Sign in to follow this  
Koukla

What does it mean when...

black263

You quite often see the genuine 1:1 all parts interchangeable claim made by one dealer, but not by another with the identical watch. And when you look at sites, you will see that one or two of the dealers make that claim for everything they sell.

Just because they are trusted doesn't mean that they are not trying to bullshit. Remember these websites are also for the gullible great unwashed, as well as the members here. The TD bit only means that they won't do a runner with your money, you will get a decent watch rather than a piece of junk, and that they have agreed to work with the admin if there is a problem.

When I was working we often used a local traveller family to repair and lay tarmac for us. They had done so for years, and knew that to rip us off once would lose them thousands in future work. So we got fair work at a fair price. They were our TD. But when we had a chat they would happily tell us how they had ripped off some gullible customer and overcharged them for similar work. Their vans had all sorts of claims for quality and fair price. And they would often have "overruns" - spare tarmac from another job that they just happened to be able to sell at a great deal - yet oddly, never to us.

Koukla

Yeah I noticed all the trusted dealers were making the same claim for the same watch that I'm looking at , wasn't sure if there was some truth to the statement or a coincidence

Mechwarrior

Just will like to know why they make so nice rep but are unable to center one single pearl ^_^

Rolexwatchman

well apparently the "Completely interchangeable" with genuine is a bit of a lie :giggle:

I was talking to a TD today, got replied that they didn't have a gen to compare... hummm why in the world would they wrote like that then hehe---

Just will like to know why they make so nice rep but are unable to center one single pearl ^_^

very fast production rate, lots of quantities and no control after make... look at the Hublot 4000 is sold out, very popular, still waiting for it to come back in stock.

Edited by Rolexwatchman

LightGeek

well apparently the "Completely interchangeable" with genuine is a bit of a lie :giggle:

I was talking to a TD today, got replied that they didn't have a gen to compare... hummm why in the world would they wrote like that then hehe---

very fast production rate, lots of quantities and no control after make... look at the Hublot 4000 is sold out, very popular, still waiting for it to come back in stock.

Remember it could be the factory making that claim and the drivel comes from there -- not the dealer.

Frankt8242

I didn't understand what the over run case sets meant, obviously reading is hard these days for you as well

These are Over run cases...:

counterfeit_seized_1.jpg

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by Frankt8242

Bash64

Ok, lol. I've also seen them write on a particular model "this model is using genuine over run case sets and bracelets!btge movement is same specs and model as genuine!" Is that also bullshit?? Lol!

This is on trusty times website.

Very very rare but it does happen. You would be shocked if you knew just how many "Swiss" watches have cases and bracelets made in China.

I didn't understand what the over run case sets meant, obviously reading is hard these days for you as well

That one is just a lie. they are claiming that they somehow got a hold of genuine case sets from too large a production run and are using them for their reps. Nope. No way. There will never be any gen case sets used in the rep world. Everything is repped. No gen anything.

Wrong, as per greg_r's reply above. There is suspicion about the initial run of the Ebel Discovery as well as a couple of others.

I can tell you 100% it happens with bags so why not watches?

LOL - the one time I think I really know something and it turns out I am wrong. :)

I happily stand corrected. On the positive side, the lume is so good and the sweep so smooth on my no-date Thai sub I have often dreamed that I was accidently shipped the gen they purchased to make the Swiss AAA 1:1 rep. Maybe it actually happened .