with a more classy upmarket look than the sporty SOSF. This is more boardroom than jet-ski or diver.

On to some pics:-

Jessie my trusty Staffie always does my PDI (pre deliver inspections)

Breitling%20B01%20(1).jpg

Jessie approves it.....2 paws = passed

Breitling%20B01%20(2).JPG

Yep she has good taste...............

Breitling%20B01%20(3).jpg

Breitling%20B01%20(4).JPG

Breitling%20B01%20(5).JPG

Breitling%20b01%20(6).JPG

I also have a fantasy 47mm version...here is the PDI shot. After she gave it the 2 paws pass then the sniff test is done to check for pubes in the movement or case. This one was clear :giggle:

BREITLING CHRONOMAT %2B Jessie.JPG

I know have 9 Breitlings and have entered professional therapy to help my addiction which has enabled me to sell one of them. Just need one more as 10 is a good round number....I can stop at any time....honest.

1%20jump-happy.gif

DISCLAIMER:

Mechwarrior

Bert power!!!!

onzenuub

Send all 9 to me. I will help you to end this.

conx

:thumbsup:

Spot on Scorp. Enjoy it.

scorpion

Send all 9 to me. I will help you to end this.

No Onze you need to send me one of your Breitlings to help me reach 10 - I will accept a gen or rep but no pubes, Jessie will check them.

onzenuub

Dammit. :D

scorpion

Dammit. :D

Who is Dammit...is he Amits long lost brother from another mother?

1 laught.gif

SSTEEL

Thanks for the write up, and info, I love the stick dial model black/black but cannot find it in rep form, just the Roman dial.

Nice Staffy mate, miss my old girl RIP :(

kamma

Great looking watch you have there, what other Breitlings have you then? Any chance of a group shot.

scorpion

Great looking watch you have there, what other Breitlings have you then? Any chance of a group shot.

Must do a new current group shot, one below is out now of date but shows a few.....

Breitling collection (Large) (1).jpg

ronin007

Wow,lovely watch mine says helloE5B597D0_zpsae299197.jpg

scorpion

Wow,lovely watch mine says helloE5B597D0_zpsae299197.jpg

No damit Ronin, now I want a white one as well - that looks great, A7750 version I take it due to wide spacing of sub dials?

ronin007

7750,yep,Toro found it for me,put it on the gen leather,looks even better in real life

nicknick

Sorry, a little late to join this topic. I've been looking for a B01, but all of the reviews I have read here mentioned the misspelled "Cerifie" on the dial. I noticed that both of the examples pictured here have the correct "Certifie". Is this an early flaw that was later corrected? I'd really like to get this as my next watch, but that glaring error has put me off a little. I have been looking at the two tone yellow gold and stainless version. Any information would be appreciated.

scorpion

I was not aware of a misspelling issue and both of my versions seem to be correct - below is the 47mm black with white subdials....

Breitling Chronomat Macros (1) (Large).JPG

Breitling Chronomat (Large).JPG

The fact I have 2 cheap ones that are both ok + the high end one posted here is also ok suggests if its an issue it was a while ago and they have sorted it. Mind you its so small would you really notice? I definitely recommend these models but then I am a Breitling addict :giggle: an also suggest you buy a SOSF, Avenger, Super Avenger, and a Chronospace or 2!

nicknick

I'm a Breitling addict, too and want most of those you just listed. GIve me time... I went back and checked out some of the TD pics and some of the watches pictured have the correct spelling and some have the missing T. Here is a link to one of the reviews I referenced. My First Breitling, a B01 also from Robert - RWG: REPLICA ...

I've now come across several reviews that have the correctly spelled dial, so maybe it was an early mistake that was corrected. I'll make sure I closely review the QC pics when the time comes.

Judas

Nice watches, I've got that last one and I love it. Runs perfect and looks great.

Breitling ruuuls.

I'm looking for a good clone of the Unitime, any recomendations?

I've already bought one, but it didnt have the unitime function, only the design...