Sign in to follow this  
Melikey

Movement removal Monaco 24

Melikey

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I got a cheap Monaco 24 from PA. Does anyone know how to remove the movement? I can't figure out how it is held in place. Thanks for any help.

:huh:

Olly

Remove the movement from the case or dial and hands ? To remove the movement from the case you have to remove the crown and stem. Then the movement holder. Then the movement should come free. To remove the dial and hands undo the dial feet holders on the movement and get hand pullers on the hands. Done :D

Melikey

Remove the movement from the case. This is the monaco that you can see straight through the case. It has a movement holder that is like a can that is suspended in the middle of the case. The movement can't come out from the bottom, unless I'm missing something. The "can" only touches the case at the 12 and 6 positions. I can't tell if it is physically connected or just touching.

Olly

TAke a pic and i can help a bit more. Try turning the movement to see if the movement holder screws will Come out. Also the movement may come out from the top like some vintage Omegas.

Melikey

This is the best I can do at the moment. It is someone else's PA Monaco 24. He shows the back in the video. You can see the rotor spinning under the enclosed can like movement holder I described. When I get home tonight I will post a pic with good lighting and the case back off.

Thanks for your help.

Olly

Ok no problem.

Melikey

So I got brave and started taking things apart. This is the process I would suggest for anyone looking to take one of these pieces of shit apart.

First back out the four Allen bolts. You will then be able to pry up the "can" movement holder. There is also a second plastic movement holder which fits inside the can. Once these are removed you will have the room you need to remove the chrono pushers and winding stem. The movement and dial will just fall out now.

As no shock to anyone this watch is the dirtiest thing I've ever seen. The movement runs well but the hour hand gets caught on the tag emblem. Anyone thinking of buying one of these should just flush their money down the toilet. I think from now one we should refer to cheap crap watches as PA quality because Canal street stuff is better than this.

IMG_20131004_182102_559_zps09f0b729.jpg

Olly

Well done, that was the easy part. Now put it all back together. Why did you want to take it apart ?

Melikey

The hour hand gets caught on the tag emblem. Since it is a two layer dial the hands all have long stems. Except for the hour hand which has an extender on it. Unfortunately the extender is not long enough.