Sign in to follow this  
Gooseling

Looking for a Blancpain Le Brassus GMT

Gooseling

Hey all,

My dad recently gave me his old Blancpain that he got for a wedding present..not entirely sure what model it is but it really looks like the current Le Brassus GMT model...

Now I love the watch..but it's something that's way too expensive for me (in college) to be wearing every day..so I decided I'd look for a replica

the model i'm interested in is the one here:

http://www.blancpain.com/e/collections/le_.../4276_3442a_55b

I can't seem to find this watch on any of the trusted dealer sites. Most of the sites that do have blancpain have the 50 fathoms and not the one i'm looking for...

I contacted Mary at watchinternational but as you know she's kinda swamped with stuff right now so I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Does anyone know where I can find a good quality replica of this awesome watch?

Cheers

greg_r

It's a gorgeous thing, but I don't think there's a rep of it available...

Gooseling

Ah that's a shame...

well then, can anyone recommend any watches that look similar? (i know patek makes some with the moon phase too) I really like the moon phase, but I don't want sometime too complicated..just the date and the moon phase will do. I like my watches pretty simple haha

Baldrick

You tend to find that moonphase usually goes with 'complications', look for some of these

047PATEKGONDOLOCALENDRIER1.jpgPATEKMOONPHASE1.jpgPATEKCALATRAVAPOWERRESERVE01.jpgPATEKCALENDARSTEELBUTTERMILKDIAL02.jpg259GLASHUTTE.jpg262A.jpgJLC06.jpg

Gooseling

wow that patek 4th from the top is really pretty (silver)...me wants...

I guess the reason I was shying away from watches with a lot of different features is because after spending a month in China last year and seeing all the really cheap rep watches they have there, i realized that almost all of them with subdials did almost nothing.

Do you think that the reps that I get from someone like Mary or Robert would have working subdials even if it uses a quartz mechanism?

I noticed that many of them were also manual winding watches, though I am sure its possible to get an automatic one right?

Gooseling

I think what I meant to ask up there is:

take a look at this one I found from houseofsouvenirs

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/patekphili...hilippe_072.htm

This watch has 3 subdials that display date month and (i'm guessing) GMT time?

What would the 2 buttons on the side of the watch do? The cheaper replicas I see in China remind me of this one..and pushing those buttons would just move the needle on one of the dials.

I don't think i'd want a watch that did this because i'm kind of ADD and would be pressing those buttons and constantly changing the date settings if you catch my drift...

greg_r
I think what I meant to ask up there is:

take a look at this one I found from houseofsouvenirs

http://www.houseofsouvenirs.com/patekphili...hilippe_072.htm

This watch has 3 subdials that display date month and (i'm guessing) GMT time?

What would the 2 buttons on the side of the watch do? The cheaper replicas I see in China remind me of this one..and pushing those buttons would just move the needle on one of the dials.

I don't think i'd want a watch that did this because i'm kind of ADD and would be pressing those buttons and constantly changing the date settings if you catch my drift...

The hour hand just tracks the ... errr.... hour hand :) The pushers just adjust the date and month subdials.

The same thing goes with moonphase - most of them just display day/night. I do seem to recall a rep that had fully working moonphase, but it wasn't cheap and it was very much the exception to the rule.

Anyhow, that's the thing with these 21J cheapies with complications. Some of them look very nice indeed, but don't expect them to work in even vaguely the same way as the gen...

Baldrick

The Patek shown 4th, has full worki ng sub dals, they operate as a 'calendar' wat ch, showing days of the week and dates in the month, the 'moonphase' on all these watches are not really true gibbous waxing and waning moon phase indicators, they are 'day' / 'night' indicators!

Gooseling

Yea I know what you mean :)

I think i might try go for a breitling with a 7750 movement inside..from what i've read, they are pretty legit.

I haven't seen any pateks with 7750 movemen,.mainly the 21j and some quartz ones. Would the quartz ones have a working moonphase dial?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions..I'm new to this whole rep watch thing hahaha

PatronSaintofChainsaws

Some of the ST19-based VC, Patek, and Breguet handwind chronograph reps have proper working moonphase (along with the other features working as expected). They're around $300 - $350 IIRC.

Gooseling

I guess I could go for a handwind watch..but its something i'd have to remember to do every morning hahaha...

Where would I be able to find those ones like that?

greg_r
I guess I could go for a handwind watch..but its something i'd have to remember to do every morning hahaha...

Where would I be able to find those ones like that?

Here's the one I was remembering: http://www.1-pc8838.com/br10006-chronocale...ono-p-3429.html

Perfect Hour are on our trusted dealer list, but you may find that one of our forum dealers such as WatchInternational or PrestigeWatchCo may get it for you slightly cheaper.