Sign in to follow this  
Koukla

What does it mean when...

Koukla

On a trusted dealer website you see a watch that you like and above the

Watch it says " made with genuine watch, completely dissected!! 1:1 exact dimensions. Completely interchangeable. Movement is per the same model as genuine, perfect gift for loved ones!! "

Is it a marketing ploy, or are they that confident in that watch? Because I only see that written on certain models.

LightGeek

1. What do you think it means?

2. What do you REALLY think it means?

3. Yep, you're probably right.

:giggle:

trailboss99

It means that the factory went out and purchased the gen watch, pulled it apart, measured it up and still got shit wrong on the rep.

It's going to be a better than average rep but it still won't be perfect.

Realism

It means that the factory went out and purchased the gen watch, pulled it apart, measured it up and still got shit wrong on the rep.

:giggle:

nygiants

:rofl:

nunu78

+1Million

Koukla

Ok, lol. I've also seen them write on a particular model "this model is using genuine over run case sets and bracelets!btge movement is same specs and model as genuine!" Is that also bullshit?? Lol!

This is on trusty times website.

Realism

Ok, lol. I've also seen them write on a particular model "this model is using genuine over run case sets and bracelets!btge movement is same specs and model as genuine!" Is that also bullshit?? Lol!

answered on post #3... reading is hard these days

Koukla

I didn't understand what the over run case sets meant, obviously reading is hard these days for you as well

fatarms

I didn't understand what the over run case sets meant, obviously reading is hard these days for you as well

Probably that they measured the case dimensions and tried to replicate them as best they could, sometimes it gets lost in translation from Chinese to English.

Bash64

That one is just a lie. they are claiming that they somehow got a hold of genuine case sets from too large a production run and are using them for their reps. Nope. No way. There will never be any gen case sets used in the rep world. Everything is repped. No gen anything.

Koukla

That's what I figured, just though since he was a trusted dealer that maybe it meant something else

greg_r

That one is just a lie. they are claiming that they somehow got a hold of genuine case sets from too large a production run and are using them for their reps. Nope. No way. There will never be any gen case sets used in the rep world. Everything is repped. No gen anything.

Actually, not entirely true. There have indeed been instances of gen parts used in reps (I'm thinking of the 1:1 Santos XL particularly - it was $1500 though! )

It's not a common occurrence, though...

trailboss99

Very very rare but it does happen. You would be shocked if you knew just how many "Swiss" watches have cases and bracelets made in China.

Wrong, as per greg_r's reply above. There is suspicion about the initial run of the Ebel Discovery as well as a couple of others.

I can tell you 100% it happens with bags so why not watches?

gran

if it did happend you could be sure theyll tell us and want extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

trailboss99

Not always, do you think the factory is going to want to admitting to selling case sets out the back door?

Same with bags, I have "rep" bags that a friend has confirmed are 100% genuine yet were sold as A grade reps. The factory is hardly going to want it any other way.

chats

well apparently the "Completely interchangeable" with genuine is a bit of a lie :giggle:

trailboss99

Not always

Cynikal.Mindset

well apparently the "Completely interchangeable" with genuine is a bit of a lie :giggle:

how is it a lie if a piece uses an over run case and bracelet set and a same spec movement as the gen...this is pretty well a factory franken and will accept more gen parts.

gran

Not always, do you think the factory is going to want to admitting to selling case sets out the back door?

Same with bags, I have "rep" bags that a friend has confirmed are 100% genuine yet were sold as A grade reps. The factory is hardly going to want it any other way.

:rolleyes: good one

GenuineFakeWatches.jpg

chats

how is it a lie if a piece uses an over run case and bracelet set and a same spec movement as the gen...this is pretty well a factory franken and will accept more gen parts.

in this case we are talking about Andrew's watch right? if yes, then he did state the same thing like the OP said. for example, you can change the bezel insert with the genuine, but you need a few mods first. at least thats what he said to me when i bought a sub LV from him, its a great watch though

Thang

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Koukla

What does factory Franken mean?

chats

Franken: Assembled from a mixture of genuine and replica parts. (From Frankenstein - Mary Shelley's novel).

read this http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6210 its a glossary list, will save you a lot of time figuring what is what, pretty useful