Sign in to follow this  
MadButcher

SOSF - is this gen or rep?

Rolexwatchman

Looks good, it's the older version of it 2006... the newer versions has arrows instead and the "S" seems to be correct like all details on dials.

I would have it check at AD first before purchase.

P4GTR

The flat S in superocean and the big date aperture window lead me to believe this is a rep dial. The lume on the chapter ring was done on the V2's so that's not a tell (KeNnY).

The bezel has the correct flat "one", where the rep has the incorrect check mark looking 1's.

The dial is not right, something is afoot.

SSTEEL

From what I'm reading, the second hand changed shapes from square to arrow in late 2006 to early 2007.

This is my understanding also.

I can't really comment on this watch as I am yet to pop my Breitling cherry.

MadButcher

Well, there has been long term member of that gen forum just revealed to showing off reps as gens - DSSD, Breitling SA, IWC Pilot at least. No one had idea that those were reps for loooong time.

This seller of SOSF just reached 50 posts needed to open sales thread, and his pictures are same crap as those from that revealed guy. Just coincidence?

Thank you all for analyzes, I know that we cant be sure where the truth is from those 4 not good photos. End of story....

Higs

Well, there has been long term member of that gen forum just revealed to showing off reps as gens - DSSD, Breitling SA, IWC Pilot at least. No one had idea that those were reps for loooong time.

This seller of SOSF just reached 50 posts needed to open sales thread, and his pictures are same crap as those from that revealed guy. Just coincidence?

I certainly wouldn't buy that watch on the basis of the poor pics, the seller's lack of history and the missing box (although rep boxes are available).

But suspicion and caution is not the same as calling it a fake.

I know that we cant be sure where the truth is from those 4 not good photos. End of story....

Correct.

onionbag

Link to original sales thread?

SSTEEL

Yeah, a link to the sales thread should be interesting ;)

Hazz

Yeah, a link to the sales thread should be interesting ;)

http://forum.chronomag.cz/index.php?/topic/65108-breitling-steelfish-44-mm-%C4%8Dern%C3%A9-na-kau%C4%8Duku/

you beat me to it :(

chats

i opened it......anddd... i am lost :giggle:

MadButcher

chats, throw your Garmin out of window! I always get lost when I rely on that bastard.

ImNotFatImFluffy

From what I'm reading, the second hand changed shapes from square to arrow in late 2006 to early 2007.

This is my understanding also.

I can't really comment on this watch as I am yet to pop my Breitling cherry.

the SOSF is an excellently repped watch, ive got the V2 H Factory with black dial, and i knew before i got it that i liked its looks, but didnt know just how much i would love it, it looks better in person than the pics from most people would show, also it seems to be almost perfectly sized for me (ive always stayed around 42-45.5mm, so its towards the larger size)

Frankt8242

I'd have to see better pics of the dial, but the S in superocean seems to have the correct curved tail.

22font.jpg

Then again, the date box looks chunky.

19.jpg

Not always!!!!!.......My $100. model from @ '06 has a date window EXACTLY like the gen in your shot!!

timetobuyawatch

looks fake to me. the S on superocean and datebox is clearly not right!