Sign in to follow this  
Langirt

Need some info about quality of these movements

Langirt

Hi all,

please check following two movements and if you could kindly provide me with some information about the quality of the these two, I would highly appreciate that. And how much would you pay for them?

Tag Heuer Calibre 17

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hui13alljaxrg2j/2013-09-13%2019.33.42.jpg

Omega Seamaster PlanetOcean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bba0kynwe4r436l/2013-09-13%2019.36.39.jpg

I have been charged more than 200 € for each.

Best regards.

Lang

SSTEEL

Welcome to RWG. Only your first photo is displaying for me, and I am sad to report, you have been ripped off. That particular movement is a cheap and nasty quartz movement. Worth about $10+

olly593

Sorry Lang, but one of them is cheap Quartz and the other looks like a 21J but someone with more experience than me will be along soon to prove me right or wrong.

200 € Each? Think you've be had there probably worth about 100$ each? Put some more pictures up of the rest of the watches, where did you get them from?

SSTEEL

I can see the second movement now, looks like a 21J movement, worth around $30.

A better photo may prove otherwise, as I cannot see the balance wheel due to the rotor being in the way.

Higs

Put some more pictures up of the rest of the watches, where did you get them from?

But please don't post links to what is probably a scam site, just the name.

As others have said, the first is cheap quartz and the second is cheap (21J) auto.

You have been ripped off. Lots and lots of people were scammed before they found this site.

Read up on all the info here and get started with buying better quality reps.

Odyseus

Yeah, the plastic movement spacer is the give away that it's a cheap rep..$200 each Oh Dear!!!

Wriggles

As already said, more than 200 each is daylight robbery. Just about worth 200 in total at a push. This happens, put it down to experience and read up around here for your next purchase to avoid the same again

scorpion

Yep agree the quartz looks like a Miyota - Excellent reliable movement found in $70 to $100 reps, will prove very reliable and accurate but no way is a rep with one $200. Other looks like a A21J with a decorated rotor + movement but again not found in a dear rep. In a $200 rep the movement holder is metal and often with a nice machined finish but for a chrono with A7750 movement $200 would be very cheap. Looks to me the dealer just bought $70 / $100 dollar reps and sold them for double / triple profit. Unlucky but you are now in a safer place to avoid rip offs.

rete

Euro 200 each...that's around US$540 you paid for the two?

In used condition those two movements are worth $30-40 together.

Wriggles

But he bought watches not movements, so 30-40dollars wouldn't cover it. OP was ripped off at roughly 2.5 to 3 times what they're worth but not 10 times!

Jase

The quartz movement isn't that bad (as quartz movements go)

Made by S11 it looks like a VK64, which means it'll have a sweepping chrono hand (like Reg's Tags)

How fookin sad is that? I know something about quartz movements................arrggggghhhh

rete

But he bought watches not movements, so 30-40dollars wouldn't cover it. OP was ripped off at roughly 2.5 to 3 times what they're worth but not 10 times!

Ah, yes. Sorry missed that little detail. As you were.

Wriggles

The quartz movement isn't that bad (as quartz movements go)

Made by S11 it looks like a VK64, which means it'll have a sweepping chrono hand (like Reg's Tags)

How fookin sad is that? I know something about quartz movements................arrggggghhhh

Thanks Jase,I learn something new every day which always make me think of this

greg_r

Both cheapies. They should work fairly okay, but you're looking at inexpensive watches for which you have significantly overpaid. Would need a closer look at the PO to be sure - but that watch is likely to be worth $35 to $100. The Tag would be $100-ish.

Langirt

Oooh no, that hurts!

Thanks a lot for your answers. Let me give you some more details so that I can cry around the whole night:

- I bought FIVE watches (I gave one of them to my nephew as a gift).

- I paid 600 Turkish Lira (approx. 240 Euro) for each of them.

- It was said to me that they have been produced in Italy, 1:1 according to the original watches.

- I bought them in Istanbul, not in a shop but a private guy. I'm not sure whether he did that intentionally but he said to me that he delivers to wholesalers also.

- All the bling-blings of those watches drove me crazy, in reality I'm absolute beginner in matters of watches and reps.

Here is a picture of all four watches together, but as I said I just opened two of them. The Rolex seems to have a selfwinding automativ movement as it moves suddenly as soon as I pick it up from the table. The Tag Mikrograph is also a Quartz but I did not open it. The automatic movement of the (opened) Omega seems to have some issues with not been accurate sometimes (on a daily basis):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibcuh8jxti08yqh/2013-08-31%2022.56.04.jpg

What about the TD here in the public lists, any problems with delivering to the gulf states?

jard89

You're in the right place now!

Wriggles

Ouch. About 1200euro on 5 watches, which most likely would cost 500euro or less if bought from our TD's here. I feel your pain. And the Planet Ocean seems to be 21J auto which means the chrono subdials are not chrono and just move with the pushers. You'd get at least 3 really good rep's for what you paid for those 5

I won't say much more as you've been stung enough. Definitely chalk it up to lesson learned, you can't get top quality stuff in Turkey, ok quality yes but only if you look hard enough and know what you're looking at. All rep's are made in China, not in Italy

All the TD's here can get you really good rep's and some fantastic rep's.

As for shipping to Gulf countries, there are members here in some of them, so I don't think there's many problems, but some other members might comment who have first hand knowledge. The TD's also will be able to tell you if there is issues and what method of shipping is safest to wherever you are located.

Good luck

Langirt

I'll let off steam in the gym now otherwise I can't sleep today :sad:

I'm very thankful for the clarification. First I need to restore my confidence in reps and think about it some time.

SSTEEL

You're not the first and most certainly won't be the last to have learned the hard way my friend. As said, chalk it up to lesson learned.

Stick to our TD's, and you will get what you pay for. Begin communication with some of them regarding shipping to your location.

Langirt

I'll do that, thanks for all your noble advices.