Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Maurice Lacroix Globe GMT

kennycoder

I got this watch from my stepfather as a birthday present. It's a MAURICE LACROIX Masterpiece Globe Automatic Chronograph, a great sport automatic chronograph with 3 time zones display.

The watch was "Best Function Award" winner by Hong Kong "Watch Report"in 2003.

Case : 43 mm diameter without crown, polished and brushed stainless steel, premium grade extreme sport design. It has a polished bezel, water resistant to 50m. Has a sapphire crystal on the front with almost colorless AR and plain crystal on the back. Height of the case is 16 mm. Weight with bracelet is 225 g. Date of manufacture : Around 2003. Reference number is MP 6398.

Movement : High grade MECHANICAL automatic Calibre ML 88, 26 jewels, based on highly appreciated Valjoux 7750, from 2003. Features blued steel screws, incabloc shock security, polished steel anchor and anchor wheel, Glucydur balance, Nivarox-1 spiral balance spring, Nivaflex-1 main spring and skeleton rotor.

Functions : Hours and minutes, small seconds subdial, date (subdial, quick set by left master crown), 24 h display, 2nd &3rd time zone, chronograph stopwatch function (buttons), hour outer ring dial (inner bezel) rotation both directions (right master crown)

Dial : Unique design, rarely seen in chronographs. Black and silver dial with subdials composed in fashion that gives the watch an extraordinary balanced appearance. A cosmopolitan flair is achieved by the option to read 3 time zones from the dial simultaneously. The hallmark of the watch, the GLOBE, is positioned at 6. It is a double arrow hand subdial which shows day hours by it's golden end and night hours by it's black end. Inner hour bezel is rotating clockwise and anticlockwise via right master crown. Every single element of this complicated dial is perfect.

Bracelet: 21mm at lugs, stunning heavy oyster combination of brushed and polished stainless steel links. Double folding clasp, signed. Measure inside (closed):205 mm. Signed. Side screws on all but 6 inner links. I personally think that the bracelet is simple hideous and doesn't belong on this watch.

Here are some pics:

DSC_0092.jpgDSC_0095.jpgDSC_0096.jpgDSC_0098.jpgDSC_0099.jpgDSC_0100.jpgDSC_0101.jpgDSC_0102.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this mini review.

Thanks

kennycoder

Also I have another ML to review.. hope to do it later today :)