Sign in to follow this  
TRANSPORTER

wind watch up........watch unwinds, any ideas?

TRANSPORTER

ok guys, this isn't a rep movement that I'm talking about here ok, but I'm figuring that they all work on the same principle so here I go.

Now having stripped down a good few movements and even done a little modding in the past (I'm no expert and only do it for self gratification not for profit) I've now come across this problem with a vintage AS1130 Glycine movement

Basically when I wind the watch by the stem I get no click and the main spring will just unwind itself, just like when you release the power before a strip.

At first I thought it might need a new click spring, but when I wind the main spring by pressing down on the barrel with a finger and turning I get a nice click, but I've noticed that the click wheel isn't engaging with teeth on the barrel, I can push it over with the a screwdriver so that it does engage but the balance isn't turning.

Now the balance not turning isn't too big an issue shes over fifty years old and been through a war, as I havnt stripped her down just yet, so she's not cleaned etc. My main question is does anyone know what the problem might be ref the winding before I start to find the problem blind.

Many thanks guys.

SSTEEL

COuld be a number of things really. As you say the main spring retainer/click spring may not be holding the spring barrel due to the axis of the barrel being slightly off, or simply this spring is deformed, and needs renewing.

Personally, it sounds like the movement needs a complete strip down, service, and replacement oils, and parts.

TRANSPORTER

Thanks for the reply mate, the strip and inspect is next, I havnt been able to find a service manual for the movement as if yet, I tried Glycine watches direct with an enquiry for any information on a dial but they didn't reply, which isn't very professional of them, I'll give them another go with this though.

I've managed to find a parts catolouge but that's about it at the moment, anyway thanks again for your help, it's a long term project so I'm in no real rush as I don't want to screw this movement up.