Sign in to follow this  
Corv99

Lets see your Big Pilots then...

Corv99
I'm not sure the 5002 has the raised hour markers. Certainly will be the most accurate with a gen dial.

Bottom line though will be price. I'm into my 5004 at around $484 (Watch+band). If the 5002 is within a reasonable amount of what I paid I'd say get the 5002, especially if you don't like working on watches. If its a few hundred more I'd certainly go with the 5004 + upgrades lol.

Yes to be fair I'm being tempted by gen dial etc BUT this is not the one I originally wanted so back to the 5004...

It seems maybe V1 is way to go, strap upgrade a must, I soo love that grey dial.. But

I eventually want to also get a top gun Doppel.. So this will be a black dial.. So looking for some variation

Defo prefer grey to bronze though for sure

Corv99

Oh meant to say te gen dial watch was a package, so watch plus parts, so assembly still needed..

JaeRSr.

The latest version of the gray dial is super lumed which is nice. Plus, the sunken date wheel issue was fixed on the later version. Definitely a much better choice.

If I'd known to check for the dial color, and gotten the darker dial I'd be thrilled right now. The marker Lume was not crooked on the latest version either. I checked it myself.

Honestly, I'd get the latest version provided you can get one with the darker dial. Last time I checked, Trusty and PureTime both has the latest version but with the lighter dial on their sites. You can check there to see what I'm talking about.

You need that version because of the superlume, and non-sunken date wheel. Only with a darker gray dial. Then upgrade the band, and finally, DAYSI mod. It took me 15 minutes to do.

That will get you a kick a$$ watch!

JaeRSr.

Black263,

I do like the ceramic. Just a bit too sporty for me though. The 5004-01 pretty much covers all of my style needs with iwc. Looking to land a nice ap now and my collection should be complete!

Duzza

The latest version of the gray dial is super lumed which is nice. Plus, the sunken date wheel issue was fixed on the later version. Definitely a much better choice.

If I'd known to check for the dial color, and gotten the darker dial I'd be thrilled right now. The marker Lume was not crooked on the latest version either. I checked it myself.

Honestly, I'd get the latest version provided you can get one with the darker dial. Last time I checked, Trusty and PureTime both has the latest version but with the lighter dial on their sites. You can check there to see what I'm talking about.

You need that version because of the superlume, and non-sunken date wheel. Only with a darker gray dial. Then upgrade the band, and finally, DAYSI mod. It took me 15 minutes to do.

That will get you a kick a$$ watch!

Could you let me know how to release the stem and movement please? Desperate to do this to my 5004 but cant find a tutorial anywhere!

JaeRSr.

Press is a very small pinhole near the bottom of the stem, on the movement. Press in the pinhole with the tip of a needle or something small enough to fit in there while gently pulling the crown away from the case. The crown and stem should pop right out easily.

Press in the same pinhole again to replace the stem and crown.

Hope it helps

JaeRSr.

The pinhole is in a different location on the 5004, but the concept is the same as in the video. Check it out:

Hope it helps

Duzza

Thanks, thats great. What about getting the movement out? I cant see ANY retaining screws!

Corv99

JaeRsr what is the Daysi mod mate?

Sorry is it covering the I? With the hand

jeffw69

Hey Corv! The only Big Pilot I've got,

jek-porkins-20071001033021125.jpg

Corv99
Hey Corv! The only Big Pilot I've got,

jek-porkins-20071001033021125.jpg

:rofl:

It's was only a matter of time..... :lol:

Chiquita Fanjita

Here's a couple of crappy pics of mine Dave with the fixed PR.

79FCFCDC-5E8D-464B-AB1C-2A91C2957EEF-2545-0000021081600D95_zpsaa488f86.jpg

112E0056-FA5A-4BDB-AE92-65DEA490742A-664-000001262076FDD4_zpsf95ef06f.jpg

Corv99

Looks good mate...

I'm really fancying this grey dial more I look at it

Bighands

That's awesome mate, yes to all the points you mention!

What strap is that? Looks like snake skin or similar , looks great..

That model is just like the one I want to get... Is it a V1 25j super lume job by?

My quest is taken a bad turn, I chatting with somebody ref one similar packaged with gen dial, hands , strap etc etc.. Parts not fitted! Sigh!!

Need to step away , need to learn ... Out of range.. Must repeat over and over :lol:

I picked this one up on RG. The strap is a custom shark. The dial version is platinum grey, not the bronze type as mentioned. The previous owner had the lume re-done by "Zigmeister".

Corv99

That's awesome mate, yes to all the points you mention!

What strap is that? Looks like snake skin or similar , looks great..

That model is just like the one I want to get... Is it a V1 25j super lume job by?

My quest is taken a bad turn, I chatting with somebody ref one similar packaged with gen dial, hands , strap etc etc.. Parts not fitted! Sigh!!

Need to step away , need to learn ... Out of range.. Must repeat over and over :lol:

I picked this one up on RG. The strap is a custom shark. The dial version is platinum grey, not the bronze type as mentioned. The previous owner had the lume re-done by "Zigmeister".

It's nice mate, love the strap... Good pick up.

nev848
d294346dd362921a43657de5a631fdcc_zps75173e79.jpg

DarkGlass
Here's a couple of crappy pics of mine Dave with the fixed PR.

79FCFCDC-5E8D-464B-AB1C-2A91C2957EEF-2545-0000021081600D95_zpsaa488f86.jpg

112E0056-FA5A-4BDB-AE92-65DEA490742A-664-000001262076FDD4_zpsf95ef06f.jpg

Bollocks I'm going to have to buy another now. Glad it's still doing well for you mate !

Mystery Shopper

I used to love mine- I'll have to get another one.

SAM_1297.jpg

Corv99

Everyone seems to have had one, sold it and regretted it! :lol:

Duzza

I've still got mine. Wearing a Time Republic strap oem style, did the days| mod tonight too. Favourite watch by some distance.

Mr. Pap

My franken 5002 platinum. I really like it a lot!

DSC04712_zps6b0d062e.jpg

DSC04760_zps5be5503e.jpg

Corv99

OMG!

That's superb Mr Pap.

Is it a gen dial?

The AR is ridiculous ...

That's 2 watches you have I would kill for! :lol:

NCRich

I have one on a nice ostrich strap. Not ever selling.

Baldrick

Best value watch I've ever bought and my daily wearer!!!

IWCBIGPILOT14FLUCO.jpg

IWCBIGPILOT13FLUCO.jpg

IWCBIGPILOT11FLUCO.jpg

IWCBIGPILOT10FLUCO_zps88ab9df5.jpg

IWCBIGPILOT5FLUCO_zps2154b341.jpg