Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

RSI – Rep Scene Investigation – part 1 (Italia/Ventimiglia markt)

theflyingdutchman

Good day,

I am currently 3 weeks on holiday in Italia. 2 weeks in Imperia and after that one week in Tuscany. Of course I know that selling AND buying reps is reps is illegal in Italia, but after reading these reportsabout the fake “market†in Ventimiglia on Friday, I thought let’s give it a try.

- http://www.europastar.com/europastar/magaz...t_id=1002199350

- http://www.qype.co.uk/place/215478-Ventimi...et-Ventimiglia-

The short summary of my trip:

- no reps watches

- lots of rep hand bags

Interesting enough, I watched a police man check the sales allowance of a booth owner for the Ventimiglia market, but the police man was not interested in the Gucci and other “branded†fake hand bags, he was selling openly.

My wife was!

But she did not buy anything, as the quality of the 60-100€ bags was rather poor and did not stand up to the compare vs. her genuine Gucci hand bag (may not fare!)

I chatted with some of the people selling normal watches on the market, where to go for reps. They said that San Remo (20km away from Ventimiglia) was the place to go on Saturdays. They also said that the rep scene there was in the hands of the Nigerians. So guess where I am going tomorrow. I just hope that the rep hand bag scene is less present!

Ciao!

Dutchy

Wiz

Vintimille is just full of overpriced street junks, and I don't think you can find good replicas in the south of Europe anymore. Recently I've seen a rep market that seems decent in Ukraine.

Member X

Will look forward to hearing the report of the other place! :D

mrtepax

I was born and lived in Italy for 25 years and I spent a lot of summer holidays near Imperia. As wiz and dutcy state, in this part of Italy there are a lot of low quality replicas, mainly sold to unaware tourists. I think you won't find any replicas better and cheaper than those sold by our dealer. So, save money for a nice dinner and enjoy you stay!!!

I think that for good replicas in Italy you should go South, to Naples, but at your own risk, and in my opinion, it's not worthwile....there, if you don't know how and where to move, you would probably get scammed

theflyingdutchman
I was born and lived in Italy for 25 years and I spent a lot of summer holidays near Imperia. As wiz and dutcy state, in this part of Italy there are a lot of low quality replicas, mainly sold to unaware tourists. I think you won't find any replicas better and cheaper than those sold by our dealer. So, save money for a nice dinner and enjoy you stay!!!

I think that for good replicas in Italy you should go South, to Naples, but at your own risk, and in my opinion, it's not worthwile....there, if you don't know how and where to move, you would probably get scammed

I think you are 100% right! It is just fun looking around! Seeing what is offered and laughing at the prices!